cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

How can i earn more than 2k from upwork per month?

Akash S Member Since: Feb 1, 2017
1 of 7

Hello Sir/Mam,

Recently I have started freelancing using upwork , Very best platform to work from home, but i need to increase my monthly income, can you please tell me what i need to do start monthly income >2k .

I am fully dedicated and hard working person.

Any suggestion/idea will really apprciated .

Regards,

Akash Shinde

Ioan Anton P Member Since: Feb 11, 2015
2 of 7

Hi,

It is possible to get your earnings to that mark and even higher. Please just note that this will not happen over night and it strongly depends on your performance and workload.

I have seen your profile and I am not doubting your skills, but keep in mind that a customer sees your new profile with no activity or feedback so you must work harder to proove your value at start.

Go trough the comunity forum and help center, make sure you understand how the system and the procedures are working and learn to create a sparkling cover letter, as the client has only that to make a judgement about you when considering you as a pontetial candidate and have an interview.

My advice (how I started 5-6 years ago and am sure many did):

- Take your time go trough the job posts and not apply desperately to all of them

- Go for smaller projects, bid for less to get you started and start maintaining relationships with clients. You can start building yourself a reputation, long-term collaborations and feedback for others to see.

- Make sure you satisfy your client and exceed his expectations

- Slovly and gradually as you start to gain relevance, increase your going rates and bids accordingly.

Bottom line:

If you are good and maintain good relationships with your clients and deliver great work quality with good ethics you can get to the point of earning $2k or even more on average.

Remember this is not a paid monthly job so you have to put the time and effort into getting your contracts and maintaining them

Remember - you are new you are competing with many seasoned and proven experts on the platform. Need to leave ego and expectations a bit lover to be sucessfull and than grow from there.

Welcome on board Smiley Happy

Community Guru
Charles K Member Since: Mar 6, 2017
3 of 7

At $10/hr, your stated rate, that's 200 billable hours a month. That's more than a full time 40 hour a week job.

I don't know of any individual that has ever been able to do that consistently here. I don't know of any individual that has even gotten close. I am sure there are a handful, but they'd be exceedingly rare.

Do yourself a favor and don't worry about hitting target numbers. It will just make you crazy.

Just keep bidding on jobs you are good at, satisfying clients, and making good connections. Your income will grow organically, you can eventually raise your rate, and in time the $2k will come on its own.

Community Guru
Petra R Member Since: Aug 3, 2011
4 of 7

@Charles K wrote:

that's 200 billable hours a month. That's more than a full time 40 hour a week job.

I don't know of any individual that has ever been able to do that consistently here. I don't know of any individual that has even gotten close. I am sure there are a handful, but they'd be exceedingly rare.

What is exceedingly rare? 200 billable hours a month? 

I can assure you that it is not rare at all, let alone "exceedingly" so.

Community Guru
Charles K Member Since: Mar 6, 2017
5 of 7

How could you possibly assure me of that? Smiley Happy

Taken in the context of the entire base of freelancers here, what percentage would you say it is?

Note that obviously if someone is basically being hired full time through Upwork, that's not really the same thing. I'm talking about doing project work, which is what the OP is after.

Also, how common is this for someone with the OP's area of work and level of experience? I would say close to non-existent.

The basic point is: don't worry about magic numbers, just do a good job and let your career evolve naturally.

Community Guru
Petra R Member Since: Aug 3, 2011
6 of 7

@Charles K wrote:

The basic point is: don't worry about magic numbers, just do a good job and let your career evolve naturally.

True Smiley Wink

Community Guru
Jennifer M Member Since: May 17, 2015
7 of 7

I'm aiming for 20-25 hours per week. I rarely get 40 hours and you have to realize this isn't full time work. Should also have multiple streams really.

A $10/hour programmer is prolly gonna run into tons of low level junk projects anyway so I dunno gonna be hard to keep a good track record with those people.

TOP SOLUTION AUTHORS
TOP KUDOED MEMBERS