🐈
» Forums » New to Upwork » Re: How does hiring works?
Page options
vanguard_of_abyz
Community Member

How does hiring works?

Hello, I'm new to the site and I would like to know how does the hiring work here. Particularly I would like to know about "Applied" tag. I have it on couple of my job requests and i'd like to know what to do next. Does this mean i was approved for a job, and if so what do i do next? I didn't recieve any messages or notifications, so do I just wait? 

ACCEPTED SOLUTION
petra_r
Community Member

Vadym P wrote:

Hello, I'm new to the site and I would like to know how does the hiring work here. Particularly I would like to know about "Applied" tag. I have it on couple of my job requests and i'd like to know what to do next. Does this mean i was approved for a job, and if so what do i do next? I didn't recieve any messages or notifications, so do I just  wait? 

It just means exactly what it says. You applied.  Until and unless a client contacts you there is nothing you can do.

Best you read all of this: New Freelancer Guides

View solution in original post

5 REPLIES 5
petra_r
Community Member

Vadym P wrote:

Hello, I'm new to the site and I would like to know how does the hiring work here. Particularly I would like to know about "Applied" tag. I have it on couple of my job requests and i'd like to know what to do next. Does this mean i was approved for a job, and if so what do i do next? I didn't recieve any messages or notifications, so do I just  wait? 

It just means exactly what it says. You applied.  Until and unless a client contacts you there is nothing you can do.

Best you read all of this: New Freelancer Guides

Thank you
colettelewis
Community Member

Deleted. My post crossed with Petra's which says the same thing. 

gilbert-phyllis
Community Member

Sometimes the "Applied" tag means nothing. I am seeing it this morning on a job that I declined. I actually declined two jobs invited by the same client in a week and the second time, blocked the client. (The jobs had nothing to do with the work that I offer.) Today, UW is telling me that I applied for one of them. But it's not in my proposals folder, so I'm ignoring it. This happened before and I pestered CS to explain it. Nobody could, really, but once I was satisfied that it's not fouling up my real stats, I didn't care.

Phyllis G wrote:

Sometimes the "Applied" tag means nothing. I am seeing it this morning on a job that I declined. I actually declined two jobs invited by the same client in a week and the second time, blocked the client. (The jobs had nothing to do with the work that I offer.) Today, UW is telling me that I applied for one of them. But it's not in my proposals folder, so I'm ignoring it. This happened before and I pestered CS to explain it. Nobody could, really, but once I was satisfied that it's not fouling up my real stats, I didn't care.

Latest Articles
Featured Topics
Learning Paths