🐈
» Forums » New to Upwork » How can I know that my profile is approved?
Page options
agcaoili_dee_ann
Community Member

How can I know that my profile is approved?

How do I check if my profile is approved? Thank you

ACCEPTED SOLUTION
MichaelJ
Community Manager
Community Manager

Hi Dee Ann Jo,

Thank you for your message and welcome to Upwork! I'm happy to report that your profile has been approved. You can check this on your end by trying to submit a proposal. If you’re able to submit proposals, it means your profile was approved! 

Here are some resources I compiled to help you get started on Upwork; I suggest you review each of them carefully:

9 Tips to Help You Create a Freelancer Profile That Stands Out

Upwork Profiles: Why a Great Title and Overview Can Make a Difference

Sample Profiles and Best Practices

How to Create a Proposal That Wins Jobs

How to Write Proposals: Proven Advice From Freelancers on Upwork

Tips to Avoid Questionable Jobs

I hope this helps!

Mike

Cheers,
Mike

View solution in original post

577 REPLIES 577
ab51aa5d
Community Member

Hello, my profile is under review and there is a message saying that within 24 hours I will be notified if it is approved. 24 hours passed and I still got nothing, can you please help me ? 

Hi Marko,

I checked your profile and can see it is being reviewed. In the meantime, you can still work on improving your profile and resubmit it with any changes.
To help you create a complete and quality profile, check out these Upwork Academy courses:
If you experience any issues with your profile submission or review, please contact support by clicking the "Get Support" button that shows at the bottom right corner in the Upwork Help. You will be asked what type of account you need help with and to describe your issue or questions. Please select the best option for your situation. If you’d like to speak to an agent, you can request that via the chatbot.

~ AJ
Upwork
Community Member

Hi, I've been waiting for my account to be approved for over 2 weeks. I don't know what I did wrong. I've gone through the links here and my profile is as complete as possible. Can you please help me?

Thanks in advance.

Hi Alperen,

Thank you for your message. I checked your profile and can see it is being reviewed. You may want to check those articles AJ shared above for more details on how to get a complete and quality profile.

Don't hesitate to contact support by clicking the "Get Support" button that shows at the bottom right corner in the Upwork Help if you experienced any issues with your profile submission or review. You will be asked what type of account you need help with and to describe your issue or questions. Please select the best option for your situation. If you’d like to speak to an agent, you can request that via the chatbot.

~ Arjay
Upwork
2dec498f
Community Member

Hi, I don't know if my Upwork profile is approved, how can I get this information? 

Hi Luis

I checked and it looks like your account registration has already been accepted. Welcome to Upwork! You should be able to start sending proposals to jobs in the Upwork marketplace. You may also want to check these few Upwork Academy courses below to help you get started:
Additionally, feel free to sign up for upcoming events and webinars to learn more about how you can boost your success on Upwork. Good luck!

~ Luiggi
Upwork
bdcb8188
Community Member

Hi, I would have some information about my profile, How Do I know if my profile is approved or not?

and I Don´t know how to upload my ID information to the platform

Hi Pablo,

Thank you for reaching out to us and I would like to officially welcome you to Upwork! I'm happy to report that your profile has been approved. You can check this on your end by trying to submit a proposal. If you’re able to submit proposals, it means your profile was approved! 

I can also see that your account doesn't need further verification just yet. Please note that you will not be able to initiate the identity verification yourself and it cannot be requested. If the team finds the need for you to do it, you will receive an email detailing the instructions on how to complete your verification. You may want to check this help article for more information. 

~ Arjay
Upwork
a667eebe
Community Member

Hi!

I'm new and just wanna ask. How will I know if my profile has been approved?

Thank you!

468b6c6c
Community Member

what should  I do to approved my account? 
Please I need a Job

Hi Joab,

I checked your profile and can see it is being reviewed. In the meantime, you can still work on improving your profile and resubmit it with any changes.

To help you create a complete and quality profile, check out these Upwork Academy courses:

If you experience any issues with your profile submission or review, please contact support by clicking the "Get Support" button that shows at the bottom right corner in the Upwork Help. You will be asked what type of account you need help with and to describe your issue or questions. Please select the best option for your situation. If you’d like to speak to an agent, you can request that via the chatbot.

~ AJ
Upwork

thanks for answering my question. I will improve my profile so that  I have a high chance to take a job 

c9c79789
Community Member

I badly wants to verify my identity since I'm a legit worker/freelancer. However, I can't, I'm just a student freelancing for experience too. I don't have such a goverment ID just a student ID.

Is there anyway I can?

Thank you!

Hi Christian,

~ AJ
Upwork

Hi AJ,

Thank you for your message and for checking my profile. I appreciate the suggestion to improve my profile and the resources provided through Upwork Academy. As I remember, I didn't submit an any ID for my profile to get verified. This is what I meant, it suddenly happened after I accept the offer of my client (See pic below).

I will take the time to review the courses and make any necessary changes to enhance my profile.

Best Regards,
Lei

ver.JPG

Hi Christian,

Thank you for reaching out. This verification is required in order for you to get the ID verification badge. This practice is just one part of our efforts to help keep Upwork safe. Please note in the future we may ask you to verify your identity again as part of our ongoing effort to keep Upwork secure and fraud-free.

~ AJ
Upwork
dde05ac5
Community Member

Hi there,

How can I tell if my upwork profile has been approved or not?

Thanks,
Danyal Khan Niazi.

Hi Danyal,

Thank you for reaching out to us and I would like to officially welcome you to Upwork! I'm happy to report that your profile has been approved. You can check this on your end by trying to submit a proposal. If you’re able to submit proposals, it means your profile was approved! 

I can also see that your account doesn't need further verification just yet. Please note that you will not be able to initiate the identity verification yourself and it cannot be requested. If the team finds the need for you to do it, you will receive an email detailing the instructions on how to complete your verification. You may want to check this help article for more information. 

~ AJ
Upwork
mshahzaib777
Community Member

Is my profile approved or not ?

ac5f81a6
Community Member

I opened an account on 23rd Jan but the account is still not approved.
What should I do now?

Hi Ajgor! I checked and it looks like your account registration has already been accepted. Welcome to Upwork! You should be able to start sending proposals to jobs in the Upwork marketplace. You may also want to check these few Upwork Academy courses below to help you get started:

Additionally, feel free to sign up for upcoming events and webinars to learn more about how you can boost your success on Upwork. Good luck!
~Andrea
Upwork
romeo-stalker
Community Member

upwork has been unable to approve my account for a month or more, I would like to ask support to help me with this and speed up this process, here is the link to the account  https://www.upwork.com/freelancers/~01b350e93ec8219cc8. 

this inscription says Your profile is under review

We will email you within 24 hours to let you know if your profile was approved. You will be able to submit proposals if it is approved.

romeostalker_0-1675606172228.png

Hi Roman,

~ AJ
Upwork

I have the same problem too. It's  been 2 months since I created my profile here but until today it is still not approved. I am waiting for too long.

AveryO
Community Manager
Community Manager

Hi Joab, 

I checked and it looks like your account registration has already been accepted. Welcome to Upwork! You should be able to start sending proposals to jobs in the Upwork marketplace. You may also want to check these few Upwork Academy courses below to help you get started:

~ Avery
Upwork
f10604f9
Community Member

Hi there...my profile has been under review for a while now, I received an email today saying that my profile needs to be reset because I haven't been working on Upwork...but I can't work because my profile is under review.

How can I resolve the issue?

Thanks 🙂

Hi Dennis,

~ AJ
Upwork
f6e4127a
Community Member

Hello! Nice to meet the person that reads this. Can you please approve my profile? It's been more than a month and it says my profile is 100 % completed. 

I want to know if I can start, I really need to, please answer me.

Hi Nicki,

I checked and can confirm that your account was accepted. Welcome to Upwork! 

For help getting started, please read up on the freelancer resources for great tips and insights on how you can work successfully on the platform. For more information about working safely through Upwork, please read these tips for avoiding questionable jobs. 

I hope this helps, and good luck! 

Thank you,

Pradeep

Upwork
e59556db
Community Member

Good evening!

More than a week has passed by and I am waiting for an email if my profile is accepted.

I thank you in advance for your information.

tiffhy
Community Member

Sirs/Mesdames,

My profile completion is already at 95% and haven't received any update yet if my profile is already approved or not. In addition,As much as I wanted to update my profile, no  "resubmit" button is reflected.

For your kind response, please.

Hi Tifanie! I checked and it looks like your account registration has already been accepted. Welcome to Upwork! You should be able to start sending proposals to jobs in the Upwork marketplace. You may also want to check these few Upwork Academy courses below to help you get started:

~Andrea
Upwork
e59556db
Community Member

Hello Upwork!

I want to know if my profile has been approved or not?

AveryO
Community Manager
Community Manager

Hi Mirisha,

~ Avery
Upwork
fcce7780
Community Member

I have created a basic profile in Upwork and it's still showing verification pending. This has been the case for some months now. Not sure what's the issue. Any help is greatly appreciated.

Sreerag,

Please click the "Get Support" button on the bottom right of the screen for assistance. Have a great day!

Hi William. Did that multiple times. There's no helpfule information I could find.

Hi Sreerag,

I checked and it looks like your account registration has already been accepted. You should be able to start sending proposals to jobs in the Upwork marketplace. You may also want to check these few Upwork Academy courses below to help you get started:

~ AJ
Upwork

Hi Moderator Annie Jane B - . I am not able to submit any proposals. It says,

Your profile is being reviewed. It must be approved before you can submit a proposal.

This has been the case for some months now.

Hi Sreerag,

I'm not able to replicate the issue you're having. Have you tried clearing your browser’s cookies or using a different browser? If the issue still persists, could you please share the following information so that we can forward it to our team to be investigated further?

• Browser/s used
  • Browser version
  • Machine’s OS
  • Machine’s OS version
  • Screengrab of the issue
  • Additional details that may help us/the team investigate your concern better

~ AJ
Upwork
Latest Articles
Featured Topics
Learning Paths