🐈
» Forums » New to Upwork » How do i know whether my proposal got accepte...
Page options
iraghu8
Community Member

How do i know whether my proposal got accepted?

Hi I am new to upwork. I have submitted proposal and want to know whether its accepted or not ?

How to check it.

Hoping for best reply soon.

4 REPLIES 4
martina_plaschka
Community Member

Raghu N wrote:

Hi I am new to upwork. I have submitted proposal and want to know whether its accepted or not ?

How to check it.

Hoping for best reply soon.

Technically, a client does not accept proposals. He reads them (or not), rejects or saves them, then initiates a chat in messenger(or not), and sends an offer (or not). Then you click accept, and you have a job.

After you send a proposal, forget about it until such time as the client makes contact with you. 

Thank you! Martina, for quick reply.

Hey I'm still confused. The client sent me the work thru WhatsApp, but the status is still under my active proposals. Does that mean I got the job?

Hi Jazmira,

Thank you for reaching out to us. You were not hired for this job and shouldn't provide any work until your client sends you an offer and a contract is created under your My Jobs tab. Please note that any request for free work is not allowed on Upwork, and it is a violation of Upwork's Terms of Service.

Please check this post for the freelancer resources and tips for avoiding questionable jobs that we put together to help freelancers make decisions whether to work with a client or not. 

Please know that sharing contact information before a contract has started is against Upwork’s Upwork's Terms of Service and that all communications prior to the contract starting must take place on Upwork. We also encourage you to let us know if a TOS violation has happened by using the Flag as Inappropriate option throughout the platform. You can learn more about user reporting here.

Feel free to also check this help article for more information on how to stay safe on Upwork.

~ Nikola
Upwork
Latest Articles
Featured Topics
Learning Paths