🐈
» Forums » New to Upwork » How can I know that my profile is approved?
Page options
agcaoili_dee_ann
Community Member

How can I know that my profile is approved?

How do I check if my profile is approved? Thank you

ACCEPTED SOLUTION
MichaelJ
Community Manager
Community Manager

Hi Dee Ann Jo,

Thank you for your message and welcome to Upwork! I'm happy to report that your profile has been approved. You can check this on your end by trying to submit a proposal. If you’re able to submit proposals, it means your profile was approved! 

Here are some resources I compiled to help you get started on Upwork; I suggest you review each of them carefully:

9 Tips to Help You Create a Freelancer Profile That Stands Out

Upwork Profiles: Why a Great Title and Overview Can Make a Difference

Sample Profiles and Best Practices

How to Create a Proposal That Wins Jobs

How to Write Proposals: Proven Advice From Freelancers on Upwork

Tips to Avoid Questionable Jobs

I hope this helps!

Mike

Cheers,
Mike

View solution in original post

577 REPLIES 577
fcce7780
Community Member

It has been some months since I joined the platform. It still shows profile under review. I don't know what's wrong. Some guidance will be really helpful.

Hi Sreerag,

I checked and it looks like your account registration has already been accepted. Welcome to Upwork! You should be able to start sending proposals to jobs in the Upwork marketplace. You may also want to check these few Upwork Academy courses below to help you get started:

Additionally, feel free to sign up for upcoming events and webinars to learn more about how you can boost your success on Upwork. Good luck!

~ AJ
Upwork

Hi Moderator Annie Jane B - . I am not able to send any proposals. The message says,

Your profile is being reviewed. It must be approved before you can submit a proposal.

This has been the case for some months now.

4d8ee189
Community Member

Hello im jaymarc 

Can i ask why my profile in upwork is under review right now as a freelancer any one can help me?

Hello Jaymarc,

I checked and it looks like your account registration has already been accepted. Welcome to Upwork! You should be able to start sending proposals to jobs in the Upwork marketplace. You may also want to check these few Upwork Academy courses below to help you get started:
Additionally, feel free to sign up for upcoming events and webinars to learn more about how you can boost your success on Upwork. Good luck!
~ Luiggi
Upwork
byron_henri
Community Member

How to check if account is Approved?

Thank you

Your account look good now. I can open and see it.

Hi Byron,

Thank you,
Pradeep
Upwork
ersr
Community Member

Can I verify by video call to pass verification by photo?

Hi Mikhail,

Thank you for reaching out to us. Our verification team will give instructions on how you can verify your account. Unless video call is required, you can complete the verification based on the instructions given to you.

I checked your profile and can see it is being reviewed. In the meantime, you can still work on improving your profile and resubmit it with any changes.

To help you create a complete and quality profile, check out these Upwork Academy courses:

If you experience any issues with your profile submission or review, please contact support by clicking the "Get Support" button that shows at the bottom right corner in the Upwork Help. You will be asked what type of account you need help with and to describe your issue or questions. Please select the best option for your situation. If you’d like to speak to an agent, you can request that via the chatbot.

~ AJ
Upwork
965afd8e
Community Member

I'm a newbie. Access was denied whenever I tried to view a job though I have been admitted. I'm in Vietnam. Plz help. Whether I need to change the location? 

**Edited for Community Guidelines**

Hello Trang,

Thank you for reaching out. I can see that you've already raised a support ticket regarding your concern. You can access your support tickets here. Note that support requests are responded to in the order they are received. Kindly allow 24-48 hours for the team to follow up with you and assist you further.

~ Luiggi
Upwork
925fda59
Community Member

Hello, I created my profile last weekend and I was expecting an email regarding the approval of my profile but didn't receive any. So, how can I check if my profile has been approved or not as a freelancer?

To check if your Upwork freelancer profile has been approved, you can follow these steps:

1. Log in to your Upwork account.
  2. Click on your profile picture at the top right corner of the screen.
  3. Select "Find Work" from the dropdown menu.
  4. Look for a notification at the top of the page that indicates the status of your profile. If your profile is approved, it will say "Congratulations! Your profile has been approved."
  5. Alternatively, you can click on "Create a Profile" in the "Find Work" section and check if you can access and edit your profile information. If you can, your profile has likely been approved.

If you are still unsure about the status of your profile, you can reach out to Upwork customer support for assistance. Keep in mind that it can take a few days for Upwork to review and approve new freelancer profiles, so be patient if you don't receive an immediate response.

If you can send proposals, it means your profile has been approved.

6f53f70a
Community Member

My name is Partha Paul. I have opened an account on Upwork recently. I have completed Profile Completeness 100% but how can I know if my account is verified or non-verified? I have checked other developers they have a verified icon and also a language-verified icon. Please help me

sajal36
Community Member

Partha - Welcome to Upwork. Try to submit the proposal and if it goes through than your profile is approved. You can always search community forum for the answers.. For e.g. please refer following thread for more information:- 

How can I know that Profile is approved 

You can apply to jobs and complete tasks right now. You will be asked for additional verification later. No need to wait it.

7902e0fe
Community Member

How can I know that my profile is approved?

Hi Yael,

Firstly, welcome to Upwork! I've checked and can confirm that your profile has been approved. You can now start submitting proposals to potential clients to validate the approval. 

Additionally, here are some resources I compiled to help you get started on Upwork; I suggest you review each of them carefully:

9 Tips to Help You Create a Freelancer Profile That Stands Out

Upwork Profiles: Why a Great Title and Overview Can Make a Difference

Sample Profiles and Best Practices

How to Create a Proposal That Wins Jobs

How to Write Proposals: Proven Advice From Freelancers on Upwork

Tips to Avoid Questionable Jobs

I hope this helps!

~ Arjay
Upwork
Community Member

Hello,

I submitted my ID for verification and visual verification a while ago. However, it is still showing the "We're reviewing your documents and will get back to you within 1 business day." note. How long will this take?

I would appreciate an urgent response to this.

Thank you.

Hi Arpan,

I checked your profile and can see it is being reviewed. In the meantime, you can still work on improving your profile and resubmit it with any changes.
To help you create a complete and quality profile, check out these Upwork Academy courses:
If you experience any issues with your profile submission or review, please contact support by clicking the "Get Support" button that shows at the bottom right corner in the Upwork Help. You will be asked what type of account you need help with and to describe your issue or questions. Please select the best option for your situation. If you’d like to speak to an agent, you can request that via the chatbot.

~ AJ
Upwork
a0a76d46
Community Member

I am experiencing the same problem,

I've submitted my ID since 4 days ago  but it is still showing the "We're reviewing your documents and will get back to you within 1 business day." note. How long will this take?

Hi Houssem,

~ AJ
Upwork

Be humble and your work will be done soon.
Community Member

Hi Muhammad,

~ Luiggi
Upwork
Community Member

Thanks for assistance.

bf810293
Community Member

hi good morning my ids still in review .

so please try to help me thanx

Hi Muhammad,

~ AJ
Upwork
fahimmuttakin
Community Member

I didn't get any email that notify about the account approve after creating my profile. What is the status? is my profile approved by Upwork?

Hi Fahim,

~ Luiggi
Upwork
b4008cc8
Community Member

• How can I know my profile is approved 

Hi Imran you are profile approved 

Screenshot_20230507_183154.jpg

F. M. FARSATH

Hi Imran,

Thank you for reaching out. You can check this on your end by trying to submit a proposal. If you’re able to submit proposals, it means your profile was approved. I checked your account and can confirm that it's already approved.

~ AJ
Upwork
f52185cf
Community Member

I was wondering if when will I start working haven't received any confirmation if I made it to Upwork...thank you

Hi Rhodaliz,

I checked and can confirm that your account was accepted. Welcome to Upwork! 

For help getting started, please read up on the freelancer resources for great tips and insights on how you can work successfully on the platform. For more information about working safely through Upwork, please read these tips for avoiding questionable jobs. 

I hope this helps, and good luck! 

Thank you,

Pradeep

Upwork
nurah1
Community Member

Hi, my name is Nurah. I uploaded my ID for verification two days ago, but I haven't received any updates yet. Additionally, I keep receiving pop-ups indicating that I need to verify it by 15/05/23. However, when I click on the verification link, it still shows that my ID is under review. Could you please let me know how long it will take to complete the verification process? I have attached a screenshot for your reference. Also I got my first contract and I want to continue working. Please help.

Hi Nurah,

~ AJ
Upwork
chamir988
Community Member

Can You Please Check my Profile is Approved or not??

Latest Articles
Featured Topics
Learning Paths