🐈
» Forums » New to Upwork » Profile Conformation
Page options
strategizebiz
Community Member

How can I know that my profile is approved?

Hello,

1. I would like to know if my profile has been aprroved....?
  2. Can you not have a status marker in the profile information so new users know whether or not they have been approved?

Thx,

Melissa

ACCEPTED SOLUTION
AndreaG

Hi all,

This thread has been closed from further replies due to its size. Please know that you can check if your profile has been approved on your end by trying to submit a proposal. If you’re able to submit proposals, it means your profile was approved! 

We appreciate your participation in the Community and welcome you to continue the conversation here.

Thank you!

~Andrea
Upwork

View solution in original post

8,614 REPLIES 8,614

Hello Charith,

I see that your account is already accepted. Please read up on the freelancer resources for great tips and insights on how you can work successfully on the platform. For more information about working safely through Upwork, please read these tips for avoiding questionable jobs.

Thank you.

Pradeep

Upwork

Can you please check if my profile is approved or not

Hello Shrestha,

I checked and it looks like your account has already been accepted. You should be able to send proposals to jobs on the general marketplace. Please make sure you check the resources in this post to help you get started.

Thank you.

Pradeep.

Upwork

How will I know if my profile has been approved?

Hi CJ,

Looking at my inbox from 2019, you should receive an email from verify@upwork.com

The subject will look like this

Your ID has been verified, and now you're good to go!

And the body like this

Congratulations! Your identification has been reviewed and accepted.

Thanks for helping us maintain a trusted workplace for all.

This portion of your account review is now complete. If there are additional issues being reviewed, the appropriate team has been notified that your documents have been accepted. If no other reviews are needed, you can now submit proposals. If you need tips on getting started, check out A Freelancer's Guide to Upwork.

Hi CJ,

I checked and can confirm that your profile has been approved. You may now start submitting proposals to jobs you're interested in. Please also check this post and the freelancer resources to help you get started on Upwork. 

~ Joanne
Upwork

Hi,

I have already submitted my Upwork profile hours ago today, however im not sure how to verify if my account is already approved or denied. Is there a certain number of days I need to wait to receive an approval.

Thank you!

Hi Edmar,

I checked and can confirm that your account was accepted. Welcome to Upwork!

For help getting started, please read up on the freelancer resources for great tips and insights on how you can work successfully on the platform. For more information about working safely through Upwork, please read these tips for avoiding questionable jobs.

I hope this helps, and good luck!

~ Aleksandar
Upwork

Hi Alexandar,

Sorry im a newbie here... When you say my profile is already accepted does it mean i'm already approved and I can now start looking for jobs here?

Thank you!

Hi Edmar, 

Yes, that is correct. Feel free to start sending proposals once you're ready. Thank you.

~ Goran
Upwork

Hello, I am new to upwork. I would like to know whether my profile is approved?

Thank you in advance

Hi Marija,

I checked and it looks like your account has already been accepted. You should be able to send proposals to jobs on the general marketplace. Please make sure you check the resources in this post to help you get started.

Thank you.

~ Aleksandar
Upwork

Thank you Aleksandar 😊

Hi all,

if anyone can answer how do I find my profile is approved or not.? 
Also when I click on proposal submit of any open job I get a pop-up error that page is not working. Can someone tell me why I am seeing this error and how can I fix it? I will be so grateful to you.

Best Regards,

Asma 

Hi Asma,

I checked and can confirm that your account was already approved. 

It looks like you set yourself to be an exclusive member of your agency. As an exclusive member, you can only use the agency's membership plan and you have no Connects there or the Agency Plus membership that would allow you to buy Connects in the first place.

Right now, when you try to submit proposals, it's only letting you submit as an agency member. You need to upgrade your agency membership following the steps in the article I shared or switch your status from Exclusive to Non-Exclusive. If you switch the status, you can choose if you want to submit a proposal as an agency freelancer or not. 

To update your status, switch to your agency profile and go to Settings > Members & Permissions. On the page, you should be able to see a link saying 'Exclusive'. Click on it and a popup will open. From there, you can update the status by selecting 'Non-Exclusive'.

Additionally, one of our agents will reach out to you directly via a support ticket in order to investigate the page that's not working.

Thank you.

~ Aleksandar
Upwork

Hi,

May I know if my profile is approved or not?

Thank you

Hi Rizhele,

Your profile is approved and you can start sending proposals once you're ready. Thank you.

~ Goran
Upwork

Hi,My profile has been under review since 48 hours and didn't get notification about profile approval or declined.
Please help me to know.

Hi Piyush,

I checked and your profile was already accepted. Welcome to Upwork!

For help getting started, please read up on the freelancer resources for great tips and insights on how you can work successfully on the platform. For more information about working safely through Upwork, please read these tips for avoiding questionable jobs.

~ Aleksandar
Upwork

Thank You @Aleksandar D

How can I be sure if my Upwork account has been approved?

Hi Zakir,

Thank you.

~ Aleksandar
Upwork

**Edited for Community Guidelines**

Hi Monika!

I checked and can confirm that your account was accepted. Welcome to Upwork!

For help getting started, please read up on the freelancer resources for great tips and insights on how you can work successfully on the platform. For more information about working safely through Upwork, please read these tips for avoiding questionable jobs.

~Andrea
Upwork

Hello There! 
How can I know whether my profile has been accepted or not? There is nothing that is displayed on the front neither have I received any specific email. 

Hi Ahtasham,

I checked and can confirm that your account is approved. Welcome to Upwork! You may want to check this help article to help you get started on Upwork as a freelancer. You can find more articles on this page

Thank you.

~ Aleksandar
Upwork

Hi Upwork Team,

May I know the status of my account? If it has been approved or declined since I haven't received any email yet.

Thank you.

Regards,

Alfriel

Hi Abrylle,

Your profile is approved and you can start sending proposals once you're ready, thank you.

~ Goran
Upwork

Thank you!

Hi, I am new to this platform.

I signed up last month but I haven't received any confirmation if my account is successfully approved.

My profile is 100% complete and also gained a rising talent badge.

I also cannot see the Identity Verification in my settings.

Hi Angelica,

I checked and can confirm that your account is approved. Welcome to Upwork and congratulations on receiving Rising Talent status! You may want to check these tutorials to help you get started: 

Also, I checked and it doesn't look like you are required to complete any verification process at the moment. Only earning freelancers are eligible/required to earn the “Identity Verified” badge. If you become eligible/required, we will notify you when you log into your Upwork account.

~ Nikola
Upwork

Hello, May i know my account is approved no or not

Hi Saurabh,

Yes your profile is approved and you can start sending proposals once you're ready. Thank you.

~ Goran
Upwork

I want to know wheter my profile is approved or not

Hi Mohsin,

Yes your profile is approved as well, thank you.

~ Goran
Upwork

Hi,

I still have not received any e-mail about an approval to my freelancer account.

Hi Shaquille,

Your profile is approved. To learn more about getting started on Upwork, check out our resources Here. Thank you.

~ Goran
Upwork

Hello Sumit, thank you for sharing! Although that's not what it says on the support page, can you please share how can I get my profile approved? 

Hi Sherilyn,

Your profile is approved and you can start sending proposals once you're ready. Thank you.

~ Goran
Upwork

I used almost all of my connects in submiting proposals and I haven't received any messages after that. Help me to figure out my mistake. Is my profile approved?

Latest Articles
Featured Topics
Learning Paths