🐈
» Forums » New to Upwork » How can I know that my profile is approved?
Page options
strategizebiz
Community Member

How can I know that my profile is approved?

Hello,

1. I would like to know if my profile has been aprroved....?
  2. Can you not have a status marker in the profile information so new users know whether or not they have been approved?

Thx,

Melissa

ACCEPTED SOLUTION
AndreaG

Hi all,

This thread has been closed from further replies due to its size. Please know that you can check if your profile has been approved on your end by trying to submit a proposal. If you’re able to submit proposals, it means your profile was approved! 

We appreciate your participation in the Community and welcome you to continue the conversation here.

Thank you!

~Andrea
Upwork

View solution in original post

8,614 REPLIES 8,614

Hello!

i am having a issue recently in my payment method,

I put my sister's Bank account but it's not accepted, this is the message i got : 

"Payment method verification in progress

Your payment method has been deactivated because the beneficiary name on your payment method does not match the name on your Upwork account."

QUESTION : Can i still have a transactions/deal with my client even i don't have yet a payment method linked on my account ? because i have an ongoing transaction. please help.  i need more information. 

Thank you. your response is very much appreciated.

Hi Keiser,

You'd still be able to work with your client but you won't be able to withdraw your earnings until a payment method has been successfully added. Please, note that you must be listed as the account holder or authorized signer, in order for you to add it. Feel free to check this help article for more information and also check here to learn about the available payment methods.

Thank you.

~ Luiggi
Upwork

can i ask you another question? is my account approved? i can send proposals to job lisitngs, but i don't received any email from upwork that my account is verified/approved

Hi Keiser,

Yes, your account was approved! For help getting started, check our Freelancer Guide. It covers everything from finding great projects that fit your skills to increasing your rate and getting stellar feedback.

Thank you.

~ Aleksandar
Upwork

Hello! Anyone who can confirm if my Upwork account is approved? Your help is highly appreciated. Thank you very much!

Hi Keisha,

I checked and can confirm that your account was accepted. Welcome to Upwork!

For help getting started, please read up on the freelancer resources for great tips and insights on how you can work successfully on the platform. For more information about working safely through Upwork, please read these tips for avoiding questionable jobs.

I hope this helps, and good luck!

~ Aleksandar
Upwork

Hello! My profile has not been accepted. How can I find out what the problem is?

Thank you in advance,

Dennis

BojanS
Community Manager
Community Manager

Hi Dennis,

Upon checking, your profile has been accepted and you should be able to start bidding on projects. Feel free to reach back to us if you need any assistance. 

Thank you!

~ Bojan
Upwork

Thanks Bojan 

Can someone please help to know whether my profile got approved?

Hi Maulik,

I checked and it looks like your account has already been accepted. You should be able to send proposals to jobs on the general marketplace. Please make sure you check resources in this post to help you get started.

Thank you.

~ Aleksandar
Upwork

thank you aleksandar

I was new to Upwork. I need to know my profile is approved or not. 

BojanS
Community Manager
Community Manager

Hi Raj,

I checked and your account was already been accepted. Proposals you have sent were successfully delivered to the clients. Feel free to continue with bidding on projects and please check the resources in this post to help you get started.

Good luck!

~ Bojan
Upwork

Hi ,

I am completely new to upwork . I have created profile but not aware how to start . My profile has not been verified and active so far after a week long registration .

Need help for it .

Thanks & Regards

Alok Halder

BojanS
Community Manager
Community Manager

Hi Alok,

Your profile was accepted, feel free to start submitting proposals for jobs that you find to suit your skills and experience. Please check out these threads Getting Started on Upwork and Resource Corner. There you’ll find some excellent topics and learn more about Upwork. 

Happy Working!

~ Bojan
Upwork
9c9c5450
Community Member

Hi,

I am facing problem to do identity verification for my profile . It is showing "

You don't currently have access to this page "

https://www.upwork.com/ab/identity-verification/

Please look after this issues , so that I can verified my both identity verification .

Hi Alok,

I checked your account, but I was not able to find any request from the team that you need to complete the ID verification process. If you are required, you’ll be notified upon log in to complete the verification process by uploading a non-expired government-issued photo ID and meeting with us for a short video call. At this time, only earning freelancers are required to earn the “Identity Verified” badge. If you become required, we will notify you when you log into your Upwork account.

~ Joanne
Upwork
9c9c5450
Community Member

Hi Joanne,

Thank you for reply . It means I can carry on to proceed for the time being  .If I got first any project then identity verification feature will be activate to proceed for next level.

Thanks & Regards

Alok 

Hi Alok,

Once you`re required to verify your profile our team will reach out to you directly with detailed instructions. At the moment you don't have any pending verifications, thank you.

~ Goran
Upwork

Hi Mukund,

I checked your account, and I can confirm that your profile has been approved. Please check out the resources here to help you get started. Also, kindly check out the freelancer resources here to help you write winning proposals, build your profile, and for tips on how you can be successful here on Upwork. 

~ Joanne
Upwork

I need help getting my account approved. I tried several times and check all my information. My stats says my account is 100% complete and it stil denied. Please help. 

You should contact Upwork Help directly.

Great people there can help you out.

https://support.upwork.com/hc/en-us

Scroll to the bottom, click the Get Help button, and hit whichever option you prefer on the opened widget.

Phone, Chat, or Email.

Hi Francesca,

I checked your account, and I can confirm that your profile has already been accepted. You may now start submitting proposals to jobs that you are interested in. 

~ Joanne
Upwork

Hi! How do I know if my account has been approved? I did not receive any confirmation or rejection email. Thank you!
BojanS
Community Manager
Community Manager

Welcome to Upwork, Kingsley John! 

Your account has been accepted and it looks l like you already sent your first proposal. Good luck with it! 

To help you get started, please check out these threads Getting Started on Upwork and Resource Corner. There you’ll find some excellent topics and learn more about Upwork. 

~ Bojan
Upwork

Hello! I just created my profile today and I don't see "Your profile is under review" anywhere as indicated by the chatbot. Please let me know if I missed out on anything on the application for the approval. Thank you

g_vasilevski
Retired Team Member
Retired Team Member

Hi Gizelle,

Your profile is approved and you can start sending proposals once you`re ready. Thank you.

~ Goran
Upwork

Hi. Can someone be kind to check my profile & portfolio? Please.  I am new to Upwork & want your suggestions. Thanks in Advance.

Hi Rehan,

Yes your profile is approved and you can start sending proposals once you`re ready. Thank you.

~ Goran
Upwork

Hello Goran,
I am very thankful to you for your valuable time can you please give me suggestion about my profile description, tags,  & portfolio. I will very appreciate your help Thanks in Advance.

Hello, how do I know my account has been approved? I don't think I got any notification to that effect. Could you help me confirm please?

Kind regards!

Hi Daye,

I checked and can confirm that your account registration has been accepted. Welcome to Upwork!

Feel free to check out these resources we put together to help freelancers to get to a safe and successful start.

~ Luiggi
Upwork

Hello,I would like to know if my profile has been aprroved?

Hi Zakaria,

I checked and it looks like your account has already been accepted. Welcome to Upwork! You should be able to start sending proposals to jobs in the Upwork marketplace. You may also want to check the resources in this post to help you get started.

Thank you.

~ Luiggi
Upwork

How can i confirm that my account is approved by Upwork or not?

Hi Ali Raza,

Your profile was approved! For help getting started, check our Freelancer Guide.

Thanks!

~Andrea
Upwork

Hello,

I am on upwork for quite sometime but not getting hired. I lost all my connects. Can anyone help me out to confirm if my profile is approved or not?

Thank You!

Mudassar**Edited for community guidelines**

Hi Mudassar,

Your profile is already active. I can see that you have also submitted proposals successfully. It can take some time before you can win a job. I'd like to share these resources from our freelancer resource corner to help you improve your profile and tips in submitting proposals:

Upwork Profiles: Why a Great Title and Overview Can Make a Difference

How to Create a Profile Intro Video

8+ Tips to Help You Create a Profile That Stands Out

Make Your Freelancer Profile More Visible & Appealing

How to Create a More Successful Portfolio

A How-To Guide for Your Profile Picture

How to Create a Proposal that Wins Jobs 

Craft an Eye-catching Proposal Every Time

Please also check out the freelancer resources for more tips!

~ Joanne
Upwork
Latest Articles
Featured Topics
Learning Paths