🐈
» Forums » New to Upwork » How can I know that my profile is approved?
Page options
strategizebiz
Community Member

How can I know that my profile is approved?

Hello,

1. I would like to know if my profile has been aprroved....?
  2. Can you not have a status marker in the profile information so new users know whether or not they have been approved?

Thx,

Melissa

ACCEPTED SOLUTION
AndreaG

Hi all,

This thread has been closed from further replies due to its size. Please know that you can check if your profile has been approved on your end by trying to submit a proposal. If you’re able to submit proposals, it means your profile was approved! 

We appreciate your participation in the Community and welcome you to continue the conversation here.

Thank you!

~Andrea
Upwork

View solution in original post

8,614 REPLIES 8,614

Hello, it takes a while to approve upwork accounts. This is primarily dependant on the vacancies in terms of skills. so just be patient you account will be approved.

Hello,
I would like to know if my profile has been aprroved....?

Hi Saumeet,

I checked and can confirm that your account was accepted. Welcome to Upwork!

For help getting started, please read up on the freelancer resources for great tips and insights on how you can work successfully on the platform. For more information about working safely through Upwork, please read these tips for avoiding questionable jobs.

I hope this helps, and good luck!

~ Aleksandar
Upwork

I recently registered and submitted my profile. Please, I want to know if my profile has been approved. Thank you

Hi David,

I checked and can confirm that your account was accepted. Welcome to Upwork!

Feel free to check out these resources we put together to help freelancers to get to a safe and successful start.

Thank you.

~ Aleksandar
Upwork

Hello,

How can I know my account is approved?

My friend said he can't search for my account.

Please check my account and let me know.

Thank you,

Anastasiya B wrote:

Hello,

Please check my account and let me know.

Thank you,

It's been approved, love. I can see it.

Anastasiya B wrote:

An Upwork employee confirmed on Thursday that your profile is approved.

Anastasiya B wrote:

There are tens of thousands of profiles in your category. Your profile can be searched, and "can" be found, but you won't appear very high in the search results most of the time.

can be found.png

Alexis wrote: It's been approved, love. I can see it.

Being able to see a profile does not mean it's approved. Profiles that have not been approved can still be seen.

Hi there! I submitted my profile application more than a month ago. Since than I have not received niether email nor notification for the status of my application (profile approved/declined). Should I just wait more or there is a problem with my application maybe? Thanks!

Most of the time, if the client doesn't reply in 24 hours, they won't reply at all. Sometimes they do, but don't count on that. Just move on to another job application.

Hi Viacheslav! Thank you! But I am talking about an upwork join application - my upwork account is not approved yet!

ah, sorry.
I do see your profile, so it has been approved.

Anything I can see after Login is the Create profile page and nothing more. Even when I go to View profile I get redirected to the Create profile view. I uploaded a screenshot here.

Did you enter all information? I don't see your city in the profile. What about the tax infomation?

You also could reach out to the support.

Hi Stefan, 

I checked your account, and can confirm that your account registration was accepted. Welcome to Upwork!

For help getting started, please read up on the freelancer resources for great tips and insights on how you can work successfully on the platform. For more information about working safely through Upwork, please read these tips for avoiding questionable jobs.

I hope these help. Good luck!

~ Avery
Upwork

Hey everyone 👋.
I am new to this platform. I've completed my profile and submitted it. But I didn't got response from upwork.
My profile is stucked. I want to know what should I do?
I've searched this issue and found out that upwork response within 24 hrs. But it is almost a week.. I don't know my profile is approved or not.
Need help.😅

Hi Markus,

Just to confirm that your application haven't been submitted for a review. You will need to add your city in the "City" field and if you`re ready please go to the bottom of the page and click on Review Application.
If you`re directed back to the same page please try clearing your cache and cookies or logging in with another browser. Thank you.

~ Goran
Upwork

Hi,
I've completed my profile and submitted it. But I didn't got response from upwork.
My profile is stucked. I want to know what should I do?
I've searched this issue and found out that upwork response within 24 hrs.I don't know my profile is approved or not.

Hi Aisha,

I checked and it looks like your account has already been accepted. You should be able to send proposals to jobs on the general marketplace. Please make sure you check resources in this post to help you get started.

Thank you.

~ Aleksandar
Upwork

I can now submit proposals but i didn't get any mails saying that my profile is given.

Hi Mrinal,

I checked, and I can confirm that your profile has been accepted. You can find more useful information and advice on the freelancer resources we have compiled here to help you get started on Upwork. If you have any questions, please feel free to reach out. We're here to help. Thanks!

~ Joanne
Upwork

Hi all,

I am very new to this. My application to join as a freelancer was declined so I resubmitted now. After doing this I submitted a proposal for a job and it went through.

I'm confused - can't I only submit proposals once my application is accepted? Otherwise, what does being accepted enable one to do?

Hi Cara,

I checked your account, and I can confirm that it has bee accepted. You can start submitting proposals once your profile has been approved. You can find more useful information and advice on the freelancer resources we have compiled here to help you get started on Upwork. If you have any questions, please feel free to reach out. We're here to help. Thanks!

~ Joanne
Upwork

Is my profile approved ?

Hi Nachiket,

Yes your profile is approved and you can start sending proposals once you`re ready. Thank you.

~ Goran
Upwork

Hello there.

Thank you so much for telling me that my profile is approved, but I have not received any official mail from Upwork regarding I profile is approved or not.

Thanks.

Hi Monett,

I checked your account, and I'm happy to confirm that your profile has been accepted. You can find more useful information and advice on the freelancer resources we have compiled here to help you get started on Upwork. If you have any questions, please feel free to reach out. We're here to help. Thanks!

~ Joanne
Upwork

Hi Lehi,

I checked, and I can confirm that your profile has been accepted. Please check out the freelancer resources we have compiled here to help you get started on Upwork. If you have any questions, please feel free to reach out. We're here to help. Thanks!

~ Joanne
Upwork

How will I know if my account has been approved? It's been 48 hours since I activated my account, the last email says it will only take 12 hours for me to know if it's approved or denied, but I didn't get any response. Thanks!

Hi Seony,

Your profile is approved and you can start sending proposals once you`re ready. Thank you.

~ Goran
Upwork

After I resubmit my account for verification, I received 20 free connects and I can do proposals as well. I'm just wondering if my account was already approved. I went through my email but there's no message about the approval of my account.

Hi Aaron,

I checked, and I can confirm that your profile has been accepted. You can find more useful information and advice on the freelancer resources we have compiled here to help you get started on Upwork. If you have any questions, please feel free to reach out. We're here to help. Thanks!

~ Joanne
Upwork

Please can you check if my account it has been approved or not? my u[pwork email **Edited for community guidelines**

Hi Victor,

I checked and it looks like your account has already been accepted. You should be able to send proposals to jobs in the general marketplace. Please make sure to check the resources in this post to help you get started.

Thank you!

~ Bojan
Upwork

Hi there!

I just want to know if my account is already verified because my friend told me that I should receive an email about it. He asked me to try to submit a proposal but I receive an error that I do not meet all the client's preferred qualifications.

I hope that you can help me with my concern. Thank you so much.

Stay safe and healthy. God bless you all.

Kind regards,

Nardalisa Donaire

Don't judge anything based on whether or not you received an email message.

Upwoek doesn't necessarily send email messages for everything. And if Upwork DOES send an email message, that does not necessarily mean you will receive the message. Or that you will notice it.

Hi Nardalisa,

Welcome to UpWork! You'll get a verification badge (a blue tick beside your name) once your profile is verified by UpWork team and for that, they will reach out to you on your associated email address with complete instructions. However, there's no timeline for when you'll hear from the UpWork team, it's done in batches and I assume that you should hear soon if your profile remains active i.e. you're still sending out proposals, responding to invitations and accepting jobs.

If you're seeing "I do not meet all the client's preferred qualifications.", make sure that you meet all the criterias put by the client to apply for the particular job. Also make sure that your profile is complete and meets all guidelines mentioned by UpWork. This link might be helpful: https://www.upwork.com/hiring/for-freelancers/enhance-your-profile-for-greater-success/

If you're still not able to apply to jobs, I'd suggest reaching out to the UpWork support team.

I hope that helps, happy UpWorking!

Best,
Tauqueer H.

Tauqueer H wrote:

Hi Nardalisa,

Welcome to UpWork! You'll get a verification badge (a blue tick beside your name) once your profile is verified by UpWork team and for that, they will reach out to you on your associated email address with complete instructions. However, there's no timeline for when you'll hear from the UpWork team, it's done in batches and I assume that you should hear soon if your profile remains active i.e. you're still sending out proposals, responding to invitations and accepting jobs.

If you're seeing "I do not meet all the client's preferred qualifications.", make sure that you meet all the criterias put by the client to apply for the particular job. Also make sure that your profile is complete and meets all guidelines mentioned by UpWork. This link might be helpful: https://www.upwork.com/hiring/for-freelancers/enhance-your-profile-for-greater-success/

If you're still not able to apply to jobs, I'd suggest reaching out to the UpWork support team.

I hope that helps, happy UpWorking!

Best,
Tauqueer H.

1. Verified and approved are two different things.

2. She is already able to apply to jobs. 

Latest Articles
Featured Topics
Learning Paths