cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

How can I know that my profile is approved?

Highlighted
Adilet B Member Since: Jan 28, 2020
3891 of 6,019

Is my account approved? I didn't get any email

Highlighted
Goran V Moderator Member Since: Mar 24, 2017
3892 of 6,019

Hi Adilet,

Yes your profile is approved and you can start sending proposals once you`re ready. Thank you.

Untitled
Highlighted
Muhaimin A Member Since: Feb 10, 2020
3893 of 6,019

https://www.upwork.com/freelancers/~014f561611e3251188

Could someone tell me if it has been approved? Because I do not remember my profile ever showing "Sent for approval" neither did I get the any email regarding approval.

Highlighted
3894 of 6,019

Hi Muhaimin,

Yes your profile is approved as well. Thank you.

Untitled
Highlighted
Bryan S Member Since: Feb 13, 2020
3895 of 6,019

I just got an email: Congratulations, Bryan. Your profile is now live!

this is after spending money on connects as well as using the free 20 that upwork provides initially...Considering I just received this email, am I to believe that the previously submitted proposals & all those wasted connects are all invalid and/or are just now being sent, a day later-- thus lowering the chances for work? Why did I just get this email?

Highlighted
Bojan S Moderator Member Since: Mar 9, 2018
3896 of 6,019

Hi Bryan,

I checked and your account was accepted yesterday. Proposals you have sent were successfully delivered to clients. This you can check under your Proposals page or Connects History. Confirmation email usually arrives 24 hours after submitting an account for review, and your account was accepted soon after submitting, this is why there is a delay. Feel free to continue with bidding on projects and please check resources in this post to help you get started.

Thank you!

~ Bojan
Untitled
Highlighted
Bryan S Member Since: Feb 13, 2020
3897 of 6,019
What has changed from the 24 hours it takes to have my account accepted,
however?

Did they just now see the proposals? Was there a red flag stating my
account was not verified, yet?

all in all, what is the purpose of having an "accepted account"?

Highlighted
Mehmet Ali G Member Since: Feb 14, 2020
3898 of 6,019
I sent my proposal a very long time ago and I get no negative or positive response. Moreover, I get an email says that they changed my "active" account status to private because I don't log in to my account. I checked my account and they still not even reviewed it. It is not active yet. What should I do now?
Highlighted
3899 of 6,019

Hi Mehme,

I would like to confirm that your application hasn't been submitted for a review, if you`re ready please go to the bottom of the page and click on Review Application. Once your application is accepted you will be able to start sending proposals. 
If you`re directed back to the same page, please try clearing your cache and cookies or logging in with another browser. Thank you.

Untitled
Highlighted
Mehmet Ali G Member Since: Feb 14, 2020
3900 of 6,019

Hi there! Thank you for your response. 

I am sure that I made my application months ago. I didn't get a positive or negative response from Upwork. I just received an email about my account status is changed to a private account. Is it means my account is active? I made an application again today and I received a message says "We're sorry but something went wrong. Please try again or contact support." I cleared my cookies and cache and I tried to open Upwork on Firefox(I just downloaded Firefox). It didn't work again. What should I do now?