🐈
» Forums » New to Upwork » Re: Your profile has not yet been approved
Page options
strategizebiz
Community Member

How can I know that my profile is approved?

Hello,

1. I would like to know if my profile has been aprroved....?
  2. Can you not have a status marker in the profile information so new users know whether or not they have been approved?

Thx,

Melissa

ACCEPTED SOLUTION
AndreaG

Hi all,

This thread has been closed from further replies due to its size. Please know that you can check if your profile has been approved on your end by trying to submit a proposal. If you’re able to submit proposals, it means your profile was approved! 

We appreciate your participation in the Community and welcome you to continue the conversation here.

Thank you!

~Andrea
Upwork

View solution in original post

8,614 REPLIES 8,614
BojanS
Community Manager
Community Manager

Hi Sia,

Yes, your profile was accepted, feel free to start bidding on projects. You can also check out this thread Getting Started on Upwork and learn more about Upwork.

Please note that your profile must represent you as an individual and that all the information in your profile including your profile photo needs to be accurate, truthful and verifiable. Check this help article for more information on how to update your profile photo.

Thank you!

~ Bojan
Upwork

Hello,

I'd like to know if my profile has been approved. Hoping for your immediate response.

Thank you.

Hi Wedisa,

I checked and can confirm that your account was accepted. Welcome to Upwork!

For help getting started, please read up on the freelancer resources for great tips and insights on how you can work successfully on the platform. For more information about working safely through Upwork, please read these tips for avoiding questionable jobs.

I hope this helps, and good luck!

~ Aleksandar
Upwork

Hello, I received the email that my profile was approved and afterwards joined an agency as an exclusive freelancer.  However, I am unable to access the agency connects and see a zero balance when trying to submit a proposal.  When attempt to look at the connects balance at https://www.upwork.com/ab/plans/membership/connects-history, it shows my profile is not yet approved.  What is missing?

Hi Michael,

I checked your account and can confirm your profile was approved. Since you're an Agency Member, you'll need to discuss this with the Agency Owner as all Agency members draw from the common pool of Agency Connects. So the Agency Owner is the one who will need to purchase Connects for the Agency through their account.

Thanks!
~Andrea
Upwork

Hello,

I created my profile a while ago and got a notice that the marketplace didn't have space for my skillsets. I however went ahead to increase my skills, improved what I had and also learnt how to write a professional profile. I resubmitted an updated profile today after many months. 

I have not received an email of my approval but I realised I can submit proposals and I see my membership upgrade link to be active. Does this mean I am approved to work here? Also some resources to improve my success here will be quite helpful. However I have been following similar threads and I am reading some links shared to other members by the contributors.

Thank you.  

Hi Issah,

I checked and can confirm that your account was accepted. Welcome to Upwork!

Feel free to check out these resources we put together to help freelancers to get to a safe and successful start.

Let us know if you need further assistance.

Thank you.

~ Aleksandar
Upwork

Hi Aleksandar,

Thank you so much for the quick response. And thank you for the resources provided. I will look through them. 

Best regards,

~ Issah 

Hi I would like to know if my account is approved?

Hi Hurlon,

I checked your account, and I do not see any restrictions. As confirmed by our team, you can continue using it. You may want to check out the following links to help you improve your profile:

8+ Tips to Help You Create a Profile That Stands Out

Upwork Profiles: Why a Great Title and Overview Can Make a Difference

A How-To Guide for Your Perfect Profile Picture

Get Your Profile to the Next Level with an Intro Video

4 Ways to Create a More Successful Portfolio Regardless of Your Skill Set

Thank you.

~ Joanne
Upwork

Thanks Joana, yes will do the needful.

Your profile has not yet been approved

Once your profile has been approved you can view your default membership plan or upgrade your plan on this page.
BojanS
Community Manager
Community Manager

Hi Olena,

As an exclusive member of the agency, you won't be able to use your freelancer membership plan/connects. Exclusive agency members can only work on contracts under the agency.

You can find more information about it here.

Thank you.

~ Bojan
Upwork
19a936d6
Community Member

But why it is showing that my profile is not approved? or it is just because I am an exclusive member of egency? 

BojanS
Community Manager
Community Manager

Hi Olena,

I checked your account and it was accepted. The message you're referring to is showing only because you're an exclusive member of the agency. It is by design. 

Thank you.

~ Bojan
Upwork
nivanov
Community Member

Hello,

I have some problem. How i can solve this ?

g_vasilevski
Retired Team Member
Retired Team Member

Hi Nim,

Since you`re an exclusive member of your agency you can work only on projects under the agency.

If you would like to work as an independent freelancer as well, the agency owner will need to change your status to the non-exclusive member first. Thank you.

~ Goran
Upwork

Hi. I have the same problem that my profile has not yet been approved even though I provided detail information. Can you please help me check for that?

Hi Trung,

I checked your account and can see that you have recently submitted it for the team's review. Please allow up to 48 hours for the review to be complete. Once you are all set, you should be able to start bidding for jobs in the Upwork marketplace.

Thank you.

~ Aleksandar
Upwork

i have the same issue

Hi Ali,

Looks like you successfully submitted your profile for the review. The review process takes 24 hours from the time you submitted your profile for review. Once the process is complete, you will receive an email and a notification on your Upwork account to update you about your profile approval status. 

Thank you.

~ Bojan
Upwork
8180ffc1
Community Member

Hi,

Can you please check my profile? I am experiencing the same issue. 

Here is my profile link:

https://www.upwork.com/freelancers/~012189f6c444842a21

**Edited for Community Guidelines**

Hi Kashif,

As an exclusive member of the agency, you won't be able to use your freelancer membership plan/connects. Exclusive agency members can only work on contracts under Agency. For more information please check out this help article.

Thank you.

~ Aleksandar
Upwork

Your profile has not yet been approved.

I have the same problem.

but not yet approve.

Please help me with my account to be approved.

Thank you for reaching out to us, Shashko.

One of our team members will reach out to you directly via a support ticket to assist you with your account status. 

~ Bojan
Upwork

Hi, Bojan.

Thank you for your effort and response.

jahnight
Community Member

Hi. I have the same problem that my profile has not yet been approved. Can you please help me check for that?

Hi Jasmine,

I checked and it looks like your account has already been accepted. You should be able to send proposals to jobs on the general marketplace. Please make sure you check resources in this post to help you get started. 

Thank you.

~ Aleksandar
Upwork

Hi
I want to know if my profile is ready to accept orders.

My first client has tried to pay but his paypal payment does not work.

David

Hi David,

Yes your profile is approved, thank you.

~ Goran
Upwork

BojanS
Community Manager
Community Manager

Hi Usama,

I checked and it looks like your account has been accepted. You should be able to send proposals to jobs on the general marketplace. Please, make sure you check resources in this post to help you get started.

Thank you!

~ Bojan
Upwork

Please check my profile and let me know is my profile is approved?

Hi Bappon,

Yes, your profile was accepted, feel free to start submitting proposals for jobs that you find to suit your skills and experience.

Please, check out these threads Getting Started on Upwork and Hiring Headquarters. There you’ll find some excellent articles and learn more about Upwork. 

Thank you!

~ Bojan
Upwork

How can i know my profile is verified or not?
BojanS
Community Manager
Community Manager

Hi Nusfii,

Your profile was accepted, feel free to start bidding on projects. You can also check out this thread Getting Started on Upwork and learn more about Upwork.

Thank you!

~ Bojan
Upwork

Hi. I want to know  whether my profile is approved or not?

Hi Musharraf,

Your profile is accepted. Please check this help article for more information about how to achieve a 100% complete profile and make sure you check resources in this post to help you get started.

Thank you.

~ Bojan
Upwork

Hi there, would you or someone be able to check if mine has been approved? I didn't get an email confirmation or anything.

Kind regards,
Coding F

BojanS
Community Manager
Community Manager

Hi Coding,

I checked and it looks like your account has already been accepted. You should be able to send proposals to jobs on the general marketplace. Please, make sure you check resources in this post to help you get started.

Thank you!

~ Bojan
Upwork
Latest Articles
Featured Topics
Learning Paths