cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

How can I know that my profile is approved?

Goran V Moderator Member Since: Mar 24, 2017
3291 of 4,002

Hi Saurov,

Yes your profile is approved and you can start sending proposals, thank you.

Untitled
Saurov S Member Since: Jan 26, 2020
3292 of 4,002
##- Thank you Upwork so much.... -##
Mashal U Member Since: Jan 27, 2020
3293 of 4,002

Hello there, I don't know if my profile is approved or under review. Where do i check this?

Bojan S Moderator Member Since: Mar 9, 2018
3294 of 4,002

Hi Mashal,

I checked and your account has already been accepted. Feel free to start sending proposals on projects. Please, make sure you check resources in this post to help you get started.

Thank you!

~ Bojan
Untitled
Tyler B Member Since: Jan 27, 2020
3295 of 4,002

I submitted all three of my free proposals before my account was approved. The account has since been approved, but my proposals page does not load and none of the jobs I applied for show that I've already submitted.

My "connects" are gone, but I don't appear to have any active proposals.

The lack of a customer support department is a major red flag...is this whole site just scam after scam?

Community Guru
Christine A Member Since: May 4, 2016
3296 of 4,002

Tyler B wrote:

I submitted all three of my free proposals before my account was approved. The account has since been approved, but my proposals page does not load and none of the jobs I applied for show that I've already submitted.

My "connects" are gone, but I don't appear to have any active proposals.

It's not possible to submit proposals until your account is approved, so you must have used up your 20 free connects. You can simply buy more and continue to place bids.

The lack of a customer support department is a major red flag...

There's no lack of customer support, it's just that there are millions of freelancers on this platform and most of them can't be bothered to read anything for themselves to find out how things work, so I would imagine that CS is pretty tied up. I'm sure that a moderator will come along to assist you shortly.

...is this whole site just scam after scam?

There are certainly a few scam projects posted every day, but just make sure that you have a contract in place and your client has verified their payment method before you do any work, and you should be fine.

3297 of 4,002

I definitely submitted three proposals (Yes, for 6 connects each), and could see an "Already Submitted" badge at the top of each job posting I applied to. At that point in time, I could see the proposals in my "Proposals" page. Hours later, I received an email notifying me that the account had been approved. After receiving the email, my "Proposals" page doesn't load at all, and the "Already Submitted" badge is gone.

I understand that each proposal costs 6 connects (as I am able to read). My concern is that the "connects" have been spent, but the proposals have disappeared. Surely I can't be expected to buy more "connects" simply because the website isn't fully functional.

Bojan S Moderator Member Since: Mar 9, 2018
3298 of 4,002

Hi Tyler,

I checked and can confirm that your proposals were successfully sent to clients. This you can check under your Proposals page or Connects History.

The confirmation email is usually sent within 24 hours from the time the account gets accepted. 

Please, make sure you check resources in this post to help you get started.

Thank you!

~ Bojan
Untitled
3299 of 4,002

Thank you for the timely and helpful response! I stand corrected, the support staff do exist!

Ahmed I Member Since: Jan 27, 2020
3300 of 4,002
Hi
can i know if i accepted or not ?
Thanks
TOP KUDOED MEMBERS