🐈
» Forums » New to Upwork » Re: Despite sending job proposal, why my prof...
Page options
strategizebiz
Community Member

How can I know that my profile is approved?

Hello,

1. I would like to know if my profile has been aprroved....?
  2. Can you not have a status marker in the profile information so new users know whether or not they have been approved?

Thx,

Melissa

ACCEPTED SOLUTION
AndreaG

Hi all,

This thread has been closed from further replies due to its size. Please know that you can check if your profile has been approved on your end by trying to submit a proposal. If you’re able to submit proposals, it means your profile was approved! 

We appreciate your participation in the Community and welcome you to continue the conversation here.

Thank you!

~Andrea
Upwork

View solution in original post

8,614 REPLIES 8,614

Hi 
i just created my account , and i want to know if i should wait for an email of account validation befor start working ?
thank you

Hi Ouha,

Yes, your profile was accepted, feel free to start bidding on projects. You can also check out this thread Getting Started on Upwork and learn more about Upwork.

Thank you!

~ Bojan
Upwork

thank you 

Hi. I'm new to here. I'll really appreciate if someone can check if my account is approved so I can get to work. There is a congratulations message on my profile stating I'm now part of Upwork but I didn't receive any email to that effect. So I'm a little bit confused since I read I should. Any help will be highly appreciated. Thanks

Hi Dayo,

Your profile was accepted, feel free to start bidding on projects. Please, check out these threads Getting Started on Upwork and Hiring Headquarters. There you’ll find some excellent articles and learn more about Upwork. 

Thank you!

~ Bojan
Upwork

I guess there should be a mark on my name to show I have been approved but no mark yet and I have completed my profile.

It took around a day before I was aware I had been approved. You should get an email from them if you've been approved. Try checking that to make sure.

Nevermind, you've been approved. I can see your account

Also, I'm so happy to see another Nigerian freelancer! I lived in Ogun State, Nigeria for 2 years while attending secondary school.

Hi Alexis,

It's good to be here too, I'm presently in Ogun too..

The rule says:

"If you are a new freelancer and don't earn money on Upwork within 90 days of your first proposal, or you choose not to submit a proposal within your first 90 days, your profile will also change to private."

I recently, before 6 days on 14-May, have submitted a job proposal which is within first 90 days of making my profile public.

My profile was set to private this morning. If anyone can explain why?

Hi Manraj,

I’ve reset your profile visibility back to public. Just so that you are aware, profiles of freelancers with a history of earnings on the platform will remain public unless they have not earned in more than 2 years. Profiles of new freelancers who haven’t earned on Upwork will be set to private after 90 days.To avoid this, you can resume earnings on a new contract or upgrade your membership to the Plus plan. You can check out more info about this here. Thank you.

~ Goran
Upwork

Thank you Goran for the promt help.

I am not sure if my Upwork account is approved. How could I check that or it would be good if one of the moderators could check for me? Thx in advance.

BojanS
Community Manager
Community Manager

Hi Pavao,

I checked and it looks like your account has already been accepted. You should be able to send proposals to jobs in the general marketplace. Please make sure to check the resources in this post to help you get started.

Thank you!

~ Bojan
Upwork

Is my profile is approved?

Hi Prashant,

Yes, your profile was accepted, feel free to start bidding on projects. Please, check out these threads Getting Started on Upwork and Hiring Headquarters. There you’ll find some excellent articles and learn more about Upwork. 

Thank you!

~ Bojan
Upwork

Hi,

I did not receive any email that my account is Live already, can you please verify on your end that it is indeed a live account?

Thanks for the assistance!

Hi Ebeth,

I checked your account, and it looks like you have already submitted proposals. This means that your account is active. Please let us know that if you need any assistance. Thanks!

~ Joanne
Upwork

Hi There! 

I would like to inform you that I have been trying to get my profile approved for many times. I now have a client that wants to employ me via Upwork but cannot do so because it states that; "This freelancer is not available for invitations and offers." Please help me with my concern. I hope to hear from you soon. 

Thank you, 

Jessy

petra_r
Community Member

Jessan R wrote:

I would like to inform you that I have been trying to get my profile approved for many times. I now have a client that wants to employ me via Upwork but cannot do so because it states that; "This freelancer is not available for invitations and offers." Please help me with my concern. I hope to hear from you soon. 

that is because your profile is not approved. Your "client" can use the "bring my own freelancer" function and hire you that way, but that will allow you to work with that client only. It will not change the fact that your profile has been rejected and that you are not able to work with any other client.

BojanS
Community Manager
Community Manager

Hi Jessan,

It looks like your application was accepted just recently. You can ask your client to try again to hire you. 

Please, make sure you check resources in this post to help you get started.

Thank you!

~ Bojan
Upwork

Hello all,

Can you please check my account approve or not?

Hi Nikhil,

Yes your profile is approved and you can start sending proposals once you`re ready. Thank you.

~ Goran
Upwork

Thanks for your support.

can i know if my profile is approve?

BojanS
Community Manager
Community Manager

Hi Billy Joe,

I checked and your account has already been accepted and you have already sent few proposals to jobs. Please, make sure you check resources in this post to help you get started.

Thank you!

~ Bojan
Upwork

Is my account is approved?

Hi Mehedi,

I checked and it looks like your account has already been accepted. You should be able to send proposals to jobs in the general marketplace. Please make sure to check the resources in this post to help you get started.

Thank you!

~ Bojan
Upwork

Hello! I am not sure if my profile has been approved. I did not get any email. Thank you very much!

Hi Kesh Allysa,

Yes, your profile was accepted, feel free to start bidding on projects. Please check out these threads Getting Started on Upwork and Hiring Headquarters. There you’ll find some excellent articles and learn more about Upwork. 

Thank you!

~ Bojan
Upwork

Hi there,

Good day! I'm  new to upwork and I would like to know if my profile is approve or not because I did not receive any email confirmation.

Thanks.

Hi, I'm wondering if my profile is already approved. I have not received a notification email yet or approval but I do received a congratulatory message in my profile message saying I am now a part of upwork. I hope someone could enlighten me. Thank you so much.

Hi Mae Ann,

I checked and it looks like your account has already been accepted. You should be able to send proposals to jobs on the general marketplace. Please make sure you check resources in this post to help you get started.

Thank you.

~ Aleksandar
Upwork

Hello is my profile is approved or not, How can I check or verify from Upwork?

Hi Sagar,

I checked and can confirm that your account was accepted. Welcome to Upwork!

Feel free to check out these resources we put together to help freelancers to get to a safe and successful start.

Thank you.

~ Aleksandar
Upwork

I am new to upwork and I want to check if my profile is approved or not

Hi Talha,

Yes, your profile was accepted as well. Welcome to Upwork!

For help getting started, please read up on the freelancer resources for great tips and insights on how you can work successfully on the platform. For more information about working safely through Upwork, please read these tips for avoiding questionable jobs.

I hope this helps, and good luck!

~ Aleksandar
Upwork

Hello, May i know my account is approved no or not as i didnt got any confirmation mail

Hi Danbell and Agamya,

I checked, and I can confirm that your profile has been accepted. You can find more useful information and advice on the freelancer resources we have compiled here to help you get started on Upwork. If you have any questions, please feel free to reach out. We're here to help. Thanks!

~ Joanne
Upwork
blotzki
Community Member

Thanks Smiley Happy

Latest Articles
Featured Topics
Learning Paths