🐈
» Forums » New to Upwork » How do you message a Freelancer
Page options
beb7002d
Community Member

How do you message a Freelancer

I searched for a Writing Freelancer with the skills I am looking for, but wanted to ask her some basic questions first to see if she is a good fit.  For the life of me I cannot figure out how to message a FreeLancer here.  

One of the questions I wanted to ask her is I am writting Op-Ed articles and they are political in nature and want to make sure she has no issue editing articles even if they do not agree with her own political views.  I wrote a pro Trump Op-Ed and I kid you not I sent the article to one freelancer and just got back an anti Trump response.  I just wanted him to edit and fix the article not have a political debate.

1 REPLY 1
JoanneP

Hi Robert,

I checked your account, and it looks like you are currently under the basic plan and haven't added a billing method yet. You may consider adding a billing method on file and sign up for the free trial so that you can send a direct message to the freelancer. Setting up a billing method signals to freelancers that you are serious about getting a project done and prepared to hire. Without seeing that you’ve added a verified billing method, some freelancers may be less likely to respond to your message.

~ Joanne
Upwork
Latest Articles
Featured Topics
Learning Paths