🐈
» Forums » Support » Re: How do I change my Country
Page options
tildes
Community Member

Can't change country

I signed up for Upwork while I was travelling but didn't finish my profile. My country is set to Serbia but I now live in the US. Every time I try to access the account settings page to edit location it just redirects me to the "create profile" page. How am I meant to change my country before submitting my profile for review?

ACCEPTED SOLUTION
AndreaG

Hi all,

This thread has been closed from further replies due to its size and because the information shared here is now outdated. We appreciate your participation in the Community.

Thank you!

~Andrea
Upwork

View solution in original post

3,983 REPLIES 3,983

please i want to change country from UK to Egypt

BojanS
Community Manager
Community Manager

Hi Mohamed,

Your country was updated as per your request. 

~ Bojan
Upwork
akankshasaxena69
Community Member

Hi Support,

I have created my account but accidentally I have not change my Upwork Country from US to INDIA and at the next step upwork want's my full address. I am trying to reach chat support but unable to and can't raise ticket from support as well. Appreciate, if you guide me for the steps so that I can change my country & complete my profile to get started.

Thanks!

Hi Akanksha,

Our team has changed your country to India, if you need further help let me know.

~ Goran
Upwork

Thank you so much for changing my country. I have updated all the info as requested in my profile and post that when I click on "Review Application & Submit" button, I redirect to the same page. I have tried several times therefore I am not sure how to move ahead. Please help!

Hi Akanksha,

Did you meant that once you click the button your redirected on the same page?
Did you try clearing your cache and cookies or log in with another browser to take the same actions?

~ Goran
Upwork

Did you meant that once you click the button your redirected on the same page?

Comment - Yes

Did you try clearing your cache and cookies or log in with another browser to take the same actions?

Comment - I am trying from incongnito window.

Hi Akanksha,

Thank you for the details, our team will investigate this further and contact you directly via ticket.

~ Goran
Upwork

Facing similar issue, kindly change my country from US to India

DG

Hi Deergha,

Your country is changed, thank you.

~ Goran
Upwork

Kindly change my country from UK to India.

BojanS
Community Manager
Community Manager

Hi Vanipriya,

Your country has been updated to India. Feel free to add the rest of the information on your profile.

Thank you!

~ Bojan
Upwork

I need change my country from US to India. Could you please help me with this.

Thank you

Hi John,

Our team changed your country back to India.

~ Goran
Upwork

Why is it that I so often see freelancers who have mysteriously and accidentally set their country to U.S. and now need to correct that? I recall only once seeing a freelancer who needed to change a country FROM a different country TO "U.S."

Can Upwork re-configure the user interface so that freelancers do not have such a hard time selecting their own country? Why is it that when the freelancers select the wrong country, it seems that the inaccurate choice is always the United States? Again -- can the interface be improved?

@Janean L wrote:

Why is it that I so often see freelancers who have mysteriously and accidentally set their country to U.S. and now need to correct that? I recall only once seeing a freelancer who needed to change a country FROM a different country TO "U.S."

Can Upwork re-configure the user interface so that freelancers do not have such a hard time selecting their own country? Why is it that when the freelancers select the wrong country, it seems that the inaccurate choice is always the United States? Again -- can the interface be improved?

It's a head-scratcher, isn't it ... a rather suspicious head-scratcher IMHO. And most times, even when a mod indicates that it's been changed, the name of a US city still remains. I don't get it.

Virginia F wrote:

@Janean L wrote:

It's a head-scratcher, isn't it ... a rather suspicious head-scratcher IMHO. And most times, even when a mod indicates that it's been changed, the name of a US city still remains. I don't get it.

I have signed up a few months ago and there was no default option. It is a regular drop-down menu.

Hi Janeane,

New users see a drop down menu asking them to select their country when they sign up for a new account on Upwork. We'll share your feedback with the team and see if there is a way we can make the process more straightforward to avoid so many of these instances.

~Nina

Hi, 

I acctidentaly set my country of residence to US intread of UK and can't go on setting my account. Also, I don't have an UK phone number so I can't verify my account which is really weird? Can I still verify my account without the phone number? Or is it mandatory to have an UK phone number?

Hi Cristiana,

I've just updated your country to UK, feel free to update the rest of your address now. Thank you.

~ Goran
Upwork

Goran V wrote:

Hi John,

Our team changed your country back to India.

Goran,

San Jose is not in India. Why doesn't Upwork make sure the city names are correct as well???

Virginia F wrote:

Goran,

San Jose is not in India. Why doesn't Upwork make sure the city names are correct as well???

Virginia,

We do, once the profile is submitted for a review and before it's accepted. That's not the case here.

~ Valeria
Upwork

Please change my country India form US

country field is dessable 

Hi Adm,

Your country has been updated to India.

Thank you!

~ Aleksandar
Upwork

Hi Goran,

Same issue i'm facing right now can you please help me in this case ?

Thanks & Regards

Sunanda

Hi Sunanda, 

Could you please confirm your country so that I can assist you? Thank you.

~ Goran
Upwork

Hi, by accident i set my country to US when registering but i´m in Panama.  Can you change my country so i can finish the registration process?

BojanS
Community Manager
Community Manager

Hi Manuel,

Your Country was updated to Panama, feel free to add the rest of your location information to your profile. Thank you.

~ Bojan
Upwork

Hi There, 

I have signed up upwork from the U.S. However, now I live in Turkey and can't apply for any jobs due to my current location is shown as USA. Could you please change my location? 

Thank you.

BojanS
Community Manager
Community Manager

Hi Merve,

Your country has been updated to Turkey. Feel free to add the rest of the information on your profile. Thank you!

~ Bojan
Upwork

Hi,

I am facing similar issue. Can you please change my country to India.

Hi Vishwak,

Your Country was updated to India. Thank you for reaching out to us!

~ Bojan
Upwork

I want to change my country to India. Please help me out. I wamt to enter address but due to wromg selection i am unable to proceed further

Hi Saksham,

Your country is now updated, thank you.

~ Goran
Upwork

I need to change my country from United states to Nigeria. I made a mistake during sign up. thanks

Hi Funmi,

I just checked your account and I can see that Nigeria is set as your country. Are you seeing another country on your end? Our team will also reach out to you via ticket as soon as possible and assist you further with your account. Thank you.

~ Goran
Upwork

would you change my country to kenya , it has been defaultly been set to US

Hi Mike,

Your country has been updated to Kenya as requested.

Thank you.

~ Aleksandar
Upwork

Hello, excuse me bothering you. Creating my account I selected US as my country thinking that in this way I would see job requests from this country. But I'm actually from Colombia, can you change my country to Colombia please? Thanks.

Email: **edited for Community Guidelines**

cylver1z
Community Member

Hi Juan,

I have escalated your request and one of our team representatives will reach out to you shortly. 

Thank you.

Untitled
Latest Articles
Featured Topics
Learning Paths