🐈
» Forums » New to Upwork » How can I know that my profile is approved?
Page options
strategizebiz
Community Member

How can I know that my profile is approved?

Hello,

1. I would like to know if my profile has been aprroved....?
  2. Can you not have a status marker in the profile information so new users know whether or not they have been approved?

Thx,

Melissa

ACCEPTED SOLUTION
AndreaG

Hi all,

This thread has been closed from further replies due to its size. Please know that you can check if your profile has been approved on your end by trying to submit a proposal. If you’re able to submit proposals, it means your profile was approved! 

We appreciate your participation in the Community and welcome you to continue the conversation here.

Thank you!

~Andrea
Upwork

View solution in original post

8,614 REPLIES 8,614

Hi Yousuf,

You will need to submit your application for a review and our team will reach out to you with the results. If you`re ready please scroll down to the bottom of the page and click on Review Application. Thank you.

~ Goran
Upwork

How i Know that my profile is Approved or not?

Hi Shazif,

Profile approval process takes 24 hours from the time you submitted your profile for review. Once the process is complete, you will receive an email and a notification to your Upwork account to update you of your approval status. Thanks!

~ Joanne
Upwork

Hey there! I'm a newly joined freelancer and it has been 15 hours and I can't wait to get started! When will my account get accepted and how long does it usually take? Have a great day!

Alex

Hi Alexander,

The review process takes 24 hours from the time you submitted your profile for review. Once the process is complete, you will receive an email and a notification to your Upwork account to update you of your approval status. Thanks!

~ Joanne
Upwork

Hello, my profile is under review since yesterday. Does it take so long to be approved?

BojanS
Community Manager
Community Manager

Hi Tatia,

Thank you for reaching out to us. Please wait within 24 hours after submitting your account for review. You'll be notified once our team reviews your profile.

~ Bojan
Upwork

Hi there, I submitted my profile but can't see if it's been approved yet and haven't received an email. Can you please let me know where to check the status of my application? Thank you.

Hi Jordan,

I just checked your account and saw that you still haven`t submitted your application for a review. Please go to the bottom of the page and click on the ''Review Application''. It can take up to 24 hours for the review to be completed, once it is completed our team will reach out to you directly with the results. We wish you a positive outcome with this, thank you.

~ Bojan
Upwork

Thanks so much for your quick reply. I submitted my application for review. Looking forward to hearing back,

Jordan **Edited for Community Guidelines**

Your profile is under review

You should hear back within 24 hours. You will be able to submit proposals once your profile is approved.

It is almost one day and I still have this on my profile how can be solved ?  

@Ahmed H wrote:

Your profile is under review

You should hear back within 24 hours. You will be able to submit proposals once your profile is approved.

It is almost one day and I still have this on my profile how can be solved ?  

"Almost one day" is less than 24 hours.

Bear in mind that every day 10.000 hopefuls try to join Upwork so it takes some time to sort through them.

Also bear in mind that 98% (according to Upwork's CEO) are rejected so at this stage no news is good news.

Thank you for your quick response, so i will wait then until i get answer

Can anyone tell me how can I improve my profile so as to get accepted

Hello,

May I know if my profile is approved or not?

Thanks.

Hi Elizabeth,

Yes, your profile is approved as well, thank you.

~ Goran
Upwork

I would like to know if my profile is approved since no emails has been sent to me. I have already sent a proposal so does that mean my profile has been approved?

g_vasilevski
Retired Team Member
Retired Team Member

Hi Christelle,

Yes that is correct.  Happy Upworking!

~ Goran
Upwork

Thank you!

Hi I also wanted to know if my profile been approved or no?

Hi Karen,

Your profile has been accepted, congrats! Just click on the "0 Available Connects" link to the right of your job feed, to select a membership plan and get your connects.

~Nina

How to check that my account is approved or not ?

Hi Haris,

Your profile has been accepted and you can start using your account. Please review these resources before you start submitting proposals.

~ Jo-An

Untitled

Hi

I would like to know if my profile has been approved or not. Its been 4-5 days with no update of any kind so I was wondering if there's some kind of holdup of any sort.

Thanks for the help 

Hi Subhanshu, 

The team has reached out to you through an email about your profile approval. Please check your email for more information about your account. 

~ Avery
Upwork

Hello,

I'd like to know if my profile has been approved. Hoping for your immediate response.

Thank you.

Hi Krystelle,

Your profile is approved and you can start sending proposals when you`re ready. Thank you.

~ Goran
Upwork

I have 60 connects available in my account... has my profile been approved?

Zari B wrote:

Yes.

petra_r
Community Member

Zari B wrote:

A mistake, which will no doubt be rectified swiftly.

nt0909
Community Member

Dear Sir and Ma’am,

I am a media expert and content creator.
I freelance with brands and also work with media house Times of India.
Due to the pandemic, I have been put on furlough. I need help in running my errands and continue to generate work. I individually run a talent incubation centre for young communication graduates who are the class of 2019 and 2020. For lack of internships and jobs, I have been helping them get a hold on their professional lives. With my own job on hold, I am very needful if your help to have a respectable life. To continue to hone the young students’ talents and keep my head held up high. Please give me a chance.
BojanS
Community Manager
Community Manager

Hi Nimisha,

The review process takes 24 hours from the time you submitted your profile for review. Once the process is complete, you will receive an email and a notification on your Upwork account to update you about your profile approval status. 

Please note that your profile must represent you as an individual and that all the information in your profile including your profile photo needs to be accurate, truthful and verifiable. 

Thank you!

~ Bojan
Upwork

I would like to know that if my profile on Upwork has been approved or not? I didn't get any notification or email in this regard.

Hi Umer,

Yes your profile is approved and you can start bidding on jobs, thank you.

~ Goran
Upwork

It has been over 2 weeks. I still have not received an email stating that my freelancer profile was approved. I am able to submit proposals. Can anyone help with this?

BojanS
Community Manager
Community Manager

Hi Alan,

I checked and your account has already been accepted, you have already selected a membership plan and sent few proposals to jobs. Please, make sure you check resources in this post to help you get started. Thank you.

~ Bojan
Upwork

Hi
I just want to know that my account is approved or not? Stiil i need for video inverview?

Hi Daljit,

Yes, your account is approved and you have already used all of your connects. You can wait until the connects refresh at the beginning of the next billing cycle or upgrade the Membership

I checked and it doesn't look like you are required to complete any verification process at the moment. The team will let you know if there is a need for any verification process in the future.

~ Bojan
Upwork

Thankyou
Latest Articles
Featured Topics
Learning Paths