🐈
» Forums » New to Upwork » Re: Your profile has not yet been approved On...
Page options
strategizebiz
Community Member

How can I know that my profile is approved?

Hello,

1. I would like to know if my profile has been aprroved....?
  2. Can you not have a status marker in the profile information so new users know whether or not they have been approved?

Thx,

Melissa

ACCEPTED SOLUTION
AndreaG

Hi all,

This thread has been closed from further replies due to its size. Please know that you can check if your profile has been approved on your end by trying to submit a proposal. If you’re able to submit proposals, it means your profile was approved! 

We appreciate your participation in the Community and welcome you to continue the conversation here.

Thank you!

~Andrea
Upwork

View solution in original post

8,614 REPLIES 8,614
AveryO
Community Manager
Community Manager

Hi Asif, 

I checked your account and can confirm that your profile is now accepted. Welcome to Upwork!

I highly recommend that you read up on the freelancer resources we have compiled, for great tips and insights on how you can work successfully on the platform. Please also pay attention to the Safety First! section of the resources, and these tips for avoiding questionable jobs for more information about working safely through Upwork.

Good luck!

~ Avery
Upwork

I would like to know whether my upwork profile is approved or not. If not, then what I can do to be approved. Please guide me. Thanks.

g_vasilevski
Retired Team Member
Retired Team Member

Hi Gunjan,

You will need to complete your profile up to 100% before you`re able to send proposals. To learn more on how you can complete your profile check out this Help Article. Thank you.

~ Goran
Upwork

To whom it may concern... I've posted my profile info for confirmation repeatedly since last week. So far I've received no response to my query. Please help.

g_vasilevski
Retired Team Member
Retired Team Member

Hi Salah,

Just to confirm that your application haven't been submitted for a review, if you`re ready please go to the bottom of the page and click on Review Application.
If you`re directed back to the same page please try clearing your cache and cookies or logging in with another browser. Thank you.

~ Goran
Upwork

I am having issues with my profile account, it keeps getting rejected and I don't understand why. I have filled every section required I resubmit the application and I still get rejected. My picture is uploaded and I don't get it. I'm lost, any help would be greatly appreciated.

Hi Nery,

I apologize for the delay in receiving an update. Your profile was accepted, feel free to start bidding on projects.

Please, check out these threads Getting Started on Upwork and Hiring Headquarters and find there some excellent articles and learn more about Upwork

Thank you.

~ Bojan
Upwork

Please check my profile that is it approved or not?

Hi Mukul,

Once you complete your profile up to 100% you will be able to send proposals. To learn more about this check out this Help Article. Thank you.

~ Goran
Upwork

Hi,

I would like to know whether my profile has been approved.

Thanks!

Hi Jasmine,

Yes your profile is approved and you can start sending proposals when you`re ready, thank you.

~ Goran
Upwork

I heard that it takes 24h for a profile to be approved. In my case, 24h passed already, will I be notified whether is approved/declined? (I haven't received any mail, checked the spam section as well). I'm afraid not to miss the opportunity. 

Thank you & Have a beautiful week! 

Stefan K. 

Think of "24 hours" as sort of a goal. Something to strive for.

That doesn't mean it will really happen for you.

Could be a few days. Could take a few weeks. Be patient.

Hi Stefan,

It looks like you haven't submitted your profile for a review yet. Please, make sure all the fields are completed and then click Review Application at the bottom of the page.

Our team will reach out to you with the results within 24 hours.

Thank you.

~ Bojan
Upwork

Thank you! 

Indeed I had some errors I wasn't aware of. 

Everything's fine now, I'm doing the next steps. 

Have a great day! 

Stefan K. 

Hello,

I have recently submitted my application to join upwork but my profile is not yet approved or rejected it has been more than 48 hours and I haven't received any email.

On my upwork account it just says "If your profile is approved, it will become the public profile you’ll use to market your freelance business to clients (you can edit it after approval).

Looking for inspiration? Check out these tips."

Since I have submitted the profile it says the same till now. Any help is much appreciated.

Thanks

Hi Sajjad,

I checked your account and can see that you are yet to submit it for review. You have yet to fill-in your City field in the address section of your account application. When you click on Review Application, all the things highlighted in red needs to be reviewed. Once you have updated your profile accordingly, you can submit it for the team’s review. Please know that profile reviews may take from 24-48 hours. 

~ Riri

Thank you for the help. I tried to move forward using the review application button but it wasn't working that time, as it was redirecting me to the same page. But it worked now and asked me to submit application so I did that.

Thank you.

Hi. I reqistered my account yesterday and haven't received my approval status. I was told to wait for a period of 12 hours.

Hi Enock,

Thanks for reaching out to us. I checked and it looks like your account has already been accepted. You should be able to send proposals to jobs in the general marketplace. Please, make sure you check resources in this post to help you get started.

Thank you.

~ Aleksandar
Upwork

Good day to all,

I am curious whether I need to work better on my profile, it has been over 24 hours after I submitted my initial profile background. I would just like to know whether I need to make revisions on it.

Thank you!

Hi John,

Thanks for reaching out to us. I checked your account and can see that you are yet to submit it for review. You have yet to fill-in your City field in the address section of your account application. When you click on Review Application, all the things highlighted in red needs to be reviewed. Once you have updated your profile accordingly, you can submit it for the team’s review. Please know that profile reviews may take from 24-48 hours. 

Thank you.

~ Aleksandar
Upwork

Hi,

nothing changes on my profile for last 10 days i think.

"If your profile is approved, it will become the public profile you’ll use to market your freelance business to clients (you can edit it after approval)."

When will I get approved ? 

Thank you,

Branko

Hi Branko,

Just to confirm that your application haven't been submitted for a review, if you`re ready please go to the bottom of the page and click on Review Application.
If you`re directed back to the same page please try clearing your cache and cookies or logging in with another browser. Thank you.

~ Goran
Upwork

Hello! I registered my account 7-10 days ago. In the instructions it is mentioned that I was supposed to get an e-mail if it's approved or denied within 24 hours. Unfortunately, I've never receied such an e-mail. What should I do?

Hi Nadezhda,

~ Goran
Upwork

A few weeks ago I created an account and profile on Upwork. I clicked "Review Application" and didn't think anything of it, I assumed it was submitted for approval. However, I never received any email or even a notification saying that my account was submitted to be reviewed. I logged in again today to check my status and was surprised to see my default page is still "Create an Account". When I click that "Review Application" button, the page simply refreshes, with no indication that anything has been submitted. I would like to know if there a way to know that my account is actually being reviewed, and when should I expect a response?

I am having the same problem. I would really like to know what is happening.

BojanS
Community Manager
Community Manager

Hi John and Jernej,

It looks like you haven't submitted your profiles for a review yet. Please, make sure all the fields are completed and then click Review Application at the bottom of the page.

Our team will reach out to you with the results within 24 hours.

Thank you.

~ Bojan
Upwork
j_rutar
Community Member

Hey Bojan,

I tried several times, the only thing that Upwork shows me is the screenshot you see here:

g_vasilevski
Retired Team Member
Retired Team Member

Hi Jernej,

You still need to add your city in your address in order to be able to submit your application for a review. Please also clear your cache and cookies, if you`re still experiencing the same problem after this let me know. Thank you.

~ Goran
Upwork

Your profile has not yet been approved

Once your profile has been approved you can view your default membership plan or upgrade your plan on this page.

What to do for Approval? 

Hi Sanjay,

Since you`re an exclusive member of the agency you will not be able to send proposals as a freelancer. If you would like to work as an independent freelancer as well the agency owner will need to change your status to non-exclusive member. Thank you.

~ Goran
Upwork

Hello Sir!

How can I know if my freelancer upwork profile has been approved? I created it last wednesday night. Will wait for your reply. Thanks!

Regards,
Miriam

Hi Miriam, 

I checked your account and I can see that you are yet to submit your profile for review. You need to click the review application button to make sure you did not miss any section of the profile creation process. Any portion that is highlighted in red needs to be filled-in. Please review your application and update the missing fields to be able to submit your profile for review. In this case, please update the city field and resubmit your profile for review. 

Once you submit your profile, it takes at least 24 to 48-hours for the process to complete and you will be notified via email about your account.

~ Avery
Upwork

I have already centered my city field and clicked the Review Application
but still redirect me on the same page. Kindly help.

Thank you.

Regards,
Miriam Cagalingan

Hi Miriam, 

I tried it on my end and didn't go through any issues. When you type-in your city, please select the city from the drop-down list that will pop below the text field. You can also try clearing your cache, and cookies first, or using a different browser, to see if the issue persists.

~ Avery
Upwork

Is my account is approved or not?

BojanS
Community Manager
Community Manager

Hi Omer,

Yes, your profile was accepted. Please, check out these threads Getting Started on Upwork and Hiring Headquarters and find there some excellent articles and learn more about Upwork.

Thank you.

~ Bojan
Upwork
drk20258
Community Member

Hello!

How are you?

Can you please tell if my account is approved or not?

Thank you!

Latest Articles
Featured Topics
Learning Paths