🐈
» Forums » New to Upwork » How can i get work
Page options
bprabhan
Community Member

How can i get work

HI,

I'm Prabhanjan **Edited for Community Guidelines**. My working area is Data Entry, Web searchig. I'm so worried about my job, I've recently completed my first Project and Now I'm stuck on the 2nd job. I really don't understand why i can't get any project? I've sent proposals on jobs which perfectly match on my skill but even not get any response, also no invitation

could you please advise me to proceed further.

ACCEPTED SOLUTION
wlyonsatl
Community Member

Unless there is some definable difference between the quality of what you do and what your competitors do, it sounds like you need to find the price point where potential clients think they are getting good value-for-money. Some specialties on Upwork are commodities; it's all about the price.

For you, the price at which you can win proposals may be somewhere below the prices you've been quoting in your proposals.

You're going to have to test in order to find the pay rate your potential clients expect to pay.

Keep sending proposals and do the first 20 at 10% below the price you've been quoting, the next 20 at 20% below the price you've been quoting, etc.

If you start getting more responses at a certain level, that will give you some idea what pricing is competitive. If it's below what you think you should be paid, you'll have to either a) increase the measurable quality of the work you do (so you can charge a higher price) or b) find a source of income other than freelancing on Upwork.

View solution in original post

4 REPLIES 4
petra_r
Community Member

prabhanjan reddy b wrote:

HI,

I'm Prabhanjan **Edited for Community Guidelines**. My working area is Data Entry, Web searchig. I'm so worried about my job, I've recently completed my first Project and Now I'm stuck on the 2nd job. I really don't understand why i can't get any project? I've sent proposals on jobs which perfectly match on my skill but even not get any response, also no invitation.

Why is your profile title claiming you to be top rated when you are not? That looks dishonest.

You won't likely get invites. There are simply so many of you. It is unlikely a client will find you out of over 300 thousand freelancers.

Data Entry is dramatically overcrowded. Out of hundreds of thousands only a few will ever win a job. So you are a step ahead of most.

data entry.jpg

bprabhan
Community Member

Hi Petra, thank you for giving your support, i am most expierence in Data processing jobs (non voice jobs). can you please advise how to get more jobs. i already got one job only.

wlyonsatl
Community Member

Unless there is some definable difference between the quality of what you do and what your competitors do, it sounds like you need to find the price point where potential clients think they are getting good value-for-money. Some specialties on Upwork are commodities; it's all about the price.

For you, the price at which you can win proposals may be somewhere below the prices you've been quoting in your proposals.

You're going to have to test in order to find the pay rate your potential clients expect to pay.

Keep sending proposals and do the first 20 at 10% below the price you've been quoting, the next 20 at 20% below the price you've been quoting, etc.

If you start getting more responses at a certain level, that will give you some idea what pricing is competitive. If it's below what you think you should be paid, you'll have to either a) increase the measurable quality of the work you do (so you can charge a higher price) or b) find a source of income other than freelancing on Upwork.

Hi,

How can i get work, could you please provide tips.

regards,

Prabhanjan

Latest Articles
Featured Topics
Learning Paths