🐈
» Forums » New to Upwork » How can I post a job if I am myself a freelan...
Page options
bkkrunal
Community Member

How can I post a job if I am myself a freelancer?

HI all,

I am working as a freelancer here and want to post a job.

How can I do it?

Please suggest.

ACCEPTED SOLUTION
g_vasilevski
Retired Team Member
Retired Team Member

Hi Krunal,

You can be both a freelancer and a client on Upwork! You'll use the same account to log in to Upwork, but the two parts of your account will be kept entirely separate. 

To open a client account and hire freelancers, follow this steps:

1. Click the Accounts menu and choose Settings.
  2. Click the Create a company link at the bottom of the settings list on the left.
  3. Choose Create a client company.
~ Goran
Upwork

View solution in original post

9 REPLIES 9
g_vasilevski
Retired Team Member
Retired Team Member

Hi Krunal,

You can be both a freelancer and a client on Upwork! You'll use the same account to log in to Upwork, but the two parts of your account will be kept entirely separate. 

To open a client account and hire freelancers, follow this steps:

1. Click the Accounts menu and choose Settings.
  2. Click the Create a company link at the bottom of the settings list on the left.
  3. Choose Create a client company.
~ Goran
Upwork

Hi, I just tried this but didn't see a "create a company" option in the Settings menu. Has the UI changed? Where can I go to set up as a client on Upwork in addition to my freelance account?

Hi Patricia,

You can create a client account by going to Settings  My Teams and choose the Create New Account button at the bottom. For more information, please check out this help article. Thank you!

~ Joanne
Upwork

Hi there, I'm trying to accomplish this same thing and cannot figure it out. I tried Joanne's suggestion and clicked on "My Teams," but there is no link or button to create a new account. I attached a screenshot of the "My Teams" page below. What am I missing?

Hi Anthony,

Sorry about the inconvenience. Could you please try using this direct link while logged into your account? That should start the process of adding a client company to your existing account.

~ Valeria
Upwork

This seems to have worked. Thank you. Next question: how can I delete a client account? When I used the link you sent, it created two client accounts, but I only need one.

Anthony, 

We can go ahead and remove the duplicate account for you. Could you please respond to confirm that you'd like us to do that and we'll close the account that doesn't have a job posting yet. 

~ Valeria
Upwork

Yes, please close the account that doesn’t have a job posting. Thank you.

Done! You should now see only one freelancer and one client account in the drop down when clicking on the round image in the upper right corner, Anthony. Let us know if there is anything else we can help you with.

~ Valeria
Upwork
Latest Articles
Featured Topics
Learning Paths