🐈
» Forums » New to Upwork » How can i add a profile picture
Page options
f0b32620
Community Member

How can i add a profile picture

How can i add a profile picture so when I texting with my freelancers they see who they are texting with? When I click on "Add a photo now" it takes me to my Password & Security settings and there's no where in my settings that will allow me to upload a profile picture. 

Screen Shot 2018-03-02 at 8.23.56 PM.png

ACCEPTED SOLUTION
cylver1z
Community Member

Hello Michael,

To add a profile portrait, you may go to your Settings, select My Info and then in the Account area, kindly hover your mouse to the default profile photo and the click it. A window will pop up in your screen where you can upload your profile photo. Please see screenshot attached. Thank you!

step1.pngstep2.pngstep3.png

Untitled

View solution in original post

38 REPLIES 38
cylver1z
Community Member

Hello Michael,

To add a profile portrait, you may go to your Settings, select My Info and then in the Account area, kindly hover your mouse to the default profile photo and the click it. A window will pop up in your screen where you can upload your profile photo. Please see screenshot attached. Thank you!

step1.pngstep2.pngstep3.png

Untitled

it doesn't work

BojanS
Community Manager
Community Manager

Hi Stephen,

Could you please clear your cache and cookies or log in with another browser to check if you’re still experiencing the same issue? Let us know if the issue persists. Thank you.

~ Bojan
Upwork
6efc5d74
Community Member

It doesn't work for me either, unfortunately. I've tried all the fixes and a new browser. If anyone else has ideas, that would be great.

Hi Lisa,

I've shared your concern with the team. One of our agents will reach out and assist you directly via a support ticket.

~ Joanne
Upwork
652bc9c7
Community Member

This is an issue for me too!

Hi Scott,

Are you having issues accessing the My Info section in Settings? Could you please try clearing your cache and cookies or logging in with a different browser to see if the issue persists?

Thanks!

~Andrea
Upwork
5c953506
Community Member

The Image Icon above is not clickable.. A dead link that doesn't open an upload image form?

BojanS
Community Manager
Community Manager

Hi there, 

Could you please clear your cache and cookies or log in with another browser to check if you’re still experiencing the same issue?

Let us know if the issue persists.

Thank you.

~ Bojan
Upwork
59d83935
Community Member

Same for me. Dead link.

Hi Louise,

Can you please try clearing your browser cache and cookies? Please let us know if the issue persists we can assist you further.

~ Luiggi
Upwork
fec7a021
Community Member

All the admins keep posting the same fix here even though numerous users have said this doesn't work. It's the same for me. The image is not clickable on any browser with cleared cache and cookies. Can you suggest something else?

Hi Ronn,

We certainly understand why you're upset. However, it looks like you were able to get a hold of the team via a phone call and a support ticket has been set up as well. We highly suggest you continue coordinating with the team through the same ticket here so that they can assist you accordingly and more efficiently.

~ Arjay
Upwork

It doesn't work. 

Hi Helena,

Do you mean you're not able to add your profile picture? Could you please check if the image you're trying to upload is in .jpg, .jpeg, .gif, .png format and at least 250px by 250px? Also, make sure that it's a clear photo of yourself, not a long shot and your face is clearly visible. If you still can't upload it after checking that, then please try clearing your cache and cookies and using a different browser and see if the problem persists.

Thank you,

~ Luiggi
Upwork
9dd6c619
Community Member

same here. Unable to click on the picture. No pop-up window, no way to load a photo

Hi Agnes,

Could you please try clearing your cache and cookies or logging in with a different browser to see if the issue persists?

~Andrea
Upwork

The image you are showing is not what we are seeing.

How do you add a photo to your profile?

upwork2.JPGupwork1.JPG

Please, why can’t I add my photo to my profile 

Hi Gideon,

Could you please try using a different browser or the incognito mode of your current browser? You may also try clearing your browser’s cache and cookies.

~Andrea
Upwork
3eabdc04
Community Member

I tried it but it is not working

Hi Gideon,

Thank you for your message. Could you please confirm the error message you get while trying to add a profile picture?

Thank you,

Pradeep

Upwork
reyessherill
Community Member

I clicked the add photo what I can do next?

Hello Sherill,

Once you click add photo on your profile settings page, choose a file, adjust and drag the circle to crop the photo to your face then click Save. You can refer to this help article for more information.

Thank you.

Pradeep H

Upwork

Hi Daniel,

Thank you for reaching out to us. To upload a picture, please follow the steps below:

Let us know if you need further assistance. 

~ Nikola
Upwork
52b012fc
Community Member

Hello,

Thank you for the reply.

It worked in Safari but was still stuck on Firefox. It was not possible to click on the blank picture.

Anyway, solved now. Thanks again

Same here. Clicking on the profile info prompts name, email, password and security question editing, but no profile picture. Same in Firefox and Chrome.

352217b2
Community Member

When I do that either with the Account section or the Company section I get the attached window only.

Hello Anita,

Thank you for your message.

You may update those additional details to add extra layers of security to your account before you add a profile photo. If you continue to receive that windown, could you please try again after clearing Cookies and Cache on your browser? You can also try using a different browser. Feel free to message us if problems persist.

Thank you.

Pradeep

Upwork
f26f38cf
Community Member

Clicking on company details does not work either. I get the same results. 

How do I add a profile picture?

upwork4.JPGupwork3.JPG

Hi Brandon,

I was not able to replicate any issues when trying to add a profile picture. Could you please try clearing your cache and cookies or logging in with a different browser to see if the issue persists?

If so, could you please share more details about what's happening so we could help?

~Andrea
Upwork
3075f7b4
Community Member

I had the same problem. The profile icon was not clickable until I added two-step security features to my account i.e. a new password and security questions. Once i did that, the profile image icon become clickable and I could upload a headshot. To get the image rightsixed for upwork 250 x 250 requrirement I used the following image converter site: https://convert-my-image.com/ImageConverter

My profile photo shows up fine in my freelancer section, but then when I go to my client section and to settings, it also shows that same picture, but the picture to me looks blank. I can't see anything in the client side.

BojanS
Community Manager
Community Manager

Hi Jeff,

Please go to Settings > Company Details section of your client account and click the round image to add your company logo or a real photo of yourself. 

Thank you! 

~ Bojan
Upwork
63ecafd7
Community Member

This whole thread cries for better service design. You are getting in the way of your own users with those stupid and needless security questions. I wonder how such a thing can exist on a big site like this. I haven't used a platform before where I had to Google for a solution to upload my picture. Also the company details could show the uploaded pic by default if the user doesn't want to upload a logo.

a361a5c2
Community Member

I am trying to upload my photo but getting error each time - 

ERROR : Value unit out of range for Intl.NumberFormat options property style, or contact customer support for more information.

b2aa91c0
Community Member

opening the profile dash board is a challenge any solution please

Hi Kingsley,

I want to check: are you getting an error when trying to check your dashboard? Could you please share more information so we can check?

~ Joanne
Upwork
Latest Articles
Featured Topics
Learning Paths