🐈
» Forums » New to Upwork » Re: Is my accounts is approved?
Page options
strategizebiz
Community Member

How can I know that my profile is approved?

Hello,

1. I would like to know if my profile has been aprroved....?
  2. Can you not have a status marker in the profile information so new users know whether or not they have been approved?

Thx,

Melissa

ACCEPTED SOLUTION
AndreaG

Hi all,

This thread has been closed from further replies due to its size. Please know that you can check if your profile has been approved on your end by trying to submit a proposal. If you’re able to submit proposals, it means your profile was approved! 

We appreciate your participation in the Community and welcome you to continue the conversation here.

Thank you!

~Andrea
Upwork

View solution in original post

8,614 REPLIES 8,614

Today is Thanksgiving.

You profile MIGHT get checked an hour from now. But probably not.

Maybe tomorrow. Maybe next week.

Be patient.

Thank you for the response, Preston. I appreciate it.

Hey Goran. I'm in the same boat. I want to know if my profile is approved. I was signed up as a customer because I wanted to find developers to help me with my clients, but now I want to develop for upwork. I transfered it to seller. It looks approved, but I haven't gotten any email. Furthermore, I spend a lot of my time at cafes, and someone told me that my account can get banned if I use a vpn. Is this true? 

Hello,
I want to know that my account is approved or not. It seems approved but didn't get the mail of approval.

Hello team!

My account was created a long time ago, now I would like to use it as a translator-freelancer. Could you help me?

Thanks a lot

Hi Abhay and Vitalii,

Your profiles are approved and you can start sending proposals when you`re ready. Thank you.

~ Goran
Upwork

Hi,
I'm able to send proposal but i don't get profile approval mail. how can i know dose my profile approved?

Hi Prince,

Yes your profile is approved and you can continue sending proposals when you`re ready. Thank you.

~ Goran
Upwork

I am trying to use your website as an alternative to my current workplace and i get rejected all the time. 

I get no specific reason, just that upwork doesn't fit to a person like me.

Huh? What to do in this case.!?

Hi Iulian,

I can confirm that your account registration has been accepted. Welcome to Upwork! 

For help getting started, please read up on the freelancer resources for great tips and insights on how you can work successfully on the platform. For more information about working safely through Upwork, please read these tips for avoiding questionable jobs.

I hope this helps, good luck!

~ Aleksandar
Upwork

Hello,

1. I would like to know if my profile has been aprroved....?
  2. Can you not have a status marker in the profile information so new users know whether or not they have been approved?

thanks

Awal

Just try to submit a proposal. If you can, then it is approved. Also, click the bell icon near your profile photo to see if there is a notification you've missed. 

If your account has been approved, you will have available connects and you will have the ability to submit proposals to jobs without any errors. If your profile is still under review, the image below will be on top of your upwork page or if you are not accepted in the platform, a different notification will appear. I hope this helps.

image.png

Thank you!

Hi Awal,

I would also like to add that profile reviews may take 24-48 hours to complete. Once the review process is complete, you will be notified via email and on your Upwork account. Let us know if you have other questions. Thank you!

~ Joanne
Upwork

I didn't got email of upwork approval but I. Can bid! What it mean? I'm confused!

I'm not sure I quite underastand the question. I hope you don't have multiple accounts.

For that one and only account that you are allowed to have, if you can bid, it probably means that your profile is approved and you can bid for jobs. 🙂

Brijesh K wrote:

Is my account is approved?

Yes, your profile is approved, you were already told that the last time you asked.

I would like to know my profile is approved or not ?

BojanS
Community Manager
Community Manager

Hi Sandya,

Yes, your profile was accepted, feel free to start submitting proposals for jobs that you find to suit your skills and experience. Please, check out these threads Getting Started on Upwork and Hiring Headquarters. There you’ll find some excellent articles and learn more about Upwork. 

Thank you!

~ Bojan
Upwork

I wanted to know the reason behind the rejection of my profile. Based on my experience, it seems a little unfair, and to be honest, I expected a better reason than something as vague as "10000 applicants each day". 

Siddhartha C wrote:

I expected a better reason than something as vague as "10000 applicants each day". 

You don't really expect them to write a custom "Why we are not accepting you" letter to 9800 rejected profiles a day, do you?

And thus a template answer? Something that can be copy-pasted and sent to 9800 profiles at the same time? Doesn't that raise some serious questions about the reviewal process in the first place?

Also, not sure if my question warrants for the sarcasm that was pretty evident from the reply. 

Hi Siddhartha,

Our team is reviewing each profile and new freelancers are accepted not just based on their skills but on the demand of the marketplace as well. You can learn more about Upwork registration here

Since your application was accepted, you're free to start submitting proposals for jobs that you find to suit your skills and experience. 

You can also check out this thread Getting Started on Upwork and learn more about Upwork.

Thank you!

~ Bojan
Upwork

AveryO
Community Manager
Community Manager

Hi Zoha, 

I would like to confirm that your account registration is accepted. Welcome to Upwork, and the Upwork Community!

For help getting started, please read up on the freelancer resources for great tips and insights on how you can work successfully on the platform. For more information about working safely through Upwork, please read these tips for avoiding questionable jobs.

Good luck!

~ Avery
Upwork

Dear Admin,

I'm new here.

How long will my profile be approved?

Please support me.

Thank you!

Hi Hue, 

I checked your account and it looks like you just recently submitted it for review. Please allow the team 24 to 48 hours to review your account registration. You should be able to start sending proposals for jobs once your profile is approved.

~ Avery
Upwork

Hi, I want to know if my upwork account is approved or not. 

Initially i received the rejection mail, now that i have resubmitted my profile, I haven't received any message.

Please check for profile

Nisha Shankar

**Edited for Community Guidelines**

Hi Nisha,

Yes your profile is approved and you can start sending proposals when you`re ready, thank you.

~ Goran
Upwork

Hi,

Good Day! I would like to know how can i verify if my profile has already been approved? I did not receive an email but i'm able to search and request jobs.

Thank you!

Hi Rachelle, 

Your profile is approved and you can start sending proposals when you`re ready. Thank you.

~ Goran
Upwork

Thank you so much for your immediate response!

hi, I didn't recieved an email,how can i know if my profile has been approved or not? can you please tell?

Hi Hamna,

Your profile was accepted. Please check this help article for more information about how to achieve a 100% complete profile and make sure you check resources in this post to help you get started.

Thank you.

~ Bojan
Upwork

Good day,

I have created my account 3 days ago and still no answer if my account has been rejected or accepted.

Is it normal?

Hi Ali,

I can see that you`ve submitted your application for a review. Please allow up to 24 hours for the review to be completed and our team will reach out to you with the results. Thank you.

~ Goran
Upwork

Hello!

How will I know if my account is approved or not? is there a status bar?

Hi Ahsan,

Your profile is approved, thank you.

~ Goran
Upwork

Hello, May i know my account is approved no or not as i didnt got any confirmation mail and i a able to send proposal??

Latest Articles
Featured Topics
Learning Paths