🐈
» Forums » New to Upwork » How do I invite clients to Upwork?
Page options
dsmgdesign
Community Member

How do I invite clients to Upwork?

How do I invite clients to Upwork so that I can start working with them here? My main motivation for doing this is that I want to increase the number of clients I work with through the platform so that Upwork can calculate a JSS for me. I also want to be sure they work with only me at the same time. 

6 REPLIES 6
petra_r
Community Member

@David S M wrote:

I also want to be sure they work with only me at the same time. 

You can't have it both ways lol... When you bring a client they have the same access to every freelancer on the site every other client has.

To bring a client just send them the url of your profile.

They will then be prompted to either log in or sign up.

I would like to give them step by step instructions on how they can select me as their designer. could you help with that? 

Hi David,

Your client will need to sign up for a client account  as Petra mentioned on the following link, post a job as explained here , verify their  payment method and send an offer to you by using your profile link that you can send him/her. Thank you.

~ Goran
Upwork

@David S M wrote:

I would like to give them step by step instructions on how they can select me as their designer. could you help with that? 

Send them the link to your profile

This is what they'll see: - All they have to do is follow the steps signing up etc.

Thanks so much. That's helpful. If they reach out to me directly like this, and the client gives me a good review, will Upwork count it when they calculate my JSS just as they do with clients who hired me after bidding on their project? 

AveryO
Community Manager
Community Manager

Hi David, 

Regardless if you find your client on Upwork, or bring your client from outside, the feedback they leave (both public, and private), will count towards your Job Success Score calculation. You may read this help article to know more about how your score is calculated. 

~ Avery
Upwork
Latest Articles
Featured Topics
Learning Paths