🐈
» Forums » New to Upwork » How can I know that my profile is approved?
Page options
agcaoili_dee_ann
Community Member

How can I know that my profile is approved?

How do I check if my profile is approved? Thank you

ACCEPTED SOLUTION
MichaelJ
Community Manager
Community Manager

Hi Dee Ann Jo,

Thank you for your message and welcome to Upwork! I'm happy to report that your profile has been approved. You can check this on your end by trying to submit a proposal. If you’re able to submit proposals, it means your profile was approved! 

Here are some resources I compiled to help you get started on Upwork; I suggest you review each of them carefully:

9 Tips to Help You Create a Freelancer Profile That Stands Out

Upwork Profiles: Why a Great Title and Overview Can Make a Difference

Sample Profiles and Best Practices

How to Create a Proposal That Wins Jobs

How to Write Proposals: Proven Advice From Freelancers on Upwork

Tips to Avoid Questionable Jobs

I hope this helps!

Mike

Cheers,
Mike

View solution in original post

583 REPLIES 583

Hi Maridonna,

Thank you for reaching out to us. I can see that you opened a support ticket regarding this issue and is now being assisted by one of our agents. If you wish to update the team with new information, I highly suggest that you post it on the ticket thread. When everything is in one place, we'll be more efficient in assisting you.

~ AJ
Upwork
eb8d220c
Community Member

Hey annie could you please help me. I want to verify my identity on upwork but the id verification part is not on my account. Could you please also check if my account was approved. I can send a proposal now but I am still not sure since the id verification section is not on my account.

Hi Mahir,

Thank you for reaching out to us. I'm happy to inform you that your profile has been accepted. You may now start submitting proposals to jobs you're interested in. Please also check this post and the freelancer resources to help you get started on Upwork.

Regarding the ID verification, I have checked your account, and looks like it doesn't need to be verified yet. Please note that you will not be able to initiate the identity verification yourself and it cannot be requested. If the team finds the need for you to do it, you will receive an email detailing the instructions on how to complete your verification. You may want to check this help article for more information. 

~ AJ
Upwork
ad8cb65c
Community Member

Hi, I just sent my ID in the Identity Verification almost a day from now and it just says 1 business day. Could you help me with this, I badly needed to get verified so I can renew my contract. This is a new account because my main account which Im talking to here needs to be verified and it is suspended. Please help me https://www.upwork.com/freelancers/~014eabd1f339e4d7ea here's the link of my account that I wanted to be verified thanks.

Hi Avery, I just created this account so I can reply in this community because my main account was suspended due to ID verification and I just sent my ID in Identity Verification almost a day from now and it just says that " 1 business day etc" Can you help me with these, badly needed the money I earn in that account and for the renewal of my contract in my currently client, thanks. https://www.upwork.com/freelancers/~014eabd1f339e4d7ea 

here is the link of my account

Hi Andrew,

Thank you for reaching out to us. I'm happy to inform you that your profile has been accepted! You may now start submitting proposals to jobs you're interested in. Please also check this post and the freelancer resources to help you get started on Upwork.

~ AJ
Upwork
7da58c2c
Community Member

Hi members,  I am very new to Upwork as I submitted  my profile  yesterday. I  can view jobs,  but when I  try to apply to them,nothing comes up.  Have I been approved?  Someone help me please.  Thanks. 

Hi Aurelia,

Thank you for your message. I checked and it looks like your account has already been accepted. You should be able to send proposals to jobs on the general marketplace. Please make sure you check the resources in this post to help you get started.

Thank you,

Pradeep

Upwork

Thank you for letting me know I have already been approved. Looking
forward to getting gigs. Warm regards.
Aurelia.
bfeacb1b
Community Member

bilsim
Community Member

I just checked your profile, and at this point, your profile is not approved (there should be a little blue badge next to your name, on the right-hand side, which indicates an approved profile).

Well, you just wait until Upwork sends you a profile verification email (this does not happen with every profile though, it's at Upwork's discretion to decide). Then you follow the Upwork's prompts from there.

Hi Celine,

I checked and it looks like your account has already been accepted. You should be able to send proposals for jobs on the general marketplace. Our team will reach out to you when you need to verify your Upwork account. Please make sure you check the resources in this post to help you get started.

Thank you,

Pradeep

Upwork
ee19eada
Community Member

What is the status of my account?
My account is approved or not?
When I try to submit a proposal it's redirecting to agency plus plan but I have 50 connect in balance.

Hi Nirav,

Thank you for reaching out to us. I checked and it looks like your account has already been accepted. Welcome to Upwork! You should be able to start sending proposals to jobs in the Upwork marketplace. You may also want to check the resources in this post to help you get started.

~ AJ
Upwork
7463b354
Community Member

Hi, How can I check if my profile is approved or not?

I clicked on your profile and can see it. It looks like you're good to go. 

Hi Ketan,

Thank you for reaching out to us. I checked and it looks like your account has already been accepted. Welcome to Upwork! You should be able to start sending proposals to jobs in the Upwork marketplace. You may also want to check the resources in this post to help you get started.

~ AJ
Upwork
bf52cc0a
Community Member

Hello dear admin,

I opened my Upwork account yesterday, I'm not sure if my account has been approved. Kindly help me check the approval status of my Upwork account. 

I look forward to hearing from you soon.

Hi Opeyemi,

Yes, your profile has been accepted. Welcome to Upwork! Feel free to start bidding on projects in the Upwork marketplace. You may also want to check out this thread - Getting Started on Upwork as well as our Resource Center; where you’ll find some excellent articles and learn more about Upwork.
~ Luiggi
Upwork
alamgir-amir
Community Member

I want to know if my profile has been aprroved or not?

Hi Alamgir! I checked and it looks like your account has already been accepted. Welcome to Upwork! You should be able to start sending proposals to jobs in the Upwork marketplace. You may also want to check the resources in this post to help you get started.

~Andrea
Upwork
88090e51
Community Member

I created an account on upwork which was supposed to be approved in 5 days but after 10 days my account was not approved.

can anyone help me to solve my this issue? (I created an account on upwork which was supposed to be approved in 5 days but after 10 days my account was not approved.)

Hi Badar! I checked and it looks like your account has already been accepted. Welcome to Upwork! You should be able to start sending proposals to jobs in the Upwork marketplace. You may also want to check the resources in this post to help you get started.

~Andrea
Upwork
88090e51
Community Member

My profile is approved or not ? Would you please review my profile & give me some suggestions to improve my profile?

Really I want to succeed on Upwork.

muhammadwaqas60
Community Member

Hello Upwork Team!

Can you please tell me is my profile approved?

Hi Muhammad,

I have checked and confirmed that your account has been approved. I can also see that you have 100% profile completeness and it's currently active. Let us know if you have other concerns.

~ Arjay
Upwork

Thank you!

mitchgutierrez
Community Member

Hi Michelle,

Thank you for reaching out to us. I checked your account and can confirm that it has already been approved. Can you please elaborate on what you're trying to submit so we can further assist you?

~ AJ
Upwork

I have updated my profile but there was no resubmit button. I did not received notification from upwork that my account was approve. 

Hi Michelle,

Thank you for your response. I have checked and confirmed that your account has been approved. You should be able to start sending proposals to jobs in the Upwork marketplace. You may also want to check the resources in this post to help you get started.

~ AJ
Upwork

Hi AJ,

Thanks for your response. I have raised another issue on ID verification wherein I cannot find the button to submit my govt ID. Can you please help? Thanks

Hi Michelle,

It doesn't look like you need to verify your account yet. Please know that verification cannot be requested. If the team finds the need to verify your account, you will be notified through an email, or through a notification in your account with more information on how you can complete the verification process.

~ AJ
Upwork
cc71bf39
Community Member

Hi, I opened an upwork account on September 1st and was told that within 24 hrs I'll receive an update if my account was accepted or rejected but till now, I haven't received any email, how do i know if my account is accepted or rejected?

Hi Rebecca,

I checked and can confirm that your profile has been accepted. Welcome to Upwork! You may want to check this video to help you get started with freelancing on Upwork.

~ Nikola
Upwork
b332f755
Community Member

Hi Mike, can you tell me if my profile has been approved? WHe I submitted my profile I seemed to be immediately able to access the proposal sumission page for jobs but I'd assumed I'd need to wait a while for the profile to be reviewed?

Thanks,

Eliot

Hi Eliot,

Thank you for reaching out to us. I have checked and can confirm that your account has been approved. You should be able to start sending proposals to jobs in the Upwork marketplace. You may also want to check the resources in this post to help you get started.

~ AJ
Upwork
83756c70
Community Member

how to know that if my accoubt is approved or not?

Hi Usman,

Thank you for reaching out to us. I have checked and can confirm that your account has been approved. You should be able to start sending proposals to jobs in the Upwork marketplace. You may also want to check the resources in this post to help you get started.

~ AJ
Upwork
Latest Articles
Featured Topics
Learning Paths