🐈
» Forums » New to Upwork » Re: How do ask Upwork to give me Rising Talen...
Page options
bear-digiflipper
Community Member

How do ask Upwork to give me Rising Talent status?

Hi y'all,

Here's my request: I'm asking Upwork to grant me Raising Talent status ASAP.

Let me explain: I'm new to Upwork - I joined on approx. June 17, 2018. July 17 is 30 days. And August 17 will be 60 days since I started. This means September 17 will be 90 days.

According to Upwork eligibility policy at https://support.upwork.com/hc/en-us/articles/211063228-Become-a-Rising-Talent, I'm eligible due to"\:

1. Pass the Upwork Readiness Test = CHECK!

2.  Maintain a 100% complete profile = CHECK!

3. Keep your availability status up-to-date = CHECK!

4. Adhere to the Upwork Terms of Service = CHECK!

(This is a YES, as far as I know.)

5. I’ve joined in the last 30 days and have been active in submitting proposals = CHECK!

(The 90 day thing will be approx. September 17, but I prefer getting Rising Talent BEFORE that!

What I’ve NOT been able to do yet:

1. Have at least one contract (but too few to receive a JSS) and deliver great results to your clients” (I’m COMMITTED to success, but alas, no client contract/s as yet!)

2. “Complete your projects on time and as promised.” (Hard to do with no clients hiring me! But again, I’m COMMITTED to succeed!)

Face it: When I get this Rising Talent, I’ll be able to make more money. When I make money, SO DO YOU Upwork!

What do you say, Upwork? Do we have a deal?

Bear

3 REPLIES 3
petra_r
Community Member

@Jerry Bearathan C wrote:

Hi y'all,

Here's my request: I'm asking Upwork to grant me Raising Talent status ASAP.

(snip)

What do you say, Upwork? Do we have a deal?

With all due respect, I doubt it.

Your profile screams "I don't care!"

It's a complete and utter "WTF" kind of mess.

Face it: When I get this Rising Talent, I’ll be able to make more money. When I make money, SO DO YOU Upwork!

Serious logical error. You having some badge or the other does not make Upwork any money.

Clients hiring SOMEONE makes them money. Those who hire hire someone means Upwork makes money. Whether they make it from you or someone else makes no difference.

ravjv
Community Member

Seriously, it is Rising talent not raising talent, maybe that is what misled you? You have to be patient and keep applying but most importantly, apply within the first hour of a job getting posted so that your application gets noticed. 

BojanS
Community Manager
Community Manager

Hi Jerry Bearathan,

If you meet all the requirements and are selected to be added to the Rising Talent program, you'll receive an email notification. Please, continue working on improving your profile and deliver great results on your contracts.

~ Bojan
Upwork
Latest Articles
Featured Topics
Learning Paths