🐈
» Forums » New to Upwork » Waiting too long for profile approval
Page options
strategizebiz
Community Member

How can I know that my profile is approved?

Hello,

1. I would like to know if my profile has been aprroved....?
  2. Can you not have a status marker in the profile information so new users know whether or not they have been approved?

Thx,

Melissa

ACCEPTED SOLUTION
AndreaG

Hi all,

This thread has been closed from further replies due to its size. Please know that you can check if your profile has been approved on your end by trying to submit a proposal. If you’re able to submit proposals, it means your profile was approved! 

We appreciate your participation in the Community and welcome you to continue the conversation here.

Thank you!

~Andrea
Upwork

View solution in original post

8,614 REPLIES 8,614

If there is no alert on the top of your screen, click a job post and check the 'Submit Proposal' button. If it's green and active for use, then you're accepted. Yet, I suggest you look at your spam posts and Upwork notifications.

Thank you very much for your fast response!

Hi Mairy,

I checked and it looks like your account has already been accepted. You should be able to send proposals to jobs on the general marketplace. Please, make sure you check resources in this post to help you get started.

Thank you.

~ Aleksandar
Upwork

Hello All,

I've signed up for UpWork on December 20 but I haven't got any feedback since then. I have already checked my spam folder but still nothing. What could be the problem?

Thanks for your help.

Réka

Hi Reka,

Just to confirm that your application haven't been submitted for a review. You will need to add your city in the "City" field and if you`re ready, please go to the bottom of the page and click on Review Application.
If you`re directed back to the same page, please try clearing your cache and cookies or logging in with another browser. Thank you.

~ Goran
Upwork

Hello,

thanks for the quick reply. I have filled in the City name 5 times since my registration, I always resend the profile for review, but still nothing happens. I'm going to try your advice, I'll come back if it doesn't work. 

Thanks again,

Réka

Hi,

I am new to upwork, last week i had created an account and still its not been approved nor rejected. Can someone help me understand how long will it usually take to approve a profile or am i missing something.

thanks

S Sathish

petra_r
Community Member

Sathish K wrote:

Can someone help me understand how long will it usually take to approve a profile or am i missing something.

Are you sure you actually submitted it for review?

AveryO
Community Manager
Community Manager

Hi Sathish, 

I checked your account and I can see that you are yet to submit your profile for review. You need to click the review application button to make sure you did not miss any section of the profile creation process. Any portion that is highlighted in red needs to be filled in. Please review your application and update the missing fields to be able to submit your profile for review. In this case, please update the city field and resubmit your profile for review. 

Once you submit your profile, it takes at least 24 to 48-hours for the process to complete and you will be notified via email about your account.

~ Avery
Upwork

My account is approved or not?

Hi Sana,

Yes, your profile is approved as well. Thank you.

~ Goran
Upwork

Can you please tell me my upwork account is approved or not?

Hi Ronit,

Yes your profile is approved and you can start sending proposals once you're ready. To learn more about getting started on Upwork, please refer to the resources I've shared in my previous post. Thank you.

~ Goran
Upwork

Hello !Can you please tell me my upwork account is approved or not? Thank you

Mst Mansura A wrote:

Hello !Can you please tell me my upwork account is approved or not? Thank you

It is.

How can I know if my account was approved or not? Thank you

Hi Princess Maura,

I checked and it looks like your account has already been accepted. Welcome to Upwork! Feel free to check this video to help you get started on Upwork as a freelancer. You can find more articles on this page.

~ Nikola
Upwork

How can i check if my profile is approved?

Hi Charlton,

I checked and can confirm that your account was accepted. Welcome to Upwork!

For help getting started, please read up on the freelancer resources for great tips and insights on how you can work successfully on the platform. For more information about working safely through Upwork, please read these tips for avoiding questionable jobs.

I hope this helps, and good luck!

~ Aleksandar
Upwork

I can see your profile, so it is public.

petra_r
Community Member

"Re: How can I be sure if my Upwork account has been approved "

Can you bid on jobs?

The Hire button is there when I look at your profile from my client account so you probably have been approved. Unapproved freelancers tend to have a note that they can not be invited at that point.

approved.jpg

Martina, whether the profile is public or private has not bearing on the approval status or vice versa  🙂

d95cc0ea
Community Member

How can I understand my profile is approved or not no emails yet?

How can I understand my profile is accepted or not? 

I didn't get any email about approval.

But I can browse jobs.
Please respond someone.

Hi MD Emon,

Your account has been accepted. To help you get started, please check out these threads Getting Started on Upwork and Resource Center. There you’ll find some excellent topics and learn more about Upwork. 

Thank you! 

~ Bojan
Upwork

Thanks a lot @Bojan S

AveryO
Community Manager
Community Manager

Hi Soman, 

Your profile has already been approved. For help getting started, please read up on the freelancer resources for great tips and insights on how you can work successfully on the platform. For more information about working safely through Upwork, please read these tips for avoiding questionable jobs.

Good luck and welcome to Upwork!

~ Avery
Upwork

Can you kindly tell me if my Upwork profile is approved, in-process, or declined?

Hi Ammar,

Your profile is approved and you can start sending proposals once you're ready. Thank you.

~ Goran
Upwork

Thanks a lot! I just applied to a job but it throws an error:
"

Sorry, we were unable to save your application.

Forbidden. You do not have sufficient permissions to access this page.

"

Hi Ammar,

Please try to clear your cache and cookies or log in via another browser to submit a proposal. Thank you.

~ Goran
Upwork

can you please tell me ...My profile is approved or not....?

Hi M A,

I checked and can confirm that your account was accepted. Welcome to Upwork! For help getting started, please check freelancer resources for great tips and insights on how you can work successfully on the platform. 

~ Nikola
Upwork

I am new also, but l just created my portfolio and l have not been approved yet. So check again. **Edited for Community Guidelines**

Hi Ajiboye,

I checked your account and I can see that you are yet to submit your profile for review. You need to click the review application button to make sure you did not miss any section of the profile creation process. Any portion that is highlighted in red needs to be filled in. Please review your application and update the missing fields to be able to submit your profile for review. In this case, please update the city field and resubmit your profile for review. 

Once you submit your profile, it takes at least 24 to 48-hours for the process to complete and you will be notified via email about your account.

Thank you.

~ Aleksandar
Upwork

can you please assist me too? 

I am not sure if my profile has been approved. How can I be sure about it?

BojanS
Community Manager
Community Manager

Hi Arva,

Yes, your profile was accepted, feel free to start submitting proposals for jobs that you find to suit your skills and experience. Please check out these threads Getting Started on Upwork and Resource Corner. There you’ll find some excellent topics and learn more about Upwork. 

Happy working! 

~ Bojan
Upwork

Please help me check if I’m also verified

Hi Ezenwata,

Your profile is approved and you can start sending proposals once you're ready, thank you.

~ Goran
Upwork

I signed up about 2 months ago and i was wondering if my profile has been approved?

Latest Articles
Featured Topics
Learning Paths