🐈
» Forums » New to Upwork » Re: Account approval
Page options
strategizebiz
Community Member

How can I know that my profile is approved?

Hello,

1. I would like to know if my profile has been aprroved....?
  2. Can you not have a status marker in the profile information so new users know whether or not they have been approved?

Thx,

Melissa

ACCEPTED SOLUTION
AndreaG

Hi all,

This thread has been closed from further replies due to its size. Please know that you can check if your profile has been approved on your end by trying to submit a proposal. If you’re able to submit proposals, it means your profile was approved! 

We appreciate your participation in the Community and welcome you to continue the conversation here.

Thank you!

~Andrea
Upwork

View solution in original post

8,614 REPLIES 8,614

Hi Nour,

Once you`re ready please go to the bottom of the page and click on Review Application.
If you`re directed back to the same page please try clearing your cache and cookies or logging in with another browser. Thank you.

~ Goran
Upwork

Hi there,

Seriously, thanks to any of you in the upwork community who happen to read this.

Just wondering if there is way to contact Upwork if there might be a bug in my Profile Application?

I went through the contact Upwork, tried the chat bot - which didn't assist me. Then I went to teh ask a question and was put onto another chatbot system which also didnt answer my question. And then I clicked on contact Upwork button at end of that stage and it gave me just this option of posting on the community boards.

I'm a bit baffled - any way to actually communicate with a person from Upwork? 😛

Here's the problem I faced:

- I've attempted to setup my account and my profile.
- Once I submitted I waited to hear from Upwork. I didn't hear back

- Today I received an email "Win more work by customizing your popular projects" mentioning that it had some draft projects ready for me to edit. When I clicked the link it took me to my profile page.

- However once I logged in to start setting myself up, it took me straight to the profile edit page. So naturally I resubmitted my profile for review. However, I never received any notification that my profile had been approved.

- I'd just like to know from the team if there is a bug preventing my profile from being reviewed or approved, as I had been waiting some time, and would like to start setting a up on the Upwork system.

Thanks!

Best regards,

Trevor

Hi Trevor,

Just to confirm that your application haven't been submitted for a review. Please add your city in the "City" field and if you`re ready please go to the bottom of the page and click on Review Application.
If you`re directed back to the same page please try clearing your cache and cookies or logging in with another browser. Thank you.

~ Goran
Upwork

I would like to know if my profile has been aprroved....?

Hi Sujit, 

I am happy to confirm that your account registration was accepted. Welcome to Upwork, and the Upwork Community!

I highly recommend that you read up on the freelancer resources we have compiled, for great tips and insights on how you can work successfully on the platform. Please don’t forget to read the Safety First! section of the resources, and these tips for avoiding questionable jobs for more information about working safely through Upwork.

I hope this helps, and good luck!

~ Avery
Upwork

Hello, i just want to know that why is my account not approved until now?

Hi Khaled,

I checked this for you and it looks like you didn't complete all the information required under the application form. Please clear your cache and cookies or log in with another browser to check if you`re able to complete your application form and submit it for the review by clicking the Review Application at the bottom of the page.

Please note that your profile must represent you as an individual and that all the information in your profile including your profile photo needs to be accurate, truthful and verifiable. 

Let us know if you need any assistance going forward, we're here to help.

Thank you!

~ Bojan
Upwork

How can I know that my profile is approved? and what is about the blue tick on upwork with some profiles i have seen the blue tick ?

BojanS
Community Manager
Community Manager

Hi Ashir,

Yes, your profile was accepted, feel free to start bidding on projects.Please, check out these threads Getting Started on Upwork and Hiring Headquarters. There you’ll find some excellent articles and learn more about Upwork. 

Are you referring to the ID verification badge? At this time, only earning freelancers are eligible/required to earn the “Identity Verified” badge. If you become eligible/required, we will notify you when you log into your Upwork account.

Thank you! 

~ Bojan
Upwork

Hi! I'm not sure who to contact, so I'm posting here. It's been a few days since I've applied - can you let me know my status?

Hi Caroline,

Just to confirm that your application hasn't been submitted for a review. If you're ready please go to the bottom of the page and click on Review Application.
If you're directed back to the same page please try clearing your cache and cookies or logging in with another browser.

Thank you.

~ Aleksandar
Upwork

Hi,

I'd also like to know if my profile was approved, because I have connects and it seems I can send proposals.

Thanks in advance for your answer.

Hi Daniel,

I checked and I can confirm that your profile has been accepted. Thank you.

~ Joanne
Upwork

Hi,

My profile has been stuck with the following message for some weeks now.

If your profile is approved, it will become the public profile you’ll use to market your freelance business to clients (you can edit it after approval).

Submissions to "review application" simply bring me to the main page.

Cheers,

Andy

Your profile seems to be active: https://www.upwork.com/o/profiles/users/_~011b966cb89e8928de/

Maybe delete your cookies or something?

Hi Andy,

I checked your account and can see that you have recently submitted it for the team's review. Please allow 24 to 48 hours for the review to be complete. Once you are all set, you should be able to start bidding for jobs in the Upwork marketplace.

Thank you.

~ Aleksandar
Upwork

i can see jobs but when i click it shows "complete your profile" so my account is approved or not? and connects are also 0.

Hi Mufakkir,

I checked your account and it looks like you have not yet submitted it for review. Kindly click the "Review Application" button and make sure that you fill in all the sections of your profile. Once everything is complete, you should see the option to submit it for review. The profile approval process takes up to 24 hours. You will be notified of your profile approval status once it is completed. Thank you!

~ Joanne
Upwork

hi, is it possible if you go through my profile and see if its ready proposal submiting.

Hi Derek,

Your profile is approved and you can start sending proposals when you`re ready. Thank you.

~ Goran
Upwork

Plesae do me a favour check my upwork account in activated or not and informe me

Hi Dharmesh,

Yes your profile is approved and you can start sending proposals. Thank you.

~ Goran
Upwork

My profile is still not approved.
I was registered 3 weeks ago, still no answer.
All text fields are fill.

I don't have any emails about inform me that I am unable to accept Upwork freelancer registration.

BojanS
Community Manager
Community Manager

Hi Ildar,

I checked this for you and it looks like you didn't complete all the information required under the application form. Please clear your cache and cookies or log in with another browser to check if you`re able to complete your application form and submit it for the review by clicking the Review Application at the bottom of the page.

Let us know if you need any assistance going forward, we're here to help.

Thank you!

~ Bojan
Upwork
ildsview
Community Member

Thank you. New browser works!

The message "3 things you need to know" shows up after I submit a proposal for approval. The proposal does not go through nor do I receive any further information What is this all about?

To anticipate a few questions you might ask me in this regard: I am new to Upwork, but my profile has been accepted and I have not been notified to submit ID verification yet.

Hi German,

I checked this for you and your account has already been accepted. You should be able to send proposals to jobs on the general marketplace. Could you please clear your cache and cookies or log in with another browser to check if you`re able to submit a proposal?

Let us know if the issue persists.

Thank you.

~ Bojan
Upwork

My account still isn't approved and I don't know why.

I have everything filled up. Please help!

g_vasilevski
Retired Team Member
Retired Team Member

Hi Zhi,

Just to confirm that your application haven't been submitted for a review. Please add your City in the "City" field and if you`re ready go to the bottom of the page and click on Review Application.

~ Goran
Upwork

Hi Goran,

Thank you!

Hi, I created an account under the username **Edited for Community Guidelines** but, although completed and submitted, it still hasn't been approved. Is there any issue?

Hi Bruno,

Your profile is accepted and you can start sending proposals when you`re ready. Thank you.

~ Goran
Upwork

How to knows that my account is approved ?

Hi Brijesh, 

I would like to confirm that your account registration has been accepted. Welcome to Upwork!

For help getting started, please read up on the freelancer resources for great tips and insights on how you can work successfully on the platform. For more information about working safely through Upwork, please read these tips for avoiding questionable jobs.

Good luck!

~ Avery
Upwork

plz check my account that it is approved or not?

Hi Dhrumil,

Yes your profile is approved and you can start sending proposals when you`re ready. Thank you.

~ Goran
Upwork

6 days ago I submitted the request for my profile... But I didn't received no response, can someone help me?

Hi Luigi,

I checked your account and it looks like you have not submitted it for review yet. Please click the "Review Application" button and make sure to update any fields that you missed which will be highlighted in red. Once everything is complete, you should be able to see the option to submit your application for review. Thank you!

~ Joanne
Upwork

Hi, my account is on hold, may I know why it is taking so long to approve my account? Thank you.

Hi. Last Friday, I tried to create an account and I have completed the required fields in "Create your profile". However, there is no option for me to save it. I saw this one "If your profile is approved, it will become the public profile you’ll use to market your freelance business to clients (you can edit it after approval)." so I waited. But until now, there seem to be no changes. What should I do? Thanks

Latest Articles
Featured Topics
Learning Paths