🐈
» Forums » New to Upwork » How can I know that my profile is approved?
Page options
strategizebiz
Community Member

How can I know that my profile is approved?

Hello,

1. I would like to know if my profile has been aprroved....?
  2. Can you not have a status marker in the profile information so new users know whether or not they have been approved?

Thx,

Melissa

ACCEPTED SOLUTION
AndreaG

Hi all,

This thread has been closed from further replies due to its size. Please know that you can check if your profile has been approved on your end by trying to submit a proposal. If you’re able to submit proposals, it means your profile was approved! 

We appreciate your participation in the Community and welcome you to continue the conversation here.

Thank you!

~Andrea
Upwork

View solution in original post

8,614 REPLIES 8,614

Shashank,

Please, note that your profile overview has to be written by you and needs to accurately describe your own skills and experience. The team will follow up with you directly.

Thanks.

~ Valeria
Upwork
bhavyavaidya
Community Member

Hi,

I'd like to know if my profile has been approved as I haven't recieved any email regarding this.

Hi Bhavya,

I can confirm your profile is now approved.

~ Vladimir
Upwork

How can I know that my profile was approved too? the submit profile button was missing.

AveryO
Community Manager
Community Manager

Hi Rheyvin, 

Have you chosen a membership plan already? Please go to your Settings page > Membership & Connects > and pick out a plan that best suit your needs. You should be able to start bidding for jobs once you have chosen an membership plan. 

~ Avery
Upwork
rheyvin
Community Member

Yes Maam I did. But does it mean that may profile was approved already?

AveryO
Community Manager
Community Manager

Hi Rheyvin, 

You should be good to go. You might be requested to verify your profile in the future, just watch out for that notification.

~ Avery
Upwork
talhamirza2
Community Member

Hello,

I want to know that is my profile approved or not? If not, then how much it take time to be approved.

Thanks, 

Talha Mirza

Hi Muhammad, 

Your profile is now accepted. 

~ Avery
Upwork
shahriar-
Community Member

Hi,
I would like to know if my account is approved or not?
There is no re-submit on my profile but I can't submit a proposal either. There is no connects available for me. It wants me to buy connects. I got an email and says that THERE IS NO STOPPING YOU NOW.

Nazeeb
hasan452
Community Member

Hey, is my account approved? How can i know?

I received no email yet. Please inform me.
Thanks in advance

It's not 7:40 p.m. in Virginia. Kind of thinking you're not in Virginia. 

"Fairness is giving all people the treatment they earn and deserve. It doesn't mean treating everyone alike-Coach John Wooden"

@Katrina B wrote:

It's not 7:40 p.m. in Virginia. Kind of thinking you're not in Virginia. 

Agreed. If the OP is where he says he is, he should be about six hours behind my local time (CAT), and not four hours ahead, which would place him on the Indian sub-continent, or thereabouts.  Maybe a moderator should take a look at this.

Its not what you guys are thinking. My laptop was open and and younge rbro changed the  time zone....

Sorry for that. But would be pleased if you kindly help me.

Really? Your younger brother just went ahead and changed the time zone on your profile?

Methinks it is exactly what we think it is, so if I were you, I'd enter the correct time zone/location before your account gets suspended before you can even begin to work here.

@Md Ashraful H wrote:

Its not what you guys are thinking. My laptop was open and and younge rbro changed the  time zone....

Oh, okay. Sorry for jumping to the wildly wrong conclusion that you were misrepresenting your location. 

Yeah, my kids used to mess with each other that way all the time, by changing the time zones on each other's laptops. I understand completely.

Apologies.

Nazeeb and Md Ashraful,

Please, note that freelancers on Upwork are required to provide only truthful and accurate information about their identity, skills and experience. It includes information about their location and profile pictures.

Refer to the email notifications our Marketplace Quality team sent to both of you for more information. 

~ Valeria
Upwork
haiderusman58
Community Member

Hello, May I know my account is approved no or not as I didn't get any confirmation email and  I am able to send a proposal?

@Usman H wrote:

Hello, May I know my account is approved no or not as I didn't get any confirmation email and  I am able to send a proposal?

Again, please read Valeria's post above about how everything has to be truthful and correct on your profile.  

I'm pretty sure you're not in Houston becasue I live just 20 minutes north of Houston and it's not 8:53 PM here right now. 

"Fairness is giving all people the treatment they earn and deserve. It doesn't mean treating everyone alike-Coach John Wooden"

Maybe Usman also has a mischievous little brother.

@Janean L wrote:

Maybe Usman also has a mischievous little brother.

Ha Ha right, those pesky little brothers changing time zones. What will we ever do with them. 

omermujtaba
Community Member

Can anyone if my profile is approved? I am not able to send proposals. 😞 

sheenaraesamil
Community Member

HI,

How would I know if my profile was approved?

Thanks,

Sheena

g_vasilevski
Retired Team Member
Retired Team Member

Hi Sheena,

Our team is sending detail notification about the status of your profile. I just checked your profile and its approved, happy Upworking!

~ Goran
Upwork

Thanks Goran! Smiley Happy

sanaahmed28
Community Member

Hello'

Can anyone tell me how can I know my profile is approved or not, because I don't receive any mail about account approval, and also my profile is not under review I think everything is OK but finally email about account approved are not received 

So, please give me a solution that what can I do and how much it's time for sending me an email about account approved.

I shall be very thankful to you for this kindness.

g_vasilevski
Retired Team Member
Retired Team Member

Hi Sana,

I just checked your profile, it has been approved. You can chose a membership plan if you haven't and bid on projects.

Happy Upworking!

~ Goran
Upwork

Good Afternoon, 

I submitted my profile yesterday afternoon.  As of now, I have not received any notification from Upwork regarding any needed changes or if the profile has been rejected.  I have read over each section multiple times to ensure everything has been completed correctly and with as much information as possible.  

Can anyone help me with this matter or point me in the right direction?

Thanks in advance, 

Patricia Rawlinson

@Patricia R wrote:

Good Afternoon, 

I submitted my profile yesterday afternoon.  As of now, I have not received any notification from Upwork regarding any needed changes or if the profile has been rejected.  I have read over each section multiple times to ensure everything has been completed correctly and with as much information as possible.  

Can anyone help me with this matter or point me in the right direction?

Thanks in advance, 

Patricia Rawlinson

Patricia, I was able to load your Profile, and it looks pretty good. I do have one huge suggestion, which relates to you specifically, and your safety on Upwork. Your in a category that gets a lot of scam job invites. Please, please be on the side of safety and read this:

Tips To Avoid Questionable Jobs

And while you are at it, you might also want to read this thread about Getting Started on Upwork.

Thank you Pandora H. for your suggestions.  I've also joined another Freelancer site and have already seen the scams rolling in.  I try to be very vigilant when reviewing any ads or proposals.

Hi Patricia,

Due to the volume of freelancers registering recently, it may take a bit longer for profiles to be reviewed.

We appreciate your patience.

~ Valeria
Upwork

Thank you Valeria, for your response.  I look forward to hearing from someone..

carlacamasura
Community Member

Hello Upwork community, may I also ask if my profile has already been approved?

Hi Carla,

Yes, your profile was recently approved.

~ Vladimir
Upwork
guarinphizer_r69
Community Member

Hello, I would just like to know if my profile is already approved.

Thank you.

Hi Phizer Roche,

You'll see a notification at the top of your page if your profile is pending a review. Once that notification is gone, you'll know, your profile is approved.

~ Valeria
Upwork

Hi, Phizer Roche (not Pfizer Roche?) -- I am eager to learn that your profile is approved and that you have landed jobs at $100/hour as a telemarketer or similar. That would be good news all around.

Janean you have to dream and never give up and things and ideas and something about working hard. I'm not up to date with my motivational memes. I notice a lot of really broke people post them or really rich people post them like the polar opposite of the clueless spectrum.

Yes, Jennifer --

You have to have a passion and not let the haters get you down. Didn't your parents tell you that you could do anything you wanted to, as long as you wanted it badly enough? (I am still waiting to be invited to sing opera at the Met.) 

I once glanced through a TinTin comic in Spanish and I understood it pretty well, just based on my knowledge of French and Latin. I am thinking of promoting myself as an English-to-Spanish translator. I will work hard and use translation tools and dictionaries and stuff.

a_borokhova
Community Member

Hello!

I created my profile yesterday but i haven't added a photo or most of my information yet. How do i do that? I can't seem to find an option. When i go to my page i only see the message 'thank you for your interest'.

Thank you 

Latest Articles
Featured Topics
Learning Paths