🐈
» Forums » New to Upwork » How can I know that my profile is approved?
Page options
strategizebiz
Community Member

How can I know that my profile is approved?

Hello,

1. I would like to know if my profile has been aprroved....?
  2. Can you not have a status marker in the profile information so new users know whether or not they have been approved?

Thx,

Melissa

ACCEPTED SOLUTION
AndreaG

Hi all,

This thread has been closed from further replies due to its size. Please know that you can check if your profile has been approved on your end by trying to submit a proposal. If you’re able to submit proposals, it means your profile was approved! 

We appreciate your participation in the Community and welcome you to continue the conversation here.

Thank you!

~Andrea
Upwork

View solution in original post

8,614 REPLIES 8,614

Hi Tamianji,

I checked and can confirm that your account was accepted. Welcome to Upwork!

For help getting started, please read up on the freelancer resources for great tips and insights on how you can work successfully on the platform. For more information about working safely through Upwork, please read these tips for avoiding questionable jobs.

I hope this helps, and good luck!

~ Aleksandar
Upwork

How long does it usually take to get approved? 

How can I know that my profile is approved? i didnt get any email of approval and rejection yet ,and  it is not mentioned that my profile is under review.

Hi Tooba

Your profile looked Approved check if you can bid on projects on find work.

I don't know why you did not receive an email. 

Sharjeel

Hi Tooba,

I'm happy to confirm that your profile has already been accepted. Thank you!

~ Joanne
Upwork
b1abcde6
Community Member

Hi, may I know if my profile has already been approved or not? I didn't receive any email from upwork.

Hi Leda,

Your profile is approved and you can start sending proposals once you`re ready. Thank you.

~ Goran
Upwork

Hi,

I submited my profile for a week, but don't know about the status.

I got the message that the profile will be reviewed in 12 hours after submitting but nothing happen, no email, no status on profile page, no submit button.

Can you please help?

Thanks.

Hi Mahn,

I checked and and happy to confirm that your profile has already been accepted. To help you get started, please read through this thread, and if you have any questions, please let us know. Thank you!

~ Joanne
Upwork
m_devel
Community Member

Awesome! Thank you very much for your support.

Hi. Could someone please confirm if my profile is approved

Thanks!

Hi Ma'am,

May I know if I am also approved? 

Thank you.

Hi Mary Grace,

Your account has been accepted. You should be able to send proposals to jobs in the general marketplace. Please make sure to check the resources in this post to help you get started.

Thank you!

~ Bojan
Upwork

Thank you so much.

Have instituted a new profile five days ago, and there appears to be a measure of stalling as to when said profile will be "approved". Looks like an attempt to keep myself from starting work as a freelancer. 

And, the profile photo is good enough. 

Hi Edward,

I checked your account and I can see that you are yet to submit your profile for review. You need to click the review application button to make sure you did not miss any section of the profile creation process. Once you submit your profile, it takes at least 24 to 48-hours for the process to complete and you will be notified via email about your account.

Thank you.

~ Aleksandar
Upwork

Hello,

I am shafiul Islam from Bangladesh, i want to approve my account this platform but already try many times i can't do this, kindly help me

Hi Shafiul,

Thanks for reaching out to us. I checked and it seems that your profile is Under Review. Please allow up to 48 hours for the review to be completed and our team will reach out to you with the results.

Thank you.

~ Aleksandar
Upwork

Hi , after clicking ‘review application’ my page just refreshes . I checked my application and there are no errors . Can you help me find out how to sumbit my profile application and know if I have approved or not ?

Thanks in Adnvance, Astghig.

Hi Astghig,

I checked your account and I can see that you are yet to submit your profile for review. You need to click the review application button and please, make sure you did not miss any section of the profile creation process. Any portion that is highlighted in red needs to be filled in. Please review your application and update the missing fields to be able to submit your profile for review. In this case, please update the "City" field and resubmit your profile for review. 

Once you submit your profile, it takes at least 24 to 48-hours for the process to complete and you will be notified via email about your account.

Thank you.

~ Aleksandar
Upwork

Hello - i just registered and i completed all steps.

But when i click on Review application it brings me back to the same page - i cant go futher. Any help?

Hi Bogdan,

Please, make sure all the fields are completed and then click Review Application at the bottom of the page. 

Additionally, you may clear your cache and cookies or log in with another browser to check if you`re still experiencing the same issue.

Let us know if the issue persists.

Thank you.

~ Bojan
Upwork

I'm a tad confused on the profile approval. I've had mates who have registered their profiles and instantly after clicking "Submit Application", they've gotten the screen where they can pick their membership tier. I've just made an account and it's redirected me to the homepage and said that my profile is under review.

Does this spell out a likely rejection?

Thanks.

BojanS
Community Manager
Community Manager

Hi Ryan,

The review process takes 24 hours from the time you submitted your profile for review. Once the process is complete, you will receive an email and a notification to your Upwork account to update you about your approval status. 

We wish you a positive outcome with this.

Thank you.

~ Bojan
Upwork

My profile has been under review for months.

Hi Taciana,

It looks like you haven't submitted your profile for a review yet. Please, make sure all the fields are completed and then click Review Application at the bottom of the page. Our team will reach out to you with the results within 24 hours. Thank you.

~ Bojan
Upwork

Hi Team!  I submitted my app for review aabout a week ago.  I know it says 24 hours for review.  Just wondering if there is a delay.  Thanks!

BojanS
Community Manager
Community Manager

Hi Nathan,

Your profile was accepted and you have already selected a membership plan, feel free to start bidding on projects.

Please, check out these threads Getting Started on Upwork and Hiring Headquarters and find there some excellent articles and learn more about Upwork.

Thank you.

~ Bojan
Upwork

Hello,

How do I know if my profile is approved or not?

Thanks

Hi Kieran,

I checked and I can confirm that your profile has been approved. You may want to check out this thread to help you get started. If you have any questions, please let us know. Thanks!

~ Joanne
Upwork

Hi All,

Greeting for the day,

Please can anyone help me to know the steps how to check if profile is approved as i have not got any mails .

Thanks,

Alisha

Alisha P wrote:

Please can anyone help me to know the steps how to check if profile is approved as i have not got any mails .

Your profile is incomplete.

Every day 10.000 people try to join Upwork. 98% are rejected.

People who can't even be bothered to complete their profile have no chance.

Hi Alisha,

Petra's correct. Your profile is yet to be completed. I looked into your profile and found most of the information needed are blank. Once you've completed answering it, please click Review Application. Let us know if you need anything else.

~ Riri

Why my profile is still not approved?

Hi Kavitha,

Thanks for reaching out to us. As an exclusive member of the agency, you won't be able to use your freelancer membership plan/connects. Exclusive agency members can only work on contracts under the agency. You can find more information about it here.

Thank you.

~ Aleksandar
Upwork

Sir-How I will approve my up work profile.
Please tell me the complete procedures.
Thanks you so much

Hi Farman,

I checked and I can confirm that your profile has already been approved. If you need further help, please let us know. Thank you!

~ Joanne
Upwork

How long does it take for a newly made profile to be approved ? I registered yesterday but still haven't received any approval or decline.

Nikolay Y wrote:
How long does it take for a newly made profile to be approved ? I registered yesterday but still haven't received any approval or decline.

Keep in mind that upwork gets 10000 new applications a day and only approves 2% of them. 

Re your profile: I have a faint idea what you are offering but no clue how that would work remotely, but aside from that, you are not allowed to be paid on a commission basis on upwork. Plus, how would you ever verify your client's success? You don't have access to their bookkeeping or something. So you might have to adjust your business model if you want to work through this site. 

Martina P wrote:

Nikolay Y wrote:

Keep in mind that upwork gets 10000 new applications a day and only approves 2% of them. 

Re your profile: I have a faint idea what you are offering but no clue how that would work remotely, but aside from that, you are not allowed to be paid on a commission basis on upwork. Plus, how would you ever verify your client's success? You don't have access to their bookkeeping or something. So you might have to adjust your business model if you want to work through this site. 

Thank you for the reply. My service is closing deals with prospects over the phone and it's perfectly fine to work remotely as like I mentioned it's a service over the phone. I can verify my client's success by knowing how many prospects on a daily/weekly basis have purchased the client's product/service through me. I understand I can't work on a commission basis and I'll readjust my business model.

Latest Articles
Featured Topics
Learning Paths