🐈
» Forums » New to Upwork » About Profile Approval
Page options
strategizebiz
Community Member

How can I know that my profile is approved?

Hello,

1. I would like to know if my profile has been aprroved....?
  2. Can you not have a status marker in the profile information so new users know whether or not they have been approved?

Thx,

Melissa

ACCEPTED SOLUTION
AndreaG

Hi all,

This thread has been closed from further replies due to its size. Please know that you can check if your profile has been approved on your end by trying to submit a proposal. If you’re able to submit proposals, it means your profile was approved! 

We appreciate your participation in the Community and welcome you to continue the conversation here.

Thank you!

~Andrea
Upwork

View solution in original post

8,614 REPLIES 8,614

Hi there,

I have completed my profile and have now been waiting for over 48hrs for it to be approved. 

I did not recieve any notificiation saying it was in the approval process either. I am just wanting to know if there is any way i can check on the status to make sure i have not done something incorrectly?

Thanks!

Hi Jonny,

Just to confirm that your application haven't been submitted for a review. You will need to your city in the "City" field as well. If you`re ready please go to the bottom of the page and click on Review Application.
If you`re directed back to the same page, please try clearing your cache and cookies or logging in with another browser. Thank you.

~ Goran
Upwork

Thank you for the reply.

I have tried clearing my cache and cookies and using a different browser and still whenever I click “review application” I am directed back to the same page i was already on.

Any help would be appreciated. Thank you.

Hi Jonny,

I checked your account and can confirm that it is under review now. Please allow up to 24 hours for the review to completed, thank you.

~ Goran
Upwork

I made my 2 3 years ago but did not use it. The day before yesterday I updated all my information on upwork and want to submit it for review. But tjere is no visible option on my profile?

Hi Tamseel,

I checked and your account has already been accepted and you have already sent few proposals to jobs. Please, make sure you check resources in this post to help you get started.

Thank you!

~ Bojan
Upwork

Hi,

I created my profile yesterday and was able to immediately start submitting proposals, so I sent out a few. This morning I got a notification that my profile was approved and that I could now start submitting proposals. After some reading on here, I realize that it seems that you're not supposed to be able to submit proposals before being approved.

Is there any way to know if my previously submitted proposals can actually be seen by the job posters? I just want to make sure they didn't end up in some kind of void because they were sent before I was approved.

Thanks!

Go to the main page.  Under "Find Work" there is a tab that says "Proposals".  Your proposals should be there.  I suspect your profile was approved when you submitted them and the notification was just delayed for some reason.

Thanks for your reply. I do see them there, that's a good sign. I haven't received any kind of feedback at all from any of the job posters though, so I can't confirm that they can see them too. I guess I'll wait and see.

Hi Dale,

Your profile has been approved and all the proposals you see on your Proposals page have been delivered to clients. It may, however, take a bit of time to get the first response to your proposal.

I suspect the email was delivered to you with a delay. Sorry about the confusion caused by that.

~ Valeria
Upwork

Ok great, thanks for checking!

More often that not, you will send proposals and never hear anything back. Don't worry about. Just submit to jobs that you know you can do really well and tailor your proposal to that specific job. It takes a good while to get going - don't get discouraged. Be sure you read everything about how the platform works, how you get paid, the Terms of Services and everything else so you don't get scammed.

Thank you so much for your advice, Mary. I appreciate you taking the time to help out a newbie.

I'll be sure to follow it - especially the bit about being scammed.

The key appears to be in avoiding jobs that request off-platform payments. I have a question about how to handle payments that may not fit within the structure of the bid forms I've seen in job posts. This just occurred to me, so forgive me the answer is available elsewhere. I figure I'll ask here before I look, double my chances of getting a good answer.

I offer a maintenance plan that has an annual fee. Usually I'll offer it at the end of a project. Up until now, I've accepted several forms of payment, including PayPal, Interac e-Transfer, etc. If I manage to land a client on Upwork, I'd like to keep the payments within Upwork to avoid these issues with scammers. My question is twofold: is there a way to charge for upsales and is there a way to create a recurring payment? The recurrent payments do not need to be automated, so as long as there is a way to create a new charge for it upon renewal, it should work.

Thanks again for your time!

@Dale T wrote:

Thank you so much for your advice, Mary. I appreciate you taking the time to help out a newbie.

I'll be sure to follow it - especially the bit about being scammed.

The key appears to be in avoiding jobs that request off-platform payments. I have a question about how to handle payments that may not fit within the structure of the bid forms I've seen in job posts. This just occurred to me, so forgive me the answer is available elsewhere. I figure I'll ask here before I look, double my chances of getting a good answer.

I offer a maintenance plan that has an annual fee. Usually I'll offer it at the end of a project. Up until now, I've accepted several forms of payment, including PayPal, Interac e-Transfer, etc. If I manage to land a client on Upwork, I'd like to keep the payments within Upwork to avoid these issues with scammers. My question is twofold: is there a way to charge for upsales and is there a way to create a recurring payment? The recurrent payments do not need to be automated, so as long as there is a way to create a new charge for it upon renewal, it should work.

Thanks again for your time!

Upsales: not really, no.

Recurring: Yes, but it's not used much, most users do not know about it, and even fewer clients know about it. And most clients, if they did know, would not go for it.

Upwork is not really set up to do either of those things, and trying to do either here is going to be very frustrating. I advise you to go READ (yea, that's right, READ). the many support pages that discuss PAYMENTS.

Which if course, you should do even if you did not have a specific reason.

Thank you, Pandora. Don't worry, I won't skip the homework.

You're right, of course - I should have read about all of this before submitting my first proposal. The post that pushed me to sign up had a 2 hour window and I wanted so badly to get my application in as soon as possible.

I will take your advice and stop looking for jobs until I've read what I need to read.

Thanks again!

@Dale T wrote:

Thank you, Pandora. Don't worry, I won't skip the homework.

You're right, of course - I should have read about all of this before submitting my first proposal. The post that pushed me to sign up had a 2 hour window and I wanted so badly to get my application in as soon as possible.

I will take your advice and stop looking for jobs until I've read what I need to read.

Thanks again!

Your welcome, and btw, Welcome to Upwork!  We might be brisk with our advice, but that's just because we have seen so many people fail simply because they failed to read.

RTFM, my friend!

Hello I want to know whether my profile has been approved thank you

Hi Opio,

I'm happy to confirm that your profile has been accepted. Please check out the freelancer resources we have compiled here to help you get started on Upwork. If you need any help, please let us know. Thank you!

~ Joanne
Upwork

Hi, My account has been under view for over a month, how long does this process normally take and am I able to do something to speed this process up?

Thanks in advance

Hi Jackson,

I checked your account and I can see that you are yet to submit your profile for review. You need to click the review application button to make sure you did not miss any section of the profile creation process. Any portion that is highlighted in red needs to be filled in. Please review your application and update the missing fields to be able to submit your profile for review. In this case, please update the city field and resubmit your profile for review.

Once you submit your profile, it takes at least 24 to 48-hours for the process to complete and you will be notified via email about your account.

Thank you.

~ Aleksandar
Upwork

Wow, I feel like a total noob! My auto fill was covering an area that wasn't filled in!

Thanks for much for your help!

How do I know if my profile has been approved or not? Thanks!

Hi Lea, 

You should be able to start sending out proposals once your Upwork registration has been accepted. I checked your account, and I'm happy to confirm that your account registration has been accepted. 

I would recommend that you read up on these freelancer resources and these tips for avoiding questionable jobs, for help getting started, and for more information about working safely through Upwork. 

Good luck!

~ Avery
Upwork

How can I know that my profile is approved?

Hi Bansi, 

Your Upwork profile registration has been approved. 

For help getting started, please read up on the freelancer resources for great tips and insights on how you can work successfully on the platform. For more information about working safely through Upwork, please read these tips for avoiding questionable jobs.

Good luck, and welcome to Upwork!

~ Avery
Upwork

Hi there, 

I submitted my profile for approval a few days ago... How long does it take to receive feedback?

Thanks in advance

Hi Sindee,

Just to confirm that your application haven't been submitted for a review. You will need to add your City as well and if you`re ready please go to the bottom of the page and click on Review Application.
If you`re directed back to the same page, please try clearing your cache and cookies or logging in with another browser. Thank you.

~ Goran
Upwork

Hello,

I wanna know if my profile is approved ? I did not get any response since my subscribtion ?

Thank you,

BojanS
Community Manager
Community Manager

Hi Walid,

Your profile was accepted. Please check this help article for more information about how to achieve a 100% complete profile and make sure you check resources in this post to help you get started.

Thank you.

~ Bojan
Upwork

Hi,

Is there a way to check if my profile has been approved? I didn't see any notification that says if my profile was under review or was approved. Many thanks.

You need time. If you are an expert then up work is the right place for you. You will be notified for an ID verification and also a video call verification from the up work team. If your profile get verified then you will be given a verified badge "an arrow mark" beside your name in Up work. 

AveryO
Community Manager
Community Manager

Hi Philippe, 

I would like to confirm that your account registration has been accepted. 

I would recommend that you read up on these freelancer resources and these tips for avoiding questionable jobs, for help getting started, and for more information about working safely through Upwork. 

Welcome to Upwork, and good luck!

~ Avery
Upwork
h_anahit
Community Member

Hey. How can I know that my upwork profile is approved! Should I get any notification? Thank you.

Hi Anahit,

Your account is approved as well, thank you.

~ Goran
Upwork

how can i know if my upwork was approved?

Hi Michael,

Your profile was accepted! For help getting started check out this Community Post.

~Andrea
Upwork

Hi,

I'd like to know how to confirm if my profile has been approved? What do I need to look for?

AveryO
Community Manager
Community Manager

Hi Ramon, 

It looks like your Upwork registration has been accepted for some time now. 

For help getting started, please read up on the freelancer resources for great tips and insights on how you can work successfully on the platform. For more information about working safely through Upwork, please read these tips for avoiding questionable jobs.

I hope this helps. Good luck!

~ Avery
Upwork
cruzrb
Community Member

This is great news! Thank you for the quick response and for the resource links, Avery. 🙂

khanzzyyy
Community Member

hello i am new user i just created my profile and im getting congratulions from upwork. does it mean that my profile is approved. can you please check

Latest Articles
Featured Topics
Learning Paths