Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

How do I start to get work?

Debabani B Member Since: Jan 2, 2017
1 of 6

To

All of my well-wisher from Upwork team

Hello,
I’m Debabani, an over decade experienced Graphic Designer and a Visual artist. I am a team player to the core but am also at complete ease when working alone. 

I have created my profile at Up work above a month. I have submitted a number of proposals, but no response are there. I do not understand what is the process of starting work here? 

Recently moved to California from India. I am struggling with a new culture, new workplace and language. Feeling helpless. Need help to move forward to the success with your support.
My career has been driven by my positive mindset, sincerity, tenacity and creativity. I know with your support I will start my career here soon.

I wanted to know - Is there any problem in my portfolio or something else going wrong? 

Thanking you in advance for your support and attention.

Thanks & regards,

Debabani Banerjee

Marilyn M Member Since: Mar 12, 2017
2 of 6

I really don't know what you have to do to be hired. I have more time than you and I havevn't, this is just dissapointing.

Syed Iftikhar Huss S Member Since: Mar 12, 2017
3 of 6

marilyn m,  am also waiting for kind reply from my  client, because used all my connects but still did not have any client reply,  but i hope so soon i will recieve reply from my client very soon,

Community Guru
Katrina B Member Since: Jan 9, 2011
4 of 6

@debabani B wrote:

To

All of my well-wisher from Upwork team

Hello,
I’m Debabani, an over decade experienced Graphic Designer and a Visual artist. I am a team player to the core but am also at complete ease when working alone. 

I have created my profile at Up work above a month. I have submitted a number of proposals, but no response are there. I do not understand what is the process of starting work here? 

Recently moved to California from India. I am struggling with a new culture, new workplace and language. Feeling helpless. Need help to move forward to the success with your support.
My career has been driven by my positive mindset, sincerity, tenacity and creativity. I know with your support I will start my career here soon.

I wanted to know - Is there any problem in my portfolio or something else going wrong? 

Thanking you in advance for your support and attention.

Thanks & regards,

Debabani Banerjee

You need to change your profile pic ASAP to a real one of yourself because the one you have is against TOS and can get you suspended. 

"Fairness is giving all people the treatment they earn and deserve. It doesn't mean treating everyone alike-Coach John Wooden"
Community Guru
Mary W Member Since: Nov 10, 2014
5 of 6

Debabani B -

I would advise cleaning up the gramar on your profile.  There are quite a few mistakes.  And, as Katrina said, your profile picture must be a real photo of you.

Hang in there...work will come.

Community Guru
Maria T Member Since: Nov 12, 2015
6 of 6
Hi Debabani, In your overview you say "All of the members of our team are qualified in Graphic designing and composing field". If it is your personal profile, you should talk about yourself, not about a team.
TOP KUDOED MEMBERS