🐈
» Forums » New to Upwork » How do I know if I got hired for the job? The...
Page options
8b88f6b8
Community Member

How do I know if I got hired for the job? The interviewer told me to get started on their site.

**Edited for Community Guidelines**

1 REPLY 1
AndreaG

Hi Kimberly,

I checked and it doesn't look like you have an active contract on your account. You can check this in My Jobs. We strongly advise against doing any work on a client's project before there is a contract in place on Upwork. If you don't have a contract you're not protected by our Payment Protection programs

I also noticed that a client has asked you to move the conversation outside of Upwork. Please know, communication outside of Upwork before a contract is in place is against our Terms of Service. We find that when users communicate outside of Upwork there is an increased risk of fraud, scam, and other harmful behaviors. When communications (and work) stay on our platform we can better track, verify, and help address any issues that emerge, and as a result the potential for these behaviors to cause harm decreases dramatically. For example, the vast majority of scammers that successfully take advantage of talent do so by going off the platform. To learn more about staying safe on Upwork, click here.

I will go ahead and flag this client to the team for a review,

~Andrea
Upwork
Latest Articles
Featured Topics
Learning Paths