cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

How do I change my Country

John D Member Since: Feb 16, 2018
11 of 39

I need change my country from US to India. Could you please help me with this.

Thank you

Goran V Moderator Member Since: Mar 24, 2017
12 of 39

Hi John,

Our team changed your country back to India.

Untitled
Community Guru
Janean L Member Since: Apr 6, 2016
13 of 39

Why is it that I so often see freelancers who have mysteriously and accidentally set their country to U.S. and now need to correct that? I recall only once seeing a freelancer who needed to change a country FROM a different country TO "U.S."

Can Upwork re-configure the user interface so that freelancers do not have such a hard time selecting their own country? Why is it that when the freelancers select the wrong country, it seems that the inaccurate choice is always the United States? Again -- can the interface be improved?

Community Guru
Virginia F Member Since: Feb 15, 2016
14 of 39

@Janean L wrote:

Why is it that I so often see freelancers who have mysteriously and accidentally set their country to U.S. and now need to correct that? I recall only once seeing a freelancer who needed to change a country FROM a different country TO "U.S."

Can Upwork re-configure the user interface so that freelancers do not have such a hard time selecting their own country? Why is it that when the freelancers select the wrong country, it seems that the inaccurate choice is always the United States? Again -- can the interface be improved?

It's a head-scratcher, isn't it ... a rather suspicious head-scratcher IMHO. And most times, even when a mod indicates that it's been changed, the name of a US city still remains. I don't get it.

Community Guru
Martina P Member Since: Jul 11, 2018
15 of 39

Virginia F wrote:

@Janean L wrote:

It's a head-scratcher, isn't it ... a rather suspicious head-scratcher IMHO. And most times, even when a mod indicates that it's been changed, the name of a US city still remains. I don't get it.

I have signed up a few months ago and there was no default option. It is a regular drop-down menu.

Community Guru
Nina K Member Since: Nov 29, 2017
16 of 39

Hi Janeane,

New users see a drop down menu asking them to select their country when they sign up for a new account on Upwork. We'll share your feedback with the team and see if there is a way we can make the process more straightforward to avoid so many of these instances.

~Nina
Cristiana B Member Since: Oct 4, 2018
17 of 39

Hi, 

I acctidentaly set my country of residence to US intread of UK and can't go on setting my account. Also, I don't have an UK phone number so I can't verify my account which is really weird? Can I still verify my account without the phone number? Or is it mandatory to have an UK phone number?

Goran V Moderator Member Since: Mar 24, 2017
18 of 39

Hi Cristiana,

I've just updated your country to UK, feel free to update the rest of your address now. Thank you.

Untitled
Community Guru
Virginia F Member Since: Feb 15, 2016
19 of 39

Goran V wrote:

Hi John,

Our team changed your country back to India.

Goran,

San Jose is not in India. Why doesn't Upwork make sure the city names are correct as well???

Valeria K Moderator Member Since: Mar 6, 2014
20 of 39

Virginia F wrote:

Goran,

San Jose is not in India. Why doesn't Upwork make sure the city names are correct as well???

Virginia,

We do, once the profile is submitted for a review and before it's accepted. That's not the case here.

~ Valeria
Untitled
TOP SOLUTION AUTHORS
TOP KUDOED MEMBERS