🐈
» Forums » New to Upwork » How can I know that my profile is approved?
Page options
strategizebiz
Community Member

How can I know that my profile is approved?

Hello,

1. I would like to know if my profile has been aprroved....?
  2. Can you not have a status marker in the profile information so new users know whether or not they have been approved?

Thx,

Melissa

ACCEPTED SOLUTION
AndreaG

Hi all,

This thread has been closed from further replies due to its size. Please know that you can check if your profile has been approved on your end by trying to submit a proposal. If you’re able to submit proposals, it means your profile was approved! 

We appreciate your participation in the Community and welcome you to continue the conversation here.

Thank you!

~Andrea
Upwork

View solution in original post

8,614 REPLIES 8,614

Hi, how do I know if my upwork profile is approved? 

Hi Sarah,

Welcome to Upwork! I am happy to inform you that your profile is already accepted. For help getting started, check our Freelancer Guide. It covers everything from finding great projects that fit your skills to increasing your rate and getting stellar feedback.

~ Nikola
Upwork

I am wondering if my profile has been approved by upwork..

And if not, how can I reapply my profile?

Hi Jeun Kyle,

I checked and it looks like your account has already been accepted. Welcome to Upwork! You should be able to start sending proposals to jobs in the Upwork marketplace. You may also want to check the resources in this post to help you get started.

Thank you.

~ Luiggi
Upwork
ac51b9bc
Community Member

I want to know if my profile has been approved.

I was not able to read any emails regarding this, and I'm not quite sure of my profile's current status.

Hi Jeun,

You probably just need to give it some more time. I would wait until at least end of business on Tuesday before raising any concern.

This thread seems like it might be helpful: https://community.upwork.com/t5/New-to-Upwork/How-can-I-know-that-my-profile-is-approved/m-p/550422/...

It's been weeks since I applied to upwork and until now I'm not sure if my
account has been approved or not.

If it has been weeks then it seems likely you would have heard back from Upwork by now. Have you checked your bulk/spam email folders? Is there any way that a communication could have been missed?

Hi Jeun Kyle,

I can confirm your profile has been approved and I also replied to your previous query here. Feel free to let us know if you have any additional questions. 

Thank you.

~ Luiggi
Upwork

Hello Jeun, when I tried to check your profile, it said that it is not public. If I were you, I'd just check my Email and filter the recent Emails. If you found nothing, consider that it takes a while to get your profile approval or rejection. So be patient and wait till next week, for example, and try to contact the support, hopefully, everything would be fine.

Wish you the best.

Youssef Bahaa

Hello,

Actually was created my account in the past and when I was in college. 
That time just created and just trying to use but after that, I was busy in my job. 
So now I want to start again with Upwork and want to freelance work so just get to know in Upwork there something profile need to approve but I couldn't find that my profile is approved or not.
Can anyone please help me with this how can I check My profile is approved or not and where can I check profile approval status?

Thank you

Sagar 

Hi Sagar,

I checked and can confirm that your account was accepted. Welcome to Upwork!

For help getting started, please read up on the freelancer resources for great tips and insights on how you can work successfully on the platform. For more information about working safely through Upwork, please read these tips for avoiding questionable jobs.

I hope this helps, and good luck!

~ Aleksandar
Upwork

Thank you very much, Aleksandar for your response.

Hi Upwork Team,
How may I know that my profile is approved or not?

Hi Syed, 

Your profile is approved and you can start sending proposals once you`re ready. Thank you.

~ Goran
Upwork

I'd like to know if my account is approved ?

Hi Laiba,

Yes, your account was approved! For help getting started, check our Freelancer Guide. It covers everything from finding great projects that fit your skills to increasing your rate and getting stellar feedback.

Thanks!

~Andrea
Upwork

Hi,

I just finished and applied my profile on Upwork. How can I tell if I have been approved?

Thank you,

Nikola K.

Hi Nikola,

I checked and can confirm your profile was approved, welcome to Upwork!

Thanks!

~Andrea
Upwork

Hi there, 

Please assist. 

I would like to find out if my account is approved or rejected, as I am not certain. 

I received an email saying congratulations, your profile is now live, you can submit proposals then a few days later I received another mail saying we cannot accept your application. This is my second application attempt, with the first one it was mentioned that I should upskill. During that time I obtained a Microsoft cert. and then submitted my application again with Upwork. 

Kind regards

Hi Marilese,

I checked and can confirm that your profile is approved. You may want to check out these resources we put together to help freelancers to get to a safe and successful start:

Thank you,

~ Nikola
Upwork
0380dbe9
Community Member

Is my account approved?

Hi there,

I checked and can confirm that your profile has been approved. You may now start submitting proposals to jobs you're interested in. Please also check this post and the freelancer resources to help you get started on Upwork. You also want to make sure that you update your name on file. To set up a payment method, your verified name in Upwork must match the name on your payment account

~ Joanne
Upwork

Hello, I am new to upwork, I was invited here by a Company whom I am going to be working with. I have heard great things and put my account together yesterday. It seems I have all the features I need, however I have never seen anything saying if my account has been approved or not?  I am just curious and wondering if it has been approved and I just didnt receive the email or what?

Hey Dakota,

I have been using the Upwork forum for almost 2months and I also faced this issue while approving my profile and have the question about how I get approved.

Let me make things easier for you.

1. Always input your original information

2. Try to fill everything, it increases your chances to get approved

3. After giving a complete review of your profile, submit it and wait for 24hours so the Upwork officials can review your profile.

4. If you get rejected please make sure again that you fill the requirement and correct information about yourself.

5. Submit your Profile again. (Mine also get approved on 2nd attempt)

6. You will receive the email of approval when your profile is approved.

7. Update your Portfolio ASAP and it must be ORIGINAL.

8. And you have given the 20 Connects for free as a beginner to bit on the jobs 🙂

GoodLuck! Hope you enjoy working here

Hello Awais, appreciate the response. I have done everything listed, I believe I submitted my profile when I signed up, I have yet to receive an email, its been around 30 hours since submitted. I guess I just need to wait, I imagine it could be a bit backed up at the moment due to Covid. Only other thing I can think of is it was approved however, the email did not come through.

Is there any bar showing on the top of your profile that you are in process of verification?

No, I do not see one.

If you can't see the bar on the top of your profile then brother you are approved. Open your account and try to bid on the jobs now. Please see the attachment and let me know can you have the 20 connects there?

Hi Dakota,

I checked, and I can confirm that your profile has been accepted. You can find more useful information and advice on the freelancer resources we have compiled here to help you get started on Upwork.

~ Joanne
Upwork

Hi, I would like to upgrade my plan. Could someone please let me know if my profile is approved?

Hi Nehal, and Manzoor,

I checked and it looks like both of your accounts have already been accepted. You should be able to send proposals to jobs on the general marketplace. Please make sure you check the resources in this post to help you get started.

Thank you.

~ Aleksandar
Upwork

I have the same issue as Mostafa

Hi Mariquel,

Could you please send us more information about the issue you are having?

Thank you.

~ Aleksandar
Upwork

I just need to know if my account has been verified. I received this message from upwork:

|
Your profile is live, but there's more you can do to stand out to clients. 

The most important thing is to make sure your profile is 100% complete and your profile visibility is set to Public or Only Upwork Users
|

I reviewed my profile and it was set to Public. I can submit proposals now however it’s not showing any proposal offers under “my offers”. 

Hi Mariquel,

Yes, your account was approved! For help getting started, check our Freelancer Guide. It covers everything from finding great projects that fit your skills to increasing your rate and getting stellar feedback.

Additionally, your submitted proposals will show up on the Proposals page.

Thank you.

~ Aleksandar
Upwork

There is no indicating if my Upwork account is approved? It seems the only solution I find is posting at the community forums.

Hi Antonio,

I checked and it looks like your account has already been accepted. Welcome to Upwork! You should be able to start sending proposals to jobs in the Upwork marketplace. You may also want to check the resources in this post to help you get started.

Thank you.

~ Aleksandar
Upwork

1. I would like to know if my profile has been aprroved....?

Hi Muhammad,

Our team has reached out to you via ticket with additional information regarding your account. If you have any additional questions, feel free to follow up on your ticket and our team will assist you further. Thank you.

~ Goran
Upwork
Latest Articles
Featured Topics
Learning Paths