🐈
» Forums » New to Upwork » How do I know if my client has viewed my appl...
Page options
678aa291
Community Member

How do I know if my client has viewed my application?

Upwork does not send any notification through email nor does it show any info that clients / recruiter have viewed the application.

I am totally lost and dont know if my application have reached my client or not

Can anyone help me on this?

20 REPLIES 20
d26d5d29
Community Member

You just have to look under Find Work>Proposals, shows all the proposals you have sent, and will show on the right if it was viewed.
You do get notificatons when a proposal is viewed.

viewed.jpg

Thank you so much for the details. I did check that. There are NO
viewers 😬

Thank you Steven, I did check under Find Work>Proposals, there is no option like "Viewed by Client" 

I submitted 14 proposals but non of them have eye to view it. I am disappointed 😑

Thank you again for your reply and directions to go through the options.

Hi Varahi,

This feature is in testing. We’re hoping to expand soon, stay tuned! 

Thank you,

Pradeep

Upwork

It isn't an option that you turn on or off. If your proposal has been viewed, it just shows it.

Hello Steven

I tired looking out in Notification and Settings to turn on the "Client View" but there is no such options to set.

I still dont know if my applications have reached the clients or not.

Looks like Upwork has kept my account ON Hold. I dont know why??

It is very disappoint.

Looks like I have use other Job Portals to apply for jobs 😬

Hi Varahi,

Thank you for your message. I am sorry to hear how you feel. I checked your account and I can confirm that your account is not on hold. If you are referring to the Proposal view feature not being available to you, I would like to clarify that we usually test a new feature with a specific number of users before we expand it to everyone. 

Thank you,

Pradeep

Upwork

Good day,
I have been sent from pillar to post form all sorts of communities on this point and I in the same boat as tshe OA of this post. It would be really nice to have this feature for all as it seems everyone in the north west has this feature but again Africa is at the bottom of the barrel.

Is there some sort of timeline as to when we all can equally benefit from this amazing feature to at least know if the time and effort to craft a proposal for a job has been viewed. 

It is an amazing metric to use because if people are viewing and not accepting you, there could be some possible improvements to be made to increase our chances of success.

how will i know if they will accept my proposal?

Hi Shaina,

Not accept your proposal, but rather you'll know that they responded to your proposal and is interested in interviewing you if you receive a message from them.

~ AJ
Upwork
41e30cb0
Community Member

Hi how are you Upwork has its own policy first it check's the proposal sent
by you and then sends it to the client it all depends on the client whether
he accepts your proposal or not you just keep trying. I hope that the day
will be successful for you

Thank you Muhammad. Ok. But even if Upwork members check my proposals, are they sending it to client? Proposal sent on 12th March is still has NO Viewer. 

Thank you for your encouraging and supportive words. 

PradeepH

Hi Varahi,

You can check the number of viewed proposals under the Analytics section on your My Stats page.

Thank you,

Pradeep

Upwork

Hello Pradeep

Yes, I did check My Stat - But How do I know if it was viewed by my Clients or Community Members? Who viewed it is not mentioned in My Stat 🤔

I submitted 20  Proposals -  non of them have a viewer or reply from the clients... Looks like my account is on HOLD.

One more doubt:

Even though I have submitted all my Tax documents - In the section it says "Completed" But I get a flash message on the top of page - Click here to add PAN as soon as possible - When I click "here" - all details are completed 

what do i do next to get this flash message go?

678aa291_1-1679564302278.png

Hi Varahi,

Thank you for the follow-up question. You have the option to select 'Proposals' and time frame from the drop down to check the views on submitted proposals. 

I will share your report related to the message to update PAN details with our team and one of our agents will reach out to you using a support ticket to assist you further. You can access your support tickets here .

Thank you,

Pradeep

Upwork

Dear Pradeep,

Thank you, your team helped me solve the Tax details.

But the proposals which are submitted does not have viewers. There is no drop down option when I select 'Proposals' - to check views on submitted proposals.

This is highly demotivating. I paid for Freelancer Plus but still do not get these option to check the least information - whether my proposals are viewed by the clients or not.

Please see the screenshot below - I do not have an EYE icon to check if the proposals are viewed or not.

678aa291_0-1680014199427.png

All my proposals are not viewed by my clients...

Very disappointing and demotivating 

Repeated reply........It IS NOT an option that you turn on or off. If your proposal has been viewed, it just shows it.
Your proposals have not been viewed, no more complicated than that.

So you mean to say there are NO Views to my submitted proposals for past one month

How do I know the reason why there are no Views? 

I submitted proposals to different clients. How is it possible that None of them have Viewed it?

Exactly, no views.
Your rate is WAY too high for not having any completed jobs, and the services you offer.

sheikolii
Community Member

I understand what you Mean! Here are some Tips That can actually help

Finding Proposal View:

click Find Work - Proposal you can Find Whoever viewed your Proposal

sheikolii_0-1690694056345.png

The Million Dollar Question is Why No one hasnt even Checked My proposal?

Here are some tips that can help you:

Choose A micro Niche :

Example: Instead of Website Development , you can choose Website Development for Real Estate: 

You might think you are capable of Serving Multiple Industry, But When you micro Target, People feel more Confident and likely to give you a Chance.

Dont use the suggested Jobs

Search keywords instead of applying directly from the Suggested . Not All jobs are listed in More Recent/Best Matches. Because 90% of the competition is just lazy and keep apply from the Suggestion tabs.  Take some time and Search !  I believe you will find your Client over there!

Write Short Action Oriented Proposal

Dont use Ai chatbots! Take couple of Mins and write your proposals. Make it Action Oriented Instead of Proving Yourself in the Proposal Itself. 

Ask them to Message you so you can Demonstrate how you can help the Client.

Proposal that were under 7 sentence always worked well than long proposals for me

start with a hook that Creates Curiosity

What If I say I Manage 10+ brands across various Industries for Email Marketing and Produced Results?

Then build Trust :

Showcase 2 of your work

Then showcase why you are the best:

I have produced Consistent Results for 4 years and blah ....

Tell them to take 1 Action.

Dont give Multiple choice and make them think. Ask them to do One thing that is to Message you back

I wanna show you the whole process of how I was able to get them Results and How I will bring Results. Would you Consider it? Awaiting reply

Add FAQ

FAQ

your Project will be delivered in 2 -7 days

there will be clear communication and stages of approval

This is my Entire Proposal 

**Edited for Community Guidelines**

Latest Articles
Featured Topics
Learning Paths