🐈
» Forums » New to Upwork » Re: Has my account been approved
Page options
strategizebiz
Community Member

How can I know that my profile is approved?

Hello,

1. I would like to know if my profile has been aprroved....?
  2. Can you not have a status marker in the profile information so new users know whether or not they have been approved?

Thx,

Melissa

ACCEPTED SOLUTION
AndreaG

Hi all,

This thread has been closed from further replies due to its size. Please know that you can check if your profile has been approved on your end by trying to submit a proposal. If you’re able to submit proposals, it means your profile was approved! 

We appreciate your participation in the Community and welcome you to continue the conversation here.

Thank you!

~Andrea
Upwork

View solution in original post

8,614 REPLIES 8,614

Hi. I want to ask you how can I know if my Upwork profile is approved?
BojanS
Community Manager
Community Manager

Hi Veronika,

Yes, your profile was accepted, feel free to start bidding on projects. Please, check out these threads Getting Started on Upwork and Hiring Headquarters. There you’ll find some excellent articles and learn more about Upwork. 

Thank you!

~ Bojan
Upwork

Hi, how will I know if my profile has been verified? Cause I didn't receive any notifications. Thanks!

Hi Cherry, 

I can confirm that your account registration has already been accepted. 

I highly recommend that you read up on the freelancer resources we have compiled, for great tips and insights on how you can work successfully on the platform. Please don’t forget to read the Safety First! section of the resources, and these tips for avoiding questionable jobs for more information about working safely through Upwork.

Good luck, and welcome to Upwork!

~ Avery
Upwork

how do i know that my upwork account is approved?

Is it give me email notification ? Because there was not any inforamton show in my profile that it was approve or not. Also not have any Available Connects

BojanS
Community Manager
Community Manager

Hi Ashish,

I checked and your account has already been accepted and you have already sent few proposals to jobs. Please, make sure you check resources in this post to help you get started.

This can vary based on your location, but all Upwork users will be able to purchase Connects with a credit card or prepaid card. If you aren’t able to use a credit card or prepaid card or you don’t have an Upwork balance, in many cases you’ll be able to use PayPal. Check the options available to you and learn more about acceptable billing methods for paying memberships.

Thank you.

~ Bojan
Upwork

Hi there,

I created a profile about a week or two ago, and then again sent it in for review a few days ago, but in both instances I've received no communication from Upwork as to whether it'll be approved or not, and anytime I go on the Upwork site, I'm redirected to the Create A Profile page. Is someone able to assist me with this issue?

Thank you,

Michelle

Hi Michelle, 

I checked your account and I can see that you are yet to submit your profile for review. You need to click the review application button to make sure you did not miss any section of the profile creation process. Any portion that is highlighted in red needs to be filled in. Please review your application and update the missing fields to be able to submit your profile for review. In this case, please update the city field and resubmit your profile for review. 

Once you submit your profile, it takes at least 24 to 48-hours for the process to complete and you will be notified via email about your account.

~ Avery
Upwork

How do I know if my upwork account has been approved?

Hi Edgar,

Your profile is approved as well, thank you.

~ Goran
Upwork

Hi my name is Satenik Tovmasyan,I created my profile in the upwork on 13th of December but till today I didn't receive any email. I registered using **Edited for Community Guidelines**. mail address. Whenever I try to log in it shows "https://www.upwork.com/ab/create-profile/introduce-yourself/ " this page and asks to fill my city. I am not sure if my profile is even submitted for reviewing, so can you please check what's wrong with it?Regards,Satenik Tovmasyan

g_vasilevski
Retired Team Member
Retired Team Member

Hi Satenik,

Just to confirm that your application hasn't been submitted for a review. You will need to add your city and if you`re ready, please go to the bottom of the page and click on Review Application.
If you`re directed back to the same page, please try clearing your cache and cookies or logging in with another browser. Thank you.

~ Goran
Upwork

Hi there,

Hope you are well. May I know If my account has been approved.

Regards,
Ismail.

Hi Nuri,

Your profile was accepted, feel free to start submitting proposals for jobs that you find to suit your skills and experience.

Please, check out these threads Getting Started on Upwork and Hiring Headquarters. There you’ll find some excellent articles and learn more about Upwork. 

Thank you!

~ Bojan
Upwork

Hi Md Sarwar,

I checked and looks like your profile is still under review. Please note that it takes at least 24 to 48-hours for the process to complete and you will be notified via email about your account. Let us know if you need further assistance.

~ Nikola
Upwork

How can I identify if my account is approved or not?

BojanS
Community Manager
Community Manager

Hi Furqan,

I checked and your account has already been accepted and you have already sent a proposal to a job. Please, make sure you check resources in this post to help you get started.

Thank you!

~ Bojan
Upwork

Yes my account approved. sir

Hi Abdur, 

I checked your account and it looks like you are yet to fill-up your profile information. Kindly fill in your Upwork profile with the skills and experiences you wish to highlight on your profile. Once done, please click on the Review Application button to see if there are any issues with your application. Once submitted, the team may take 24- to 48-hours to review the account application. 

Review Application.png

~ Avery
Upwork

Hello,

I just want to know if my account has been approved. I did not receive any update about it. Additionally, how will I know if my profile is ready for use.

Thank you!

Hi Glenn, 

I checked your account and can confirm that your account registration has already been accepted. 

For help getting started, please read up on the freelancer resources for great tips and insights on how you can work successfully on the platform. For more information about working safely through Upwork, please read these tips for avoiding questionable jobs.

I hope this helps. Good luck, and welcome to Upwork!

~ Avery
Upwork
6b578c05
Community Member

Hi. I submitted my profile some days ago, probably 3 days now. I've not gotten any email to confirm my approval.
How do I know if my account has been approved. What's going on.

Hi Samuel,

Yes, your account has already been accepted. Welcome to Upwork!

You should be able to send proposals to jobs in the general marketplace. Please make sure to check the resources in this post to help you get started.

Thank you.

~ Aleksandar
Upwork

Hello, 
I created a profile on Upwork yesterday but I haven't received any confirmation email regarding the approval of my profile. Can you please let me know whether my profile has been approved or not, before I can proceed forward to use it?

Thank you.

Hi Aniket,

Your profile is approved and you can start sending proposals when you`re ready. Thank you.

~ Goran
Upwork

HOW DO I GET MY ID AND VIDEO VERIFICATION DONE TO GET PAID FOR MILESTONE 1

Hi Johndbeloved,

Just to confirm that your application hasn't been submitted for a review, if you`re ready please go to the bottom of the page and click on Review Application.
If you`re directed back to the same page, please try clearing your cache and cookies or logging in with another browser.

Regarding the ID verification badge, at the moment you don't have any pending verification. Once it's requested from you, our team will reach out to you with detailed instructions. Thank you.

~ Goran
Upwork

Hi there,
I created my Freelancer account on UpWork yesterday and got myself approved. And then I sent three proposals but none of them got accepted by the clients. Firstly, I thought I'm new on the platform so it's normal but then today I received an email from UpWork with the subject, "Congratulations, Talit. Your profile is now live!" You're all set up to submit proposals for the projects you're targetting. Now this means, yesterday when I was submitting proposals for three jobs (which cost me 12 connects) my profile was NOT EVEN LIVE. So my 12 connects just wasted. That's why I request UpWork Support to at least let new freelancer know that only submit proposals when your profile is live. And I request UpWork Support to return my 12 connects back to my account, It will be a great favour. Thanks!
Best Regards,
Talit M.

Hi Talit,

I checked and your account was accepted yesterday. The confirmation email is usually sent within 24 hours from the time the account gets accepted. 

I checked and can confirm that your proposals were successfully sent to clients. This you can check under your Proposals page or Connects History.

Please, make sure you check resources in this post to help you get started.

Thank you!

~ Bojan
Upwork

I want to know that whether my account is approved or not?I had recieved a message that your profile is live.

May I know whether my account is approved or not.

BojanS
Community Manager
Community Manager

Hi Prasad,

Yes, your profile was accepted, feel free to start submitting proposals for jobs that you find to suit your skills and experience.

Please, check out these threads Getting Started on Upwork and Hiring Headquarters. There you’ll find some excellent articles and learn more about Upwork. 

Thank you!

~ Bojan
Upwork

AveryO
Community Manager
Community Manager

Hi Hasan, 

I checked your account and I can see that you are yet to submit your profile for review. You need to click the review application button to make sure you did not miss any section of the profile creation process. Any portion that is highlighted in red needs to be filled in. Please review your application and update the missing fields to be able to submit your profile for review. In this case, please update the city field and resubmit your profile for review. 

Once you submit your profile, it takes at least 24 to 48-hours for the process to complete and you will be notified via email about your account.

~ Avery
Upwork
erayhasan
Community Member

I already did so REVIEW MY APPLICATION I already clicked on this button and
same page came please let me know so that after approval I can start work
on upwork.

Looking forward of your kind response
Best Regards
Hasan Eray

Hi Hasan,

Could you please try clearing your cache and cookies or logging in with another browser to submit your application? If you`re still directed back to the same page after this, let me know here and our team will assist you further. Thank you.

~ Goran
Upwork

Hello,

I've been trying (admittedly, rather passively) to become a part of the Upwork freelancer team for quite a few months now. Every time I log in, nothing seems to have changed. My profile is neither approved nor declined. 

Is this a normal procedure? Is something wrong with the profile itself? Would I get any notification if there was something wrong? 

Once again, the profile has not been approved for a few months and I'm really interested in the reasons behind it.

Any info is appreciated.

g_vasilevski
Retired Team Member
Retired Team Member

Hi Rokas,

Just to confirm that your application hasn't been submitted for a review. You will need to add your city in the "City" field and if you`re ready, please go to the bottom of the page and click on Review Application.
If you`re directed back to the same page, please try clearing your cache and cookies or logging in with another browser. Thank you.

~ Goran
Upwork

Thank you for your reply! I have tried everything you've said. Multiple times. I am always redirected to the same page, I enter the city name every time, and once redirected, the city name is no longer there. I always thought that this means that my profile has been sent for review. 

It is now clear that it isn't being posted for review, however, I have no idea how to do so, since I did clear everything and try different browsers.

Latest Articles
Featured Topics
Learning Paths