Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

How do I land the first job?

Highlighted
Hui Lei O Member Since: Jul 2, 2017
1 of 6

Hi there, 

I am new to Upwork for almost a week and was wondering if my profile is good enough for me to attract clients? I had submitted alot of proposals but have not received any replies thus far. May I know how long does it usually take for a client to get back to us? And how do we know if they had hired for the job? 

Welcome any advices and feedbacks to improve myself on Upwork! 

Highlighted
Community Leader
Patricia M Member Since: Aug 8, 2016
2 of 6

Hello, Hui

All I can say is that you need to be patient. Your first opportunity is coming soon. You can c the activity for the job in the right side of the proposal sheet. About your profile I'm not an expert but I wouldn't say "I only submit proposals for jobs that I can do best with reasonable price and works well with tight deadlines" it doesn't sound nice to me. Try to be easy going and nice.

Highlighted
3 of 6

Hi there Patricia, 

Thank you for the feedback. I shall look into that. Smiley Happy 

Highlighted
Ace Contributor
Jae Sung K Member Since: Jun 25, 2017
4 of 6

Tailor your proposals for each client and make sure you show them you really know your work. Writing a good proposal is key. It took me a week from signing up to figure that out and get my first offer. 

Highlighted
5 of 6

I had been doing some research on how to write the best cover letters and I hope it helps! Thanks for the feedback! 

Highlighted
Community Leader
Zeeshan T Member Since: Jul 4, 2016
6 of 6

Check out this guide. https://content-static.upwork.com/blog/uploads/sites/3/2016/.../Freelancer-Guide.pdf Ignore the "rising talent" paragraph as that's not valid for now. This guide has everything to get you started.

"Not a minor"
TOP SOLUTION AUTHORS