🐈
» Forums » New to Upwork » When will my profile be checked?
Page options
strategizebiz
Community Member

How can I know that my profile is approved?

Hello,

1. I would like to know if my profile has been aprroved....?
  2. Can you not have a status marker in the profile information so new users know whether or not they have been approved?

Thx,

Melissa

ACCEPTED SOLUTION
AndreaG

Hi all,

This thread has been closed from further replies due to its size. Please know that you can check if your profile has been approved on your end by trying to submit a proposal. If you’re able to submit proposals, it means your profile was approved! 

We appreciate your participation in the Community and welcome you to continue the conversation here.

Thank you!

~Andrea
Upwork

View solution in original post

8,614 REPLIES 8,614
g_vasilevski
Retired Team Member
Retired Team Member

Hi BQool,

Just to confirm that your application haven't been submitted for a review. Your name on Upwork needs to be your full legal name. If you would like to work as a team, you will need to open an agency. If you`re ready please go to the bottom of the page and click on Review Application.
If you`re directed back to the same page please try clearing your cache and cookies or logging in with another browser. Thank you.

~ Goran
Upwork

Hi,

It has been more than two days but my profile seems to be still under review. Should I wait or is there an issue? 

Thanks! 

g_vasilevski
Retired Team Member
Retired Team Member

Hi Shafayat,

Just to confirm that your application haven't been submitted for a review, if you`re ready please go to the bottom of the page and click on Review Application.
If you`re directed back to the same page please try clearing your cache and cookies or logging in with another browser. Thank you.

~ Goran
Upwork

I did submit it for review though. Even cleared my cookies and did it.
Though the place where it says "city" keeps getting deleted.

Be patient.

It may take a few days.

For a creative writer?

Maybe longer.

Maybe never.

BojanS
Community Manager
Community Manager

Hi Srijani,

The review process can take up to 48 hours from the time you submitted your profile for review. Once the process is complete, you will receive an email and a notification to your Upwork account to update you about your approval status. 

Thanks!

~ Bojan
Upwork

Your profile may indeed end up getting rejected.

But don't assume the process is finished simply because it has been under review for 48 hours.

We're at the start of a long weekend.

The review may be finished in an hour.

Or a week.

Or longer.

Be patient.

Hi Kaustubn,

Please allow another 24 hours for the review to be completed. Once it's done, our team will reach out to you with the results. Thank you.

~ Goran
Upwork

Thanks Goran.

Will wait.

How I can know that my upwork account is approved?

Hi Tufan,

Your profile was accepted, feel free to start bidding on projects. You can also check out this thread Getting Started on Upwork and learn more about Upwork.

Thank you!

~ Bojan
Upwork

Hii,

I am waiting for account approval from last three days and it is still pending please let me know how much time it will take or let me know if anything is need to add or update in my profile.

Hello,
It’s been well past 48 hrs. Wanted to check in the status of my application.

With the Thanksgiving holiday here, you're at the start of a long weekend.

The profile approval process may be finished within the next hour.

Or it might take another day. Or a week.

Please be patient.

Hello.

I am new to upwork and registered my application yesterday.

But my application is under review.

When Can I get my account passed?

If there is something wrong, please let me know so that I can work on upwork with client.

In a word I wannaget account activated as soon as possible.

Please help me.

Thank you for your time.

Looking to hearing  good newss for you soon.

Best Regards.

I have the same issue. It has been more than 24 hours and my profile is still under review. No feedback whether my application is approved or denied. Please help.
BojanS
Community Manager
Community Manager

Hi Artur, John Devin, and George,

I apologize for the delay in receiving an update. I'll go ahead and follow up with the team reviewing your applications and you can expect to receive an update as soon as possible.

Thank you for your patience.

~ Bojan
Upwork

Hello,

Any update?

It's been two days and my profile is still under review, I've not gotten any response from the Upwork team yet. Is there anything I'm doing wrong?

We're at the start of a long weekend.

The approval process may finish within the next two hours.

Or it may take a few days.

Maybe a week or longer.

Be patient.

Hi Clinton, Yara, and George, 

I apologise for the delay. I'll go ahead and follow up with the team so that they can complete the review of your account. 

~ Avery
Upwork
yaramaz
Community Member

Dear Bojan,

My profile has yet to be approved in order for me to start submitting proposals.
I joined Upwork on 25 November 2019. It's been 3 days now.

The prompt message states:
"Your profile is under review
You should hear back within 24 hours. You will be able to submit proposals once your profile is approved."

May you give me tips on how to get my profile to be approved?

Looking forward to your kind assistance and reply.

Thank you.

Regards,
Yara

Dear Upwork and Upwork Community,

My profile has yet to be approved in order for me to start submitting proposals.
I joined Upwork on 25 November 2019. It's been 3 days now.

The prompt message states:
"Your profile is under review
You should hear back within 24 hours. You will be able to submit proposals once your profile is approved."

May you give me tips on how to get my profile to be approved?

Looking forward to your kind assistance and reply.

Thank you.

Regards,
Yara

It is the start of a long holiday weekend. May happen in an hour. Or one more day. Or week. Be patient.

Is it approved now? If not then please let me know.

Hi Muhammad, 

I checked your account and it looks like it's been a few months already since your Upwork profile registration was approved. Are you seeing a notification on your account about your account still being reviewed?

~ Avery
Upwork

It is a holiday week for Thanksgiving in the US so I suggest that you just be patient.

Hi Joan,

Sure I will wait.

Thanks.

I signed up for a new account on Upwork last Friday and I was told my account will be reviewed and someone will get back to me within 24hrs. It's been almost a week now. Just curious as to why it is taking so long. Why not just say someone will get to me rather than be so specific with the time and then nothing happens?

This length of wait is normal.

And you're in the middle of a long Thanksgiving weekend.

You may need to wait another week, or longer.

Your suggestion is a good one: Why say 24 hours when it isn't really going to happen within 24 hours?

I think that one should look at 24 hours as a "goal" rather than think of it as a "fact."

Thank you Preston for your speedy response. I think they should just take
out the 24hrs. It makes the company look bad. There is no need to try to
impress then look so bad when they dont followup on their word.
BojanS
Community Manager
Community Manager

Hi Kingsley, Joyce Ann, and Saurabh,

Your applications are currently under review. Our team will reach out to you with the results as soon as they complete the review of your profiles.

~ Bojan
Upwork

Any update on my application?

Hi!My Name is Adil. 2 days ago i made an account at upwork. The company said that we will tell you about your approval in the next 24 hours but i didnt recieved any imformation about my accoubt  in upwork. I joined upwork with the email "**Edited for community guidelines**". Kindly inform me about my approval as i really want ths job. Thanks!!

Kind Regards 

Adil

BojanS
Community Manager
Community Manager

Hi George and Adil,

I checked this and your applications are still under review. Please allow time for our team to complete the review of your profiles and they'll reach out to you directly with the results.

~ Bojan
Upwork

Hi. Can someone help me. My application is still under review 48 hours after submitted. Thanks so much in advance 🙏🏻

Dear Upwork community,

There seems to be a problem with the reviewing process of my profile. I have submitted my profile for 3 days now, without any response (neither the denial or acceptation of my profile).
 Since Upwork says that 'I will get a response within 24 hours', I am not sure as to what I must do now.

I hope that you have an answer for me.

Best regards,

Jesper Lagerwerf

Latest Articles
Featured Topics
Learning Paths