🐈
» Forums » New to Upwork » Re: How do I receive my first project on Upwr...
Page options
da77a391
Community Member

How do I receive my first project on Upwrok?

Hi there,

I'm fairly new to Upwork, quarantine has led me here!

I provide services in a very specific niche (Medical consultation for business, medical content creation, and so on). I have applied for around 10 jobs, all of which I think I fit perfectly in but haven't received a single response back. 

Am I doing something wrong or should I just be patient?

I feel that the fact that I don't have any reviews or experience on Upwork is working against me. How can I overcome that? 

Thanks

2 REPLIES 2
martina_plaschka
Community Member

Ferass A wrote:

Hi there,

I'm fairly new to Upwork, quarantine has led me here!

I provide services in a very specific niche (Medical consultation for business, medical content creation, and so on). I have applied for around 10 jobs, all of which I think I fit perfectly in but haven't received a single response back. 

Am I doing something wrong or should I just be patient?

I feel that the fact that I don't have any reviews or experience on Upwork is working against me. How can I overcome that? 

Thanks

Everybody starts with no history, so that is not counting against you. 10 proposals is nothing, just keep at it. 

When I keep seeing no reviews is working against me. No rating blah blah, I find it quite funny. The truth is most clients don't even look at those things anymore. I have seen a freelancer with 65jss score having open jobs of more that 5 for month of July, most clients have figured that upwork rating system is not accurate, if you go through this community you see people complaint of loosing 100%jss because of a single 4 star review to 80%. Just submit very strong samples. If your samples can outweigh the client with even 500 jobs, my dear you will get that job instantly. Doing 500jobs doesn't guarantee you will get that particular job right, also as doing no jobs won't. Doctors save people, but they are people they can't. I hope this helps.
Latest Articles
Featured Topics
Learning Paths