🐈
» Forums » New to Upwork » How can I know that my profile is approved?
Page options
strategizebiz
Community Member

How can I know that my profile is approved?

Hello,

1. I would like to know if my profile has been aprroved....?
  2. Can you not have a status marker in the profile information so new users know whether or not they have been approved?

Thx,

Melissa

ACCEPTED SOLUTION
AndreaG

Hi all,

This thread has been closed from further replies due to its size. Please know that you can check if your profile has been approved on your end by trying to submit a proposal. If you’re able to submit proposals, it means your profile was approved! 

We appreciate your participation in the Community and welcome you to continue the conversation here.

Thank you!

~Andrea
Upwork

View solution in original post

8,614 REPLIES 8,614

where can I check that?

Hi Joel,

I've looked into your account and saw that it wasn't submitted yet. Please review your information, add your City and click Review Application. Let us know if you need anything else.

~ Riri

I never received an email as to whether I was approved or not. Can you check whether my profile was accepted? Thank you. 

AveryO
Community Manager
Community Manager

Hi Sara, 

It looks like you're account has already been accepted. Welcome to Upwork, Sara!

For help getting started, please read up on the freelancer resources for great tips and insights on how you can work successfully on the platform. For more information about working safely through Upwork, please read these tips for avoiding questionable jobs.

~ Avery
Upwork

I have created my account as a freelancer 3 months ago now, and i did not get any answer until now 

Hi Rabie,

Just to confirm that your application haven't been submitted for a review, if you`re ready please go to the bottom of the page and click on Review Application.
If you`re directed back to the same page please try clearing your cache and cookies or logging in with another browser. Thank you.

~ Goran
Upwork

Hello

I don´t know if my profile has been approved or not, because I didn't receive any confirmation about that (and I sent it to review several days ago). 

Thanks!

Hi Viny,

It looks like you haven't submitted your profile for a review yet. Please, make sure all the fields are completed and then click Review Application at the bottom of the page. Our team will reach out to you with the results within 24 hours. Thank you.

~ Bojan
Upwork

Hey there,

I submitted my profile for review yesterday and was hoping to have had it verified today. Instead, everything I filled out is gone and I don't see an e-mail about whether or not I was accepted or rejected. I assume that even if it were to be rejected that clients simply wouldn't be able to see it yet, rather than everything I typed in being deleted. Is it possible for support to re-populate my profile, or should I start recreating it?

BojanS
Community Manager
Community Manager

Hi Findlay,

Your profile is accepted. Please, choose one of our membership plans in order to be able to start bidding on projects. 

Please check this help article for more information about how to achieve a 100% complete profile and make sure you check resources in this post to help you get started.

Thank you.

~ Bojan
Upwork

How can I check if my account is approved?

lots of "mobile developers" asking this question. hmm I wonder why.

Hi Andriy,

Yes, your profile was accepted and you have already sent one proposal to the job. You can check out this thread Getting Started on Upwork and learn more about Upwork.

Thank you!

~ Bojan
Upwork

I wanted to know if my profile is approved or not.

Hi Noel,

Yes your profile is approved and I can see that you`ve already started submitting proposals. Thank you.

~ Goran
Upwork

Hi there!

It's been 4 days since I uploaded my new profile but I still haven't heard anything. Is there a regular wait time for new profiles?

Thanks!
BojanS
Community Manager
Community Manager

Hi JD,

I just checked your account and saw that you still haven`t submitted your application for a review. Please make sure all the fields are completed and go to the bottom of the page and click on the ''Review Application''. It can take up to 24 hours for the review to be completed, once it is completed our team will reach out to you directly with the results. We wish you a positive outcome with this, thank you.

~ Bojan
Upwork

I have the same problem, but the month has not even passed .. but only three days have passed and I cannot now write letters to employers

BojanS
Community Manager
Community Manager

Hi Alex,

I checked and your account has already been accepted and you have already sent a lot of proposals to jobs. Please, make sure you check resources in this post to help you get started.

Let us know if you need any further assistance.

Thank you.

~ Bojan
Upwork

Hi there, my name is Gajan and I'm new to Upwork, I'm unsure whether or not my account has been approved and would like to find out. I've set up my profile, I would like to find out how I can get my profile approved so that I can get on with looking for opportunities? 

AveryO
Community Manager
Community Manager

Hi Gajan, 

I checked your account and I can see that you are yet to submit your profile for review. You need to click the review application button to make sure you did not miss any section of the profile creation process. Any portion that is highlighted in red needs to be filled-in. In this case, you are missing the city in the City field of your application. Please review your application and update the missing fields to be able to submit your profile for review.

Once you submit your profile, it takes at least 24 to 48-hours for the process to complete and you will be notified via email about your account.

~ Avery
Upwork

I have created an Upwork account and it is under review. It has been more than 24 hours and still shows under review and I didn't hear anything from you.

Hi Markus,

Just to confirm that your application haven't been submitted for a review, if you`re ready please go to the bottom of the page and click on Review Application.
If you`re directed back to the same page please try clearing your cache and cookies or logging in with another browser. Thank you.

~ Goran
Upwork

I'm unsure whether it has been approved or not. How do I find out?

g_vasilevski
Retired Team Member
Retired Team Member

Hi Tim,

Yes your profile is approved and you can start sending proposals when you`re ready. Thank you.

~ Goran
Upwork

Hello!

I just made my account a few days ago and I still haven't received a message that my account is approved. How do I know if I have been accepted ?

Milosh M wrote:

Hello!

I just made my account a few days ago and I still haven't received a message that my account is approved. How do I know if I have been accepted ?

How old are you?

I am 18 just turned a few days ago.

BojanS
Community Manager
Community Manager

Hi Milosh,

Yes, your profile was accepted and you have already selected a membership plan, feel free to start bidding on projects.

Please, check out these threads Getting Started on Upwork and Hiring Headquarters and find there some excellent articles and learn more about Upwork.

Thank you.

~ Bojan
Upwork
milosh_01
Community Member

Thank you !

My application has been in review for almost a week now and i have received no reply whatsoever. When can i expect to hear a reply from upwork?

Hi Shreshtha,

~ Goran
Upwork

I am unable to select my city form the drop down menu. My city appears, but I can not click on it, then it tells me I haven't completed my profile. I also want to be able to select multiple cities as I work nationally, how do I do this?

Hi Sarah,

I checked and your account has already been accepted and you have already selected a membership plan.

May you please clear your cache and cookies or log in with another browser to check if you`re still experiencing the same issue.

Let us know if the issue persists.

Thank you.

~ Bojan
Upwork

I never got an email saying my account was approved or denied, even after verifying everything. It's been over 24 hours, what should I do?

Hi Elizabeth, 

I can confirm that your account registration has already been accepted. Welcome to Upwork!

For help getting started, please read up on the freelancer resources for great tips and insights on how you can work successfully on the platform. For more information about working safely through Upwork, please read these tips for avoiding questionable jobs.

~ Avery
Upwork

I am Trying to get approval from Upwork for the past 1 year finally , a day before i got a mail like You can now start applying jobs like that. Then I logged in  I can able to apply jobs.

Then applied jobs felt like my profile is not showing to them.

Can you Please check Is my Profile Safe? or Approved?

BojanS
Community Manager
Community Manager

Hi Venkatesan,

I checked and your account has already been accepted and you have already sent few proposals to jobs. Please, make sure you check resources in this post to help you get started.

~ Bojan
Upwork
venkat_95
Community Member

Thank you !!

Is my profile approved or not
Latest Articles
Featured Topics
Learning Paths