🐈
» Forums » New to Upwork » How can I know that my profile is approved?
Page options
strategizebiz
Community Member

How can I know that my profile is approved?

Hello,

1. I would like to know if my profile has been aprroved....?
  2. Can you not have a status marker in the profile information so new users know whether or not they have been approved?

Thx,

Melissa

ACCEPTED SOLUTION
AndreaG

Hi all,

This thread has been closed from further replies due to its size. Please know that you can check if your profile has been approved on your end by trying to submit a proposal. If you’re able to submit proposals, it means your profile was approved! 

We appreciate your participation in the Community and welcome you to continue the conversation here.

Thank you!

~Andrea
Upwork

View solution in original post

8,614 REPLIES 8,614
jpvega85
Community Member

Hi Bojan!

Thanks for your answer.

It looks totally completed but I'm going to double check and send it again from another browser.

I'll keep you updated.

Thanks

I requested an account approval a few days ago and haven't got an email so far, but I can search and apply to the jobs. Is my profile approved or not?

g_vasilevski
Retired Team Member
Retired Team Member

Hi Zejd,

Yes your profile is approved and you can continue sending proposals when you`re ready. Thank you.

~ Goran
Upwork

Hello- I submitted my application a week ago and had to manually type in my address. I live in a condo complex,  though each unit has its own street address. GPS can't find us either usually, but I live here, I swear it! how can I get this resolved so I can actually have a working application? 

Thank you! 

Hi Katherine,

One of our team members will reach out to you directly to assist you with completing our application form and submit it for the review.

Thank you for reaching out to us.

~ Bojan
Upwork

Hello, tried to join under the category Chemical engineering. I see many users in that area. The email I received only says we have many freelancers already, and that it is about finding opportunities on the platform. I see the Chem Eng category is already there and there are users. Is there no work in pharma/biopharma, R&D, process technology, academic publishing and writing, etc?

g_vasilevski
Retired Team Member
Retired Team Member

Hi Toufic,

Do you have another account that you have submitted for a review? I checked this account and your application haven't been reviewed as it hasn't been submitted for a review.

~ Goran
Upwork

28.05.19 an email was sent the first time I tried to create a profile using a hotmail address. It is disappointing these justifications. Not specific at all.

g_vasilevski
Retired Team Member
Retired Team Member

Hi Toufic,

Please click on my name and send me a PM with the email address you have registered before, so that I can assist you further. Thank you.

~ Goran
Upwork

Hi,

I'm just wondering if I have to formally submit my profile application or has this alreadybeen received?

Cheers

Hi Jacob,

Just to confirm that your application haven't been submitted for a review, if you`re ready please go to the bottom of the page and click on Review Application.
If you`re directed back to the same page please try clearing your cache and cookies or logging in with another browser. Thank you.

~ Goran
Upwork

Hi,

Thanks for this and all sorted.

Cheers

I've been waiting for over a week to get a notification... and I still can't add any connects because apparently my profile isn't approved... What do I do?

BojanS
Community Manager
Community Manager

Hi Noa,

It looks like you haven't submitted your profile for a review yet. Please, make sure all the fields are completed and then click Review Application at the bottom of the page. Our team will reach out to you with the results within 24 hours.

Thank you.

~ Bojan
Upwork
n_t40
Community Member

I clicked Review application more than once in the past few weeks and
nothing seems to be happening.
BojanS
Community Manager
Community Manager

Hi Noa,

We'll have one of our agents reach out to you directly to assist you with completing your application form and submit it for the review.

Thank you for your patience! 

~ Bojan
Upwork

Hi Upwork team, 

I submitted my profile for review, but there is no update regarding approval or not for days. Can I ask whether it is approved or not?

Thanks

Hi Chloe,

I checked this for you and it looks like you didn't complete all the information required under the application form. Please clear your cache and cookies or log in with another browser to check if you`re able to complete your application form and submit it for the review by clicking the Review Application at the bottom of the page.

Let us know if you need any assistance going forward, we're here to help.

Thank you!

~ Bojan
Upwork

I want to know if my account is approved or not?

Hi Parmjit,

Yes, your profile was accepted, feel free to start bidding on projects. You can also check out this thread Getting Started on Upwork and learn more about Upwork and this help article for more information about the ways to get to 100% completed profile.

Thank you!

~ Bojan
Upwork

Hi,

I just recently finished and applied my profile on Upwork; how can I tell if I have been approved?

Many thanks

You Will Be E-mailed in 24 hours and You Can Select Your Membership Plan.Upwork 

Don't Always Approve all accounts.So,Wait.I have also sent you my approvation E-mail.

**edited for Community Guidelines**

Hi Joyce, 

I checked your account and can confirm that your account registration has been accepted. Welcome to Upwork!

I highly recommend that you read up on the freelancer resources we have compiled, for great tips and insights on how you can work successfully on the platform. Please also pay attention to the Safety First! section of the resources, and these tips for avoiding questionable jobs for more information about working safely through Upwork.

Good luck!

~ Avery
Upwork

Hi,

I have trouble creating an Upwork profile. Each time I want to ''Review application'' it redirects me to the same create a profile page. Is this supposed to happen? Should I not be getting a confirmation?

I put a picture of what I get each time I click on the ''Review Application'' button. It just refreshes the page with not indication of what the concurrent problem is.

Apparently switching browsers did the trick.
This thread can be viewed as resolved.

BojanS
Community Manager
Community Manager

Hi Richio,

I checked and it looks like your account has already been accepted. Could you please clear your cache and cookies or log in with another browser to check if you`re still experiencing the same issue?

Let us know if the issue persists.

Thank you.

~ Bojan
Upwork

Hello Team,

I am new to upwork and have created a new profile. While I am in the last stage or sumitting the profile, after submitting I  am still on the same page.

Could you please guide me, how to take this ahead. 

Thanks in Advance.

Hi Markus,

If you`re directed back to the same page please try clearing your cache and cookies or logging in with another browser and click on the Review Application button. Thank you.

~ Goran
Upwork

I'm not sure if I already submitted an application and if it is being reviewed. I clicked on "review my application" but it keeps returning me to the same page where I input account details so am unsure if it is a glitch or it has gone through, since I didn't receive any e-mail notification as well. I applied yesterday and Upwork did say they will revert within 24 hours right? It has been longer than that already...

Hi Hannah,

Your profile is now accepted and you can start sending proposals when you`re ready. Thank you.

~ Goran
Upwork

Dear Sir/Madam
Can I know that my upwork account is approved or not ?

Hi Mahesh,

Yes, your profile was accepted. Feel free to start bidding on projects. Please, check out these threads Getting Started on Upwork and Hiring Headquarters. There you’ll find some excellent articles and learn more about Upwork.

Thank you!

~ Bojan
Upwork

how can i find out if my profile is approved on upwork?

Hi Negar,

I checked your account and can confirm that your account registration has been accepted. Welcome to Upwork!

I highly recommend that you read up on the freelancer resources we have compiled, for great tips and insights on how you can work successfully on the platform. Please also pay attention to the Safety First! section of the resources, and these tips for avoiding questionable jobs for more information about working safely through Upwork.

Good luck!

~ Aleksandar
Upwork

I created my account 8 days ago. Received email from Upwork that they'll let me know about application's approval/disapproval within 24 hours. Now it has been 8 days, did not receive any mail till now.

Hi Haroon,

Thanks for reaching out to us. Just to confirm that your application hasn't been submitted for a review, you will need to add your city to your address as well. Once you're ready please go to the bottom of the page and click on Review Application.

Thank you.

~ Aleksandar
Upwork

When I click the find work , it says 

Congrats, you're now part of Upwork! Tips to get started:

You'll win more jobs by using the Upwork app. GET the app

Submit eye-catching proposals. And remember, it can often take more than 5 proposals to win your first client.

but I didn't get mail. 

Is my profile approved ? 

Hi Talha and Gorkem,

Your profile has already been approved. You may want to check out the freelancer resources we created to help new users on Upwork. If you have any questions or need assistance with, just let us know. We're here to help. Thanks!

~ Joanne
Upwork

I would like to ask whether my account has been approved or not? So can i continue to send out proposals for projects or not?

Hello Upwork community,

Where can I check the status of my application?

After applying last thursday and filling in all my relevent personal info and work experience, I have not received any further news thus far. If I go to upwork.com I arrive straight to the https://www.upwork.com/ab/create-profile/introduce-yourself/ page. 

On the bottom of the page I can click 'Review Application' or 'Create a Client Account Instead'.

Clicked 'Review Application' a couple of time over the past days, all is complete since last thursday. 

I have no clue on whether my account has been succesfully created or is pending a review and have no received any correspondence thus far. 

Any help would be very appreciated. 

Kind regards,

Hi Ruben,

Just to confirm that your application haven't been submitted for a review. You will need to add your city and if you`re ready please go to the bottom of the page and click on Review Application.
If you`re directed back to the same page please try clearing your cache and cookies or logging in with another browser. Thank you.

~ Goran
Upwork
Latest Articles
Featured Topics
Learning Paths