🐈
» Forums » Freelancers » How do I send an invoice to my client?
Page options
wonash01
Community Member

How do I send an invoice to my client?

How can I send an invoice to a client, we were talking through message and came to an agreement 

11 REPLIES 11
prestonhunter
Community Member

It is not Upwork's intention that you send an invoice to your client.

It is Upwork's intention that your client create a fixed-price or hourly job contract, send a "Hire" offer to you, and you use that to do your work and get paid.

BojanS
Community Manager
Community Manager

Hi Wondabeka,

I checked your account and unfortunately can confirm that the client did not send you an offer just yet. Please do not work on any project until a client has sent you an offer, you have accepted it, it's showing on your My Jobs page as an active contract, and the client's payment method is verified.

I would recommend that you read up on the Safety First! section of the freelancer resources we have compiled here, and these tips for avoiding questionable jobs, for more information about working safely through Upwork.

Thank you!

~ Bojan
Upwork
g_mutie
Community Member

I worked on the first milestone and it was paid, for the second job the client told me to invoice her, how do i do it?
BojanS
Community Manager
Community Manager

Hi Geoffrey Munyao,

Please speak with your client about creating a new milestone or issuing a bonus payment on the contract you're referring to. Please check this help article and make sure not to start working until a new milestone is created and fully funded.

Thank you!

~ Bojan
Upwork

Hello what if there's no contact but client asking for an offer for a test job

Hi Mary,

I would like to clarify that asking for free work is a violation of our TOS. However, you and your client can form a contract for the test and negotiate about the price you will charge them. 
If someone has asked you to finish any work for free, feel free to share the details with me via PM (click on my name). Thank you.

~ Goran
Upwork
Community Member

Please can you help me out, My Client and I agreed on half payment based on the fact that the job can't actually be successful, she doesn't want to expose her account, according to her.

Now she wants me to send an invoice for her to make half payment.

Please what do I do?

Hi Gloria,

Thank you for reaching out to us. The client has the option to release a partial payment to you. However, it looks like your client has already requested a refund and the whole amount would be refunded to the client if you approve this request. Kindly speak with your client that you will dispute the request in order for the dispute case to be forwarded to our dispute team. One of our dispute agents would assist you in splitting the payment.

You may check this article for more information.

~ AJ
Upwork

Sorry is this going to affect my job success score

Hi Gloria,

The effect the contract will have on your JSS will depend on the outcome of the contract itself. In other words, if the client provides you with positive or poor feedback, that may impact your overall score.

~ Luiggi
Upwork

re: "Please can you help me out, My Client and I agreed on half payment based on the fact that the job can't actually be successful, she doesn't want to expose her account, according to her. Now she wants me to send an invoice for her to make half payment. Please what do I do?"

Sorry that this one didn't work out.

I think it is clear that the client is not highly motivated to pay you money.

The Forum Moderator says that your client requested a full refund.

You should choose whether or not you want to dispute this or not.

If you do NOT want this to continue at all, then you may simply agree to the client's request, and ALL the money will go back to the client.

If you want money from this client, then do NOT agree to the refund.

Take the matter to a dispute.

The client can not get ANY money back unless she comes to an agreement with you.

You could tell her that you will agree to HALF payment, and and will let her get some money back immediately.

Latest Articles
Top Upvoted Members