Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

How do I turn off us-only by default

Highlighted
Ace Contributor
Jason T Member Since: Sep 15, 2017
1 of 23

When I search for jobs, 'US-Only' is turned on by default. I don't want it on. I don't care where jobs are and I'm proficient in enough foreign languages to make it very worth my while. It's extremely irritating to have to turn off US-only every time I do a search. I looked around but I haven't been able to find a button. Any help?

Highlighted
Community Guru
Ines H Member Since: Feb 15, 2017
2 of 23

Jason, I've already submitted a ticket about this (I'm not in the US at all), and I've been told that "this is by design". I've also asked them to stop turning it on by default and have received no reply. Hopefully the mods can help expedite this request.

Highlighted
Valeria K Moderator Member Since: Mar 6, 2014
3 of 23

Hi Jason,

The toggle is set to U.S.-only by design and freelancers can switch it on and off when searching. I'll share your feedback with the team.

Ines, you shouldn't see the toggle at all since you are not located in the U.S. I'll follow up with the team regarding your ticket.

~ Valeria
Untitled
Highlighted
Vincente A Member Since: Apr 26, 2018
4 of 23

It's a poor design choice.

Please share my feedback with the team as well.

Highlighted
Community Guru
Joseph C Member Since: Jan 22, 2016
5 of 23

I agree.

Every time I do a Job Feed I have to do it a second time to see Jobs that are otherwise interesting from US clients but just did not specific US Only.  Wastes my time.

Joe

Joseph M. C. ,P.C., CPA/ABV
Highlighted
Lilia S Member Since: Jan 25, 2018
6 of 23

Is there a way to turn off US-only when searching for freelancers?  I used to see talent all over the world. not only in US. 

Highlighted
Aleksandar D Moderator Member Since: Mar 23, 2019
7 of 23

Hi Lilia,

You should be able to search for other freelancers as well. In the search, are you seeing the 'U.S. Only' button as shown in this screenshot? If not, you can try clearing your cache and cookies or using another browser. If that doesn't help, please let me know so that I can assist you further.

Thank you.

~ Aleksandar
Untitled
Highlighted
Community Guru
8 of 23

And it continues.

2017-11-23_23-25-54.png

Highlighted
Valeria K Moderator Member Since: Mar 6, 2014
9 of 23

Ines, 

Did the pop up appear again since you updated the ticket? If so, could you please reply to the ticket and the team will re-open the case?

~ Valeria
Untitled
Highlighted
Community Guru
10 of 23

Hi Valeria,

Actually the pop-up wasn't there before, it showed up yesterday for the first time. And the On/Off toggle in Find Work came back.

I just updated the ticket.

If Upwork doesn't want non-US clients and non-US freelancers on the platform, it can just say so. These two features (coupled with the intrusive map for US freelancers) are so forced that that's the only reasonable conclusion they lead to.

Cheers,

Ines