🐈
» Forums » New to Upwork » Re: How do I post a job that requires design ...
Page options
3c4c368c
Community Member

How do I post a job that requires design and development?

How do I post a job the requires a Brand Idenity Kit, Landing Page Design and Web development?

Do I need to seperate each phase?

6 REPLIES 6
prestonhunter
Community Member

For best results, post them separately.

Different types of tasks require different skill sets. Higher-quality freelancers will be interested in proposing to jobs that are specific and use one area of specialization.

If you combine everything together into one job posting, you WILL get proposals. But the proposals will be more likely to come from the freelancers who fancy themselves to be a "jack of all trades."

Which means, by definition, that they are the "master of none."

Many freelancers have the mindset that they can do ANY task. If they get hired for something, they will do a Google search and see what they can find that is similar to what you need, and they will copy things from the Internet and send that to you. The work turned in by such freelancers is typically sub-par and often unusable.

I echo Preston's suggestion.  All three are different skill sets.  Also, you may get many proposals from 'farmers'.  They basically will write anything to get your job and if they win they would turn around and hire some low cost provider. 

I would suggest branding kit first.  That way you have logo, color scheme and font selection (tell the branding kit person to use only free google fonts).  Then landing page and then interior pages.  For that you may want also to  get help from some seasond content writers.

Another thing is images - avoid using stock photos of people.  I see same people in hundreds of sites.  There is a same girl who answers the phone, uses computer or calculator.......

Of course all this depends on your budget. 

It could be wise to hire a project manager. And put the project manager in charge of getting the work done at the level of quality you need.

Consider these factors:

Do I want to save time? Or can I spend a lot of time on this?

Do I have an ample budget to spend to get this done really well? Or am I on a tight budget, and quality is not a major concern?

If you want to SAVE TIME and if you have a sufficient budget, then you could hire an experienced project manager and ask her to hire the various people needed to get the work done.

@Preston H wrote:

<snip>

If you want to SAVE TIME and if you have a sufficient budget, then you could hire an experienced project manager and ask her to hire the various people needed to get the work done.

Or him. Plenty of good PM's here on Upwork.

Project Manager?

It all depends on budget and complexity of the task.  If all you need is a few pages in a website of a service oriented profession you do not need to blow your budget in hiring a project manager.  There are simple easy websites (brochure ware) and there are google or facebook size websites.

We have no idea regarding the extent of the original poster's needs. He says he needs design and web development.

Which could entail a wide range of possibilities.

Is this a $500 project? A $50,000 project? We don't know.

Latest Articles
Featured Topics
Learning Paths