🐈
» Forums » New to Upwork » Re: How can I know that my profile is approve...
Page options
strategizebiz
Community Member

How can I know that my profile is approved?

Hello,

1. I would like to know if my profile has been aprroved....?
  2. Can you not have a status marker in the profile information so new users know whether or not they have been approved?

Thx,

Melissa

ACCEPTED SOLUTION
AndreaG

Hi all,

This thread has been closed from further replies due to its size. Please know that you can check if your profile has been approved on your end by trying to submit a proposal. If you’re able to submit proposals, it means your profile was approved! 

We appreciate your participation in the Community and welcome you to continue the conversation here.

Thank you!

~Andrea
Upwork

View solution in original post

8,614 REPLIES 8,614

Hey Goran,

Can you please tell me that my profile is approved or not? As I'm not able to see any status on top and haven't received any mail yet!

wesdavis
Community Member

My profile says I have not been approved yet but does not say if it has been submitted for approval, or what further information is needed.

Can I get a status check please?

AveryO
Community Manager
Community Manager

Hi Wesley, 

It looks like the team reached out to you in 2015 with more information on why your profile registration was rejected at that time. I would recommend uploading a headshot photo of yourself and updating your profile title to clearly describe your skills and experience. 

Here's a great guide for a perfect profile picture. This is also a great resource for tips on how to create a profile that stands out. Once you've edited your profile, please resubmit it for the team's review.

~ Avery
Upwork
wesdavis
Community Member

How do you “re-submit” the profile for review?

Hi Wesley,

One of our team members will reach out to you directly via a support ticket to assist you further with your account. Please note that a copy of the ticket will arrive in your email as well from where you can continue the correspondence with our team.

Thank you.

~ Aleksandar
Upwork

Hi, everyone! I'd like to know if my profile was approved as I didn't receive any confimation email. Thanks!

Hi Agnes, 

It looks like you registered years ago, and there are currently no restrictions on your account. You should be able to start sending proposals to jobs that you know you can complete successfully. You may want to check out these resources we have compiled for great tips and insights on how you can work successfully on the platform. For more information about working safely through Upwork, please read these tips for avoiding questionable jobs.

Good luck!

~ Avery
Upwork

Hi,

I want to know if my profile is approved since there is no top banner on my feed both on the web and mobile apps right now.

Thanks.

Hi Satrio,

Yes your profile is approved, thank you.

~ Goran
Upwork

Hi, can you please check my profile also if it is approved? Thank you!

BojanS
Community Manager
Community Manager

Hi Chinh,

Your account has been accepted. You should be able to send proposals to jobs in the general marketplace. Please make sure to check the resources in this post to help you get started.

~ Bojan
Upwork

Hi, Please tell me about my profile. Its approved or not?

Hi Waleed,

Yes, your profile was accepted, feel free to start bidding on projects. Please check out these threads Getting Started on Upwork and Resource Corner. There you’ll find some excellent articles and learn more about Upwork. 

~ Bojan
Upwork
ff57406d
Community Member

I got my answer thanks

5fa39aa3
Community Member

Hello, i would like to know if my account is approve. i didn't recieve any email or confirmation that my account approved.

BojanS
Community Manager
Community Manager

Hi Diamond,

Looks like you successfully submitted your profile for the review just recently. The review process takes 24 hours from the time you submitted your profile for review. Once the process is complete, you will receive an email and a notification in your Upwork account with an update about your profile registration.

~ Bojan
Upwork

Hi, 

I would like to know why my account is still not yet approved? What should be done to accomplish that? I can't buy connects and can't choose any membership plan. 

Hi Artem,

Just to confirm, you`re referring to your freelancer profile membership plan? If yes, since you`re an exclusive member of the agency you can only send proposals under the agency and use the connects of the agency.

In order to be able to send proposals as an independent freelancer, your status will need to be changed to a non-exclusive member. Thank you.

~ Goran
Upwork

Hi!  I'm wondering why my account has been marked as not accepted when it was approved a few weeks ago; I'm not getting any messages explaining what the problem is when I resubmit my profile.

Thanks!

Ivan

Hi,

Should I wait for my account to be approved before I purchase membership?

Filip

Hi Filip,

Your account was already accepted. Feel free to start bidding on projects and upgrade your membership plan. Please make sure you check resources in this post to help you get started.

~ Bojan
Upwork
_ace_ii
Community Member

Hello,

Please I would like to know if my profile has been approved.

khanzzyyy
Community Member

can you please tell is my profile is approved or not . thanks

BojanS
Community Manager
Community Manager

Hi Yousuf,

Yes, your profile was accepted, feel free to start submitting proposals for jobs that you find to suit your skills and experience. Please check out these threads Getting Started on Upwork and Resource Corner. There you’ll find some excellent topics and learn more about Upwork. 

~ Bojan
Upwork
74cd455b
Community Member

Hello Bojan,
Can you please check if my profile has been accepted. It has been more than two days since I have submitted my profile for review, but no reply has been received so far. 

Hi Roman, 

I can confirm your profile has been accepted and you should be able to send proposals to jobs now. Check out resources Vladimir put together in this post for some great tips on getting started on Upwork. 

~ Valeria
Upwork
ramshaa6
Community Member

uxyrather
Community Member

Ia m not sure if my profile is approved or not, is their any marker on website or app to know the status?

Hi Uzair and Goher,

Your profiles are approved as well, thank you.

~ Goran
Upwork

Thanks

Please, how do I know that my profile is approved?

**Edited for Community Guidelines**
MichaelJ
Community Manager
Community Manager

Hi Karina,

I reviewed your account and you have created a client account, rather than a freelancer account. To create a freelancer account, please follow these steps:

1. Go to Settings > My Info and enter your complete address.
  2. At the bottom of the My Info page, click on the green "Create New Account" button.
  3. In the pop-up, click "+ New Freelancer Account" and follow the steps to create your freelancer profile.

I hope this helps!

Cheers,
Mike

Can you please check if my profile has been accepted. Thank you.

Hi Batuhan,

Your profile is approved as well and you can start sending proposals once you`re ready. Thank you.

~ Goran
Upwork

Hi,

Can you please tell me, my account has been approved or not?

Hi Jon,

Your profile has been approved. Welcome to Upwork!

Cheers,
Mike

Is my profile approved?

Hi Abad,

I checked and it looks like your profile is approved.

~ Nikola
Upwork

Are you confirmed? I also received an email that your profile is live. What does that mean?

Hi Abad,

Yes, I can confirm that your profile was accepted, feel free to start submitting proposals for jobs that you find to suit your skills and experience. Please check out these threads Getting Started on Upwork and Resource Corner. There you’ll find some excellent topics and learn more about Upwork. 

~ Nikola
Upwork
Latest Articles
Featured Topics
Learning Paths