🐈
» Forums » New to Upwork » my account
Page options
strategizebiz
Community Member

How can I know that my profile is approved?

Hello,

1. I would like to know if my profile has been aprroved....?
  2. Can you not have a status marker in the profile information so new users know whether or not they have been approved?

Thx,

Melissa

ACCEPTED SOLUTION
AndreaG

Hi all,

This thread has been closed from further replies due to its size. Please know that you can check if your profile has been approved on your end by trying to submit a proposal. If you’re able to submit proposals, it means your profile was approved! 

We appreciate your participation in the Community and welcome you to continue the conversation here.

Thank you!

~Andrea
Upwork

View solution in original post

8,614 REPLIES 8,614

Hi, I need some help, my account hasn't yet been approved 😞

Hi Peaches and Jairo,

I checked, and I can confirm that your profiles have been accepted. You can find more useful information and advice on the freelancer resources we have compiled here to help you get started on Upwork. If you have any questions, please feel free to reach out. We're here to help. Thanks!

~ Joanne
Upwork

hello Joanne Marie P  can you check my profile, my profile isnt yet been approved i am newbie in here thank you so much 🙂

Hi Telmen, 

I checked and can confirm that your profile is under review. Please note that once you submit your profile, it takes at least 24 to 48-hours for the process to complete and you will be notified via email about your account.

~ Nikola
Upwork

Hi, My account is 2 months old and my account has not yet been approved.
How can i approve my account?

Hi Barooq,

I checked and can confirm that your account was already approved. However, your agency status is set as 'Exclusive' which means that you can only use the agency's membership plan and Connects.

Thank you.

~ Aleksandar
Upwork

Thanks for help. Is there any solution i can use my both freelance and agency account?
As I am unable to buy connects without membership.

Hi Barooq,

Yes, there is! You can change your status from Exclusive to Non-Exclusive. That way, you can use both membership plans and while submitting proposals, you can choose whether to submit as a freelancer or an agency member.

To update your status, please switch to your agency profile and go to Settings > Members & Permissions. On the page, you should be able to see a link saying 'Exclusive' as shown in this screenshot. Click on it and a popup will open. From there, you can update the status by selecting 'Non-Exclusive' in the 'Agency Freelancer' dropdown as shown in this screenshot.

Thank you.

~ Aleksandar
Upwork

Thank you for your help. 

Hi!
Aleksandar, my account profile has not yet been approved. Why?
Could you approve it?

Hi Dmytro,

Please keep in mind that you're part of the agency as an exclusive member. This means that you can send proposals only under the agency using the agency Connects. If you would like to work as a freelancer as well, the agency owner will need to update your status to non-exclusive member. Thank you.

~ Goran
Upwork

Hi Goran!
Thank you!

hi, hope you are doing fine, i could not finish my profile, some issue when i complete the file, in the city ask me twice to complete and i cant move forward to finish thanks

**Edited for community guidelines**

Hi Marina, 

Could you please clear your cache and cookies or log in with another browser to check if you`re able to complete your application form and submit it for the review by clicking the Review Application at the bottom of the page?

Let us know if you need any assistance going forward, we're here to help.

Thank you!

~ Bojan
Upwork

I'm trying to access my account and trying to bid project. But suddenly I found that my account is not approved. May I know why ? Let me know if there is any required information from my side to make it approved.

g_vasilevski
Retired Team Member
Retired Team Member

Hi Yagnik,

One of our team members will reach out to you via ticket as soon as possible with more details about your profile and assist you further. You can access your tickets on this Link, thank you.

~ Goran
Upwork

It's been more than three days and I'm checking ticket by given link. Still there no ticket showing and no one responded yet.

Hi Yagnik,

I checked your account and it looks like you have already submitted proposals a few hours ago. Are you still seeing the notification that your profile has not been approved?

~ Joanne
Upwork
yagnikk
Community Member

Thanks for quick response.

Proposals submitted few hours ago are through agency account, however I can't submit proposal from my frilance account. When I go to check my Membersip and Plan page of my account, I'm getting message that 'Your profile has not yet been approved'. Please check attached screenshot for the same.

Hi Yagnik,

Thank you for the additional information. I'll follow up with the team that's handling your concern and they will reach out to you directly via email. 

~ Joanne
Upwork
yagnikk
Community Member

Hello Team,

May I know how much time it will take to resolve this issue.?

AveryO
Community Manager
Community Manager

Hi Yagnik, 

I checked your account and it looks like you're all set already. Let us know if the issue persists and our team will assist you further.

~ Avery
Upwork

Hi Samarth,

As an exclusive member of the agency, you won't be able to use your freelancer membership plan/connects. Exclusive agency members can only work on contracts under the agency.

You can find more information about it here.

Thank you.

~ Aleksandar
Upwork

Can someone please let me know if my upwork account is approved? On the homepage it says Congrats, you're now part of Upwork, but I didnt recieve any email that says your account is approved.

yes, it's approved.

Hi Smiley Happy

I hope you are doing well. I was hoping you could help me. I created my profile on 02/11/2019. It was suggested that I would hear back as to the approval or rejection of my profile within the next 24 hours (I ascertained this when I updated my profile).I was wondering whether my profile is blocked for some reason? Or whether this is just standard practice, and the message received upon updating my profile is a bug in the system?

Thanks for your time and sorry to bother you!

Have awesome days ahead Smiley Happy

Regards,

Rami

Hi Rami,

Thanks for reaching out to us. I checked your account and can see that you have recently submitted it for the team's review. Please allow 24 to 48 hours for the review to be complete. Once you are all set, you should be able to start bidding for jobs in the Upwork marketplace.

Thank you.

~ Aleksandar
Upwork

Hi Stefan,

I checked your account and it looks like you haven't submitted it for review yet. Please click on "Review Application" button and make sure to fill in all the requested fields. Upon checking, you haven't added any information about the city where you are currently located. Kindly update it and once everything is complete, click the "Review Application" button again. You should be able to see the option to submit your profile for review. The review process takes 24-48 hours to complete and you will be notified of the status via email and a notification on your Upwork account. Thanks!

~ Joanne
Upwork

Thank you Joanne! But i have already done that! After filling all the fields, including City, when i click the Review Application button i get redirected to the same page with no errors for required fields and there is no submit option after this step. I tried a few times, the same happens every time.

Hi again Joanne! I think I solved my problem! Here is what was going wrong: the field City - every time I typed in the city I did not select it from the suggestions drop down list, as the list was overlayed by the browser suggestions list (the list was actually hidden by the one on the front)!!! The typed city with not selected from the list (even though it was the same - "Skopje") does not work, without any field errors, so you must select the list item!

Hi Stefan, 

I'm glad to know that your issue has already been resolved. Please don't hesitate to reach out here in the Community if you need further help with anything. Have a great day!

~ Avery
Upwork

Hi , How do I know my profile has been approved or not ?? please help me.

Hi Ankit, 

I happily confirm that your account registration has been accepted. Welcome to Upwork!

For help getting started, please read up on the freelancer resources for great tips and insights on how you can work successfully on the platform. For more information about working safely through Upwork, please read these tips for avoiding questionable jobs.

Good luck on your freelancing career!

~ Avery
Upwork

Hello! I want to confirm my account, I am waiting for confirmation within 2 weeks. Can anybody help me? How can I solve this problem?

Hi Oleg,

Just to confirm that your application haven't been submitted for a review, if you`re ready please go to the bottom of the page and click on Review Application.
If you`re directed back to the same page please try clearing your cache and cookies or logging in with another browser. Thank you.

~ Goran
Upwork

Hi,

My name is Bilal Junaidy and I recently signed up for upwork as a freelancer.

I submitted my application around a week ago but still haven't heard back from the upwork team regarding whether or not my profile has been approved or not.

When I login into upwork, I see the following message. 

If your profile is approved, it will become the public profile you’ll use to market your freelance business to clients (you can edit it after approval).

Can you please advise how long the approval process is and what stage of the approval process my application is currently at?

Thank you

Bilal Junaidy

Hi Bilal,

Just to confirm that your application haven't been submitted for a review, if you`re ready please go to the bottom of the page and click on Review Application.
If you`re directed back to the same page please try clearing your cache and cookies or logging in with another browser. Thank you.

~ Goran
Upwork

Hello, how can i know of my profile is approved?

Latest Articles
Featured Topics
Learning Paths