🐈
» Forums » New to Upwork » Re: How can I tell if my profile has been acc...
Page options
strategizebiz
Community Member

How can I know that my profile is approved?

Hello,

1. I would like to know if my profile has been aprroved....?
  2. Can you not have a status marker in the profile information so new users know whether or not they have been approved?

Thx,

Melissa

ACCEPTED SOLUTION
AndreaG

Hi all,

This thread has been closed from further replies due to its size. Please know that you can check if your profile has been approved on your end by trying to submit a proposal. If you’re able to submit proposals, it means your profile was approved! 

We appreciate your participation in the Community and welcome you to continue the conversation here.

Thank you!

~Andrea
Upwork

View solution in original post

8,614 REPLIES 8,614

Hi Marie,

Your account is accepted and you can start sending proposals when you`re ready. Thank you.

~ Goran
Upwork

Hi! Can you please check if my account is approved or not? I am not sure if my account has been approved. I haven't received a confirmation email, But in my upwork profile there was a notification that "Congratulations, you are now part of upwork" Can you please check it for me. Thank you so much!

Hi Framelene,

I checked, and I can confirm that your profile has been accepted. You can find more useful information and advice on the freelancer resources we have compiled here to help you get started on Upwork. If you have any questions, please feel free to reach out. We're here to help. Thanks!

~ Joanne
Upwork

Hello. How will I know if my upwork profile is approved? Thanks!

BojanS
Community Manager
Community Manager

Hi Vladimir,

Your profile was accepted and you have already selected a membership plan, feel free to start bidding on projects.

Please, check out these threads Getting Started on Upwork and Hiring Headquarters and find there some excellent articles and learn more about Upwork.

Thank you for reaching out to us.

~ Bojan
Upwork

Good morning,

I never have an email for profile approval.

I hope anyone can help me. 

Thank you

Best, 

Sianny

cassandra09
Community Member

New System of upwork, I've been making accounts in the last 3 months or so, upwork would never grant approvals and there reasons are marketplace are flooded with common type of skills or freelancers.

g_vasilevski
Retired Team Member
Retired Team Member

Hi Sianny,

Your profile is approved and you can start sending proposals when you`re ready. Thank you.

~ Goran
Upwork

Hello, 

I am newbie on this platform. I need some help regarding the status of my profile. It got disapproved at first. I submitted it again and I want to know whether my profile has been accepted or not.

Thanks in Advance!

Hi Saad,

I checked and it looks like your account has been accepted. Since you already selected a membership plan you should be able to send proposals to jobs on the general marketplace. Please, make sure you check resources in this post to help you get started.

~ Bojan
Upwork

Hi Bojan,

Thanks a lot for letting me know.

Hello, 

I believe I went through all the appropriate steps and procedures to get my profile up and running, but have yet to hear back from anybody about whether or not it has been approved to start work. It has been almost a week now since I set everything up. I was given an estimated turnaround time of approximately 24 hours.  

Please advise and let me know any steps I can take to expedite this process. Thank you for your time and attention. I look forward to the many possibilities on your platform. 

Cheers, 

John 

BojanS
Community Manager
Community Manager

Hi John,

Your profile was accepted and you have already selected a membership plan, feel free to start bidding on projects.

Please, check out these threads Getting Started on Upwork and Hiring Headquarters and find there some excellent articles and learn more about Upwork.

Thank you.

~ Bojan
Upwork
gibbsjohn
Community Member

Thank you for your prompt reply!

Best,
John

Hi, I just wanted to know that is there any way to check my account status either it is approved or still in review as i didn't get any email for approval.

Hi Waheed,

Yes your profile is approved and you can start sending proposals when you`re ready, thank you.

~ Goran
Upwork

I created account 7 days ago. And I still see "Create your profile" Page. Please help me.

Hi Ihar, 

You will need to submit your application for a review, if you`re ready please go to the bottom of the page and click on Review Application.
If you`re directed back to the same page please try clearing your cache and cookies or logging in with another browser. Thank you.

~ Goran
Upwork

Hello, I have resubmitted my profile for approval but haven't received any mail regarding acceptance or rejection of my application. Though I am able to submit proposal (I've submitted one). So just wanted to check if I am not doing any wrong?

Hi Ravi,

Yes your profile is approved, and you can continue sending proposals when you`re ready. Thank you.

~ Goran
Upwork

Thanks for your quick response Goran 🙂  Can you please suggest me some google articles to startwith. Thanks in advance.

Hi Ravi,

To learn more about getting started on Upwork check the recourses on this Thread, thank you.

~ Goran
Upwork

Hello,

I have waited over the 24hr period and have not heard back to see if my profile has been approved. Out of curiousity, I found I was able to submit a proposal. Does this mean my profile has been approved?

Thank you for your help,

BojanS
Community Manager
Community Manager

Hi Queenie,

Yes, your profile was accepted and you have already selected a membership plan, feel free to start bidding on projects.

Thank you.

~ Bojan
Upwork

Hi! Good day! How can I know if my profile is approved? Thanks!

Upwork will notify you. 

Hi Jocelyn,

Your profile is approved and you can start sending proposals when you`re ready, thank you.

~ Goran
Upwork

Hello,

I am new to upwork and I recently applied to be a freelancer.

However, it has been more than 24 hrs and I haven't received any communication on whether my account has been approved or denied. Am I doing anything wrong?

Regards,

Gerry.

Hi Syed and Gerry,

I checked and it looks like your accounts have been accepted. Please, choose one of our membership plans in order to be able to start bidding on projects. Make sure you check resources in this post to help you get started.

~ Bojan
Upwork

Hello people i am new on upwork i recently made profile and its been more than 24 hours and still looking for approval message any idea( is it a glitch or they take more time).

Thank you.

Hello, my profile has been under view for near 48 hours and no decision received yet. Is there something wrong with my profile or account? Thanks.

BojanS
Community Manager
Community Manager

Hi Leonidas and Boxi,

Your profiles were accepted. Please, choose one of our membership plans in order to be able to start bidding on projects. Also, check out these threads Getting Started on Upwork and Hiring Headquarters and find there some excellent articles and learn more about Upwork.

~ Bojan
Upwork

I am guessing this has been asked before but to be more spesific I am a bit confused about this waiting time on upwork. I did submit my profile more than 24 hrs ago but it still says "You should hear back within 24 hours...." 

It would be more clear if it said something like "within few days" then we wouldn't worry if we did something wrong for the processes we did.

Why?

Because people aren't perfect.

An imperfect person wrote that.

I think it represents more of a goal.

It is a noble goal.

It is NOT intended to be a "fact" or a "true average amount of time."

My concern is to be sure that there is nothing wrong on my side that cause this imperfection. Waiting few days is not a big deal if a person commited to work with upwork but that "unknown time period" makes unnecessary questions like the one i got now. It could be better represented by making that warning message without a time tip if it's not a fact to prevent this confusing. 

Hi Muzaffer,

I apologize for the delay. I'll go ahead and follow up with the team, once the process is complete, you will receive an email and a notification about your approval status. Thank you for reaching out to us.

~ Bojan
Upwork

Thank you Bojan,

Looking forward to see my profile is activated. 

It was "should" and not "will". There is a difference. 

My profile is still under review after 24 hours

Hi Arafat,

I'll follow up with the team about the status of your profile and they will have it updated as soon as possible. Thank you for your patience!

~ Bojan
Upwork
Latest Articles
Featured Topics
Learning Paths