🐈
» Forums » New to Upwork » How do i get rank my profile
Page options
swakhar9684
Community Member

How do i get rank my profile

I am social media manager and social media ads manager. When I search "social media manager" in the search bar I saw many more freelancers. Most of them are new but they get ranked. my question is what is the key theory to get ranked in the Upwork search?

1 REPLY 1
cyber_sec007
Community Member

First thing first, the search results are different if you are searching as a freelancer, or as a client. So the first step here is to create a client account, switch to it, and do a search from there to see how you are showing up.

I'm using upwork for 3 years + and for the first couple of months I tried to find the algorithm to improve my "show up". What I have learned:

- The algo is not public and there is minimal info available from Upwork or others

- Upwork for fairness reasons is changing the order in how freelancers are presented for different search terms, approximately every 2-4 weeks (based on my experience, others might know better).

- The first 200 character is the most important as that is shows up in the search results so clients see that first, hence it should be an ass-kicking sales pitch.

Instead of trying to decrypt the algorithm, check who's the top performers in your category (income, number of projects, JSS, etc), try to digest their profile, and manage yours accordingly. Spend time on each proposal you are submitting (for me even after 3 years, the fastest submission takes 20 mins with a lot of text already pre-written). 

Good luck and all the best

Latest Articles
Featured Topics
Learning Paths