🐈
» Forums » New to Upwork » Re: How can i know if my account has been app...
Page options
strategizebiz
Community Member

How can I know that my profile is approved?

Hello,

1. I would like to know if my profile has been aprroved....?
  2. Can you not have a status marker in the profile information so new users know whether or not they have been approved?

Thx,

Melissa

ACCEPTED SOLUTION
AndreaG

Hi all,

This thread has been closed from further replies due to its size. Please know that you can check if your profile has been approved on your end by trying to submit a proposal. If you’re able to submit proposals, it means your profile was approved! 

We appreciate your participation in the Community and welcome you to continue the conversation here.

Thank you!

~Andrea
Upwork

View solution in original post

8,614 REPLIES 8,614
869af712
Community Member

Thank you. How long does it take for certification verification? Will we
get a confirmation for that?
BojanS
Community Manager
Community Manager

Hi Rendell,

I can see that you already submitted your request for the certification verification. Please allow time for this process to be completed and once our team have more information they will reach out to you with an update. 

Thank you for your patience!

~ Bojan
Upwork

Is my profile approved?

Hi Maryana,

Your profile is approved and you can start sending proposals once you`re ready. Thank you.

~ Goran
Upwork

Hi, i'm having problems with my profile review. It's a new profile and it needs to be accepted, i tried several times fullfilling all the spaces and the system just says "We're sorry, but something went wrong. Please try again or contact support" I tried to delete the cache and tried with another browser and i got the same results. The only things that i have to fullfill whenever I retry the profile creation procedure are the adress, city and postal code spaces.

Hi Massimiliano,

We'll have one of our agents reach out to you via a support ticket to assist you with submitting your application form for the review. 

Thank you for reaching out to us. 

~ Bojan
Upwork

I have previously been informed that my profile couldn't be approved for no real reason, so after updating it 20 times to meet all of the guidelines you provided to no avail, I gave up and left it. However I recently received an email from you claiming:

"Action needed: Your profile is no longer appearing in client searches

To improve clients' search results, and show them more freelancers who are available, we have changed your profile to "private" until you are ready to start taking on new jobs.The next time you log into Upwork, your profile will again become public."

Does this mean my profile has been approved and public up until this point then?

Liam, I don’t work for Upwork so I can’t confirm your profile was approved but I can see it so it sure looks public to me.

Liam S wrote:

I have previously been informed that my profile couldn't be approved for no real reason, so after updating it 20 times to meet all of the guidelines you provided to no avail, I gave up and left it. However I recently received an email from you claiming:

"Action needed: Your profile is no longer appearing in client searches

To improve clients' search results, and show them more freelancers who are available, we have changed your profile to "private" until you are ready to start taking on new jobs.The next time you log into Upwork, your profile will again become public."

Does this mean my profile has been approved and public up until this point then?

I can see your profile so it is now public.  The message from Upwork means if you want your profile to show up in client search results, you need to email customer service and they will set your profile back to public.  It was set to private because you hadn't earned money on the platform in the last 30 days.  

To prevent this from happening again, you will need to win jobs or pay for the freelancer plus option ($14.99).  Otherwise, just send the email and they set it to public.  

Good luck!

Hi Liam,

I checked and it looks like your account has already been accepted. You should be able to send proposals to jobs on the general marketplace. Please, make sure you check resources in this post to help you get started.

Thank you!

~ Bojan
Upwork

Hello!

I need some help getting my profile approved. I'm new to Upwork and I created and completed the profile 2 weeks ago but haven't been approved yet. I don't know what's missing and I've run out of connects to make proposals. Can you help me?

This is my profile: https://www.upwork.com/o/profiles/users/~01c9a250214786dc72/

Hi Eduardo,

I checked and your account has already been accepted. Please, make sure to check out this thread Getting Started on Upwork and learn more about Upwork.

Thank you!

~ Bojan
Upwork

Hi pls do check if my account has been approved. I didnt get any notification though. Thanks

Hi Karen,

I checked and can confirm that your account was accepted. Welcome to Upwork!

For help getting started, please read up on the freelancer resources for great tips and insights on how you can work successfully on the platform. For more information about working safely through Upwork, please read these tips for avoiding questionable jobs.

I hope this helps, and good luck!

~ Aleksandar
Upwork

Hey there, Aleksandar. I would like to ask if my profile has been approved also? Please let me know. Thanks so much.

I just want to verify if my profile has been approved or rejected.
Please have a look and let me know.

Hi Celeste,

For help getting started, please read up on the freelancer resources for great tips and insights on how you can work successfully on the platform. For more information about working safely through Upwork, please read these tips for avoiding questionable jobs.

~ Aleksandar
Upwork

Hello i want my profile to be approved . Can you please do this ?

Hi George,

I checked your account, and it looks like you just submitted your profile for review. Profile reviews may take up to 24 hours to complete. Once the review is complete, you will be notified to update you on the status of your profile approval. Thank you!

~ Joanne
Upwork

Hello
May i know if my profile is approved or not. I cant edit my profile nor can i see it other than my picture.
AveryO
Community Manager
Community Manager

Hi Tahira, 

I have checked this with the team and they have confirmed that your profile is already approved. Seeing as you are new here, I would suggest that you visit these freelancer resources we have compiled for great tips and insights on how you can work successfully on the platform. For more information about working safely through Upwork, please read these tips for avoiding questionable jobs.

~ Avery
Upwork

Hi - same question - may I know if my profile is approved?

Hi Pranjal,

~ Aleksandar
Upwork

Hello,
Hope you are all doing well.
I can not understand if my account is approved or not. I submitted my profile for approval but did not get any notification or mail regarding approval. Also I can not see any message regarding the re submission or non-approved status of my profile as it used to show. So I want to know if my profile is approved?
Please help and thank you very much

Hi Malaika,

I checked, and I can confirm that your account has already been approved. Please read the freelancer resources and these tips for avoiding questionable jobs, to help you get started, and for more information about working safely through Upwork. Thanks!

~ Joanne
Upwork

hello i want to know that is my account is approved or not

Hi Aftab,

Yes, your profile was accepted, feel free to start submitting proposals for jobs that you find to suit your skills and experience.

Please, check out these threads Getting Started on Upwork and Hiring Headquarters. There you’ll find some excellent articles and learn more about Upwork. 

Thank you!

~ Bojan
Upwork

hello and thanks i have another issue my id card has single name not last
name or second name what should i do for this as when i made my account two
names were necessary so i put my second name as hamiya please help me in
this

Hi Aftab,

You can use a formal salutation as your First Name, you can use "Mr." For the Last Name, you can use "Aftab" so that your profile name reads "Mr. Aftab."

Please check this help article for more information on how to update your profile name.

Thank you.

~ Bojan
Upwork

hi, i wanted to ask that is my account activated? should start working on Upwork by sending proposals?

Hi Zulfiqar,

Yes your profile is approved and you can start sending proposals once you`re ready. Thank you.

~ Goran
Upwork

Hi

Can you please help me check if my profile has been approved?

Hi Saif,

Your profile is approved as well, thank you.

~ Goran
Upwork

Hello,

How can i know if my account has been approved or not?

Thanks

Hi Samantha, 

I'm happy to confirm that your account registration is accepted. 

Welcome to Upwork!

~ Avery
Upwork

Hello.

First of all, sorry if this is not the right place to post about this issue, if I should have posted in a different category, please let me know.

So I joined Upwork yesterday, and it's been more than 24 hours and I haven't gotten the email that's supposed to inform me if my application has been approved or not. Yet, ..

When I log into Upwork I see a message : "Congrats ! You're now part of Upwork.." and tips on how to get started working. I am receiving tips by email as well. I can see projects and am able to see the "submit proposal" buttons as well. So I am confused if this means that I was approved, but somehow the email somehow did not get sent ..? Or does everyone get this even before approval ..?

Thank you so much for your help, in advance. 

BojanS
Community Manager
Community Manager

Hi Zineb,

Yes, your profile was accepted, feel free to start submitting proposals for jobs that you find to suit your skills and experience. Please, check out these threads Getting Started on Upwork and Hiring Headquarters. There you’ll find some excellent articles and learn more about Upwork. 

Thank you!

~ Bojan
Upwork
tsitra
Community Member

Thanks !

d7b4636d
Community Member

Hi Team, I am confused regarding my account,how would I know about my account is it apporved?

Hi Hitesh,

Yes your profile is approved as well and you can start sending proposals once you`re ready. Thank you.

~ Goran
Upwork
Latest Articles
Featured Topics
Learning Paths