🐈
» Forums » New to Upwork » How can I remove my very first feedback that ...
Page options
mariellak
Community Member

How can I remove my very first feedback that is negative

Hi - I’m relatively new to Upwork and my first contract has been just prematurely ended. The lady I was working with wanted me to work at times which I couldn’t make work with my full-time job. I’d told her that I can work those times but the past 2 weeks have been really busy at my work, so I couldn’t. Even though, there wasn’t anything specific to work on and I still could work during the weekend, she was very persistent that I’m available from Monday-Wednesday. In addition, she didn’t explain her requirements very well and her expectations. This was my very first contract and it was poorly paid for what she expected. I just want to know how the 3-star rating would impact my probability to get future contracts and if there’s a way to remove this feedback? As you can understand, I’m very disappointed given this was my very first Upwork experience.
4 REPLIES 4
NikolaS

Hi Mariela,

I am sorry to hear about this. Please know that only Top Rated or Top Rated Plus talent can occasionally request to remove client feedback. Please know that there are certain restrictions that apply to feedback removal. You can find more information in this help article

~ Nikola
Upwork
feed_my_eyes
Community Member

It was up to you to clarify your availability and ensure that you understood all of the client's expectations before you accepted her project, and if you weren't happy with the budget, then why bid in the first place? Once you've committed, you can't just tell a client that you're too busy and expect them to be understanding about it. It sounds to me - from your own account of what happened - that your client's review is honest. You're lucky that it wasn't worse.

Clients will generally expect an admin assistant to be available during normal working hours and not just weekends (if you can only work weekends, then your clients will also be forced to respond to your questions and deal with work matters during THEIR weekends). If you already have a busy full time job, you might want to consider finding a different type of service to offer.

gilbert-phyllis
Community Member

Christine covered the salient points well but I'm inclined to weigh in, too, for emphasis. Freelancing can be a good way to pick up extra money to supplement full-time employment if the freelancer understands that her clients do not and should not care about her other obligations. If you're deeply disappointed with how the contract turned out, imagine how the client feels. The first rule of professionalism in any field -- and it's non-negotiable -- is deliver what you promise. Admin support is probably the profession with the least wiggle room because whomever you are supporting is depending on you to help them meet their own obligations. 

researchediting
Community Member

Mariela K wrote:
....I’d told her that I can work those times but the past 2 weeks have been really busy at my work, so I couldn’t. Even though, there wasn’t anything specific to work on and I still could work during the weekend, she was very persistent that I’m available from Monday-Wednesday. In addition, she didn’t explain her requirements very well and her expectations. This was my very first contract and it was poorly paid for what she expected. I just want to know how the 3-star rating would impact my probability to get future contracts and if there’s a way to remove this feedback? As you can understand, I’m very disappointed given this was my very first Upwork experience.

I imagine your client was very disappointed that a freelancer told them they could do something that they couldn't. I imagine their feedback reflects that. I imagine if this were their first experience, they might be driven to give up and leave.

Clients come here for us to solve their problems, not to have to accommodate ours. It's up to us to prove we're worth the rates we've set, not to complain about being "poorly paid" at a price we've agreed to. As Christine pointed out, It's also up to us to understand client requirements and agree on (and sometimes firmly set) expectations before accepting an offer—or declining it, because it won't work for either party. 

Latest Articles
Featured Topics
Learning Paths