🐈
» Forums » New to Upwork » Re: How do I cancel a contract?
Page options
susanwinlowmedia
Community Member

How do I cancel a contract?

Hello,

I can't figure out how to cancel a contract. I've looked everywhere and can't figure out how to do it. 

ACCEPTED SOLUTION

I call it the "three dots" icon.

If you know what to look for, then it is pretty easy to find.

But if you don't know to look for that... Well, I remember when I was first using Upwork and I still recall that it was NOT easy to figure out how to close a contract.

Note that in various places (such as the user interface, different screens, Help documentation, discussions in the Forum, etc.), Upwork itself and/or its users uses different terms:

"cancel contract"

"end contract"

"close contract"

View solution in original post

4 REPLIES 4
wescowley
Community Member

You can close a contract from the "..." menu on the contract page.

But if you don't know to look for that... Well, I remember when I was first using Upwork and I still recall that it was NOT easy to figure out how to close a contract.

Note that in various places (such as the user interface, different screens, Help documentation, discussions in the Forum, etc.), Upwork itself and/or its users uses different terms:

"cancel contract"

"end contract"

"close contract"

Preston H wrote:

"cancel contract"

"end contract"

"close contract

It was a struggle. I finally found it - just before you posted!:) Now, I just keep my fingers crossed that he doesn't leave negative private feedback. No money changed hands, and no work was really done, so that's a good thing. It's just not a good match, and I think it could have been problematic down the road, at a more inconvenient time. Thanks for the help!

Susan W wrote:

It was a struggle. I finally found it - just before you posted!:) Now, I just keep my fingers crossed that he doesn't leave negative private feedback. No money changed hands, and no work was really done, so that's a good thing. It's just not a good match, and I think it could have been problematic down the road, at a more inconvenient time. Thanks for the help!

Unfortunately this will have a negative effect on your JSS when you get one. Upwork considers jobs with no earnings to be unsuccessful jobs, unless you get GOOD feedback. It's a pity they don't make that clearer, as it's not exactly obvious. It's a nasty pitfall for newcomers to Upwork. I was just lucky that I didn't fall into it.

Latest Articles
Featured Topics
Learning Paths