🐈
» Forums » New to Upwork » How do I see projects I've completed?
Page options
kimbies7
Community Member

How do I see projects I've completed?

I completed a small project for a client this afternoon. The client sent an email to me with instructions; I logged on to the voice recording site and completed the required work. I sent an email back to the client to inform him (as requested).

When I look under 'My Jobs' on Upwork, the project is not there. Have I made a mistake somewhere? How will I get paid for this if the client hasn't confirmed to Upwork that he hired me for the project? 

7 REPLIES 7
majidali99
Community Member

Hii Kim,
Have you received an offer from the client and you had accepted that offer? If not then UW can't do anything because you didn't make any contract with the client.

Regards,
Majid

re: "Have I made a mistake somewhere?"

Yes. You won't get paid for this job.

But that is okay!

Because I believe you will learn from your mistakes and do better next time.

Indeed! I won't be making the same mistake again!

Thanks for your response 🙂 

A link was sent to me through Upwork, and I clicked on it to confirm my acceptance. The client then contacted me via email and gave me instructions. This was my first project on Upwork and my ignorance cost me a few dollars. A lesson well learnt!

AveryO
Community Manager
Community Manager

Hi Kim, 

I'm sorry to confirm that you did not have any contract with this client. We highly recommend that you only start working on a project once the client sends you an offer through Upwork, you accept it, it's showing as an active contract on your My Jobs page, and the client's payment method is verified. 

I highly recommend that you read up on the freelancer resources we have compiled, for great tips and insights on how you can work successfully on the platform. Please also pay attention to the Safety First! section of the resources, and these tips for avoiding questionable jobs for more information about working safely through Upwork.

~ Avery
Upwork
kimbies7
Community Member

I thought as much. My fault for rushing into something before being sure of how the site works. 

A lesson learnt!

Kim M wrote:

I thought as much. My fault for rushing into something before being sure of how the site works. 

A lesson learnt!

You might have encountered an outright scammer, who never intended to pay you, or a more serious but not so nice person who took advantage of your inexperience and decided, well, the task is completed, what the heck, I don't feel the urge to pay her. The latter might have a good history, reasonable hiring rate, but took advantage of the fact that without a contract, you are unable to leave your honest feedback for him. 

If you have any doubts about how the platform works, feel free to ask your questions here any time, and remember never to work a single minute before you have a contract in place. 

Latest Articles
Featured Topics
Learning Paths